W8hZ2FF.png

lnGP41c.gif

MUqIC8O.png

1zTEwuu.png

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I said before Tuesday’s game that I would be fine with 3 points in our next 3 games. Get a win tonight and we do that.

I’ll be pregaming at Krug’s today with the wife.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is it though? He's playing like garbage.

His garbage is Hayes gold. His "poor" play has been grossly overstated IMO. I just think people need to realize he may not be a number 6 OA talent and accept that he's just a solid player that deserves to be in the lineup because he is better than the options we are rolling out in his place. He's a very good player, and the team right now is worse without him.

In looking at the stats posted in the OP, it's amazing our record is as good as it is. Hoping for a non-boring game, but realistically expecting more of what we've seen over the last couple weeks.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not convinced Zacha is even outplaying Hayes at this point. I don't think his poor play has been overstated at all. I don't think this benching is about sending a message, it seems more likely to me that the coaching staff is trying to figure out what to do with him.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Need to get a win tonight. Their top line is scary good.

Best thing to do imo is send zacha to Binghamton once everyone is healthy to get confidence back and play big minutes down there. Kowalsky and the staff are good where it would be a logical move.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah, I'm not convinced Zacha is even outplaying Hayes at this point. I don't think his poor play has been overstated at all. I don't think this benching is about sending a message, it seems more likely to me that the coaching staff is trying to figure out what to do with him.

Fair enough. We just have to agree to disagree. No doubt Hayes looks like he tries harder. I don't see anything else in his game that points to him playing any better than Zacha, though.

What was really noticeable without Pavel in the lineup, and Nico and Bratt on the same PP, is how God awful the second PP unit is. We actually had two solid units with Zacha in and Palms healthy. Now, if whatever unit Bratt is on doesn't score, they aren't going to score.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
That’s not the point. He’s a top draft pick that is giving a half ass effort.

I don't think this is fair at all.

Zacha's problem has to do with assertiveness and confidence, not effort. Hynes isn't wrong with his "you have to be committed to playing the right way, not interested." Zacha's problems seems a lot more mental to me.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm not going to pretend I have any idea what the "problem" is with Zacha.

But I'm also not going to pretend it isnt obvious that he's at least currently better than Hayes and Noesen.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If you're going to the game tonight, remember to bring canned goods for the Thanksgiving food drive for the poor. I'm bringing:

Corn
Peas
String beans
Sliced potatoes
Baked Beans
Carrots
Turkey gravy
Cranberry sauce

When you turn in your cans you get a voucher for 2 tickets to an upcoming Devils game, and the cans above are most of the fixings (minus the bird) for a Turkey Day meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->