GDT: Devils vs. Oilers - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I don't accept an NHL team getting dominated like this. I think we are seeing it so often we don't realize how bad it has gotten here.

There's no excuse for being dominated on a regular basis in a league with as much parity as the NHL.

This is Mickey Mouse folks.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Has anyone ever witnessed an NHL PP as bad as this current Devils PP? Ever? I honestly have never seen anything worse than this. I would be disappointed with this PP at a High School game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yup, your best players need to be your best players but we'll just hear had bad Kalinin sucks [which he does].

On a normal team Kalinin just played his way out of a job tonight. He should be waived and a kid in Albany should get a shot on Monday after that sad performance.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
I'm gonna stop you right there at the bolded area. One, who gives a **** who takes over? Anyone will be better than that clueless sack of ****. Two, given how a lot of the best players look checked out, I'd say firing him would do wonders.

And the players in bold are played entirely way too much by Hynes, another reason to fire him. So don't use them as an excuse for the teams bad play when he continues to ****ing play them or dress them over guys like Bennett and Santini (earlier in the year). They are playing huge roles on the team because of the oblivious sack of **** coach.

Not denying those guys play way too much. They definitely do. But it's not Hynes's fault those guys are on the roster. He's not the one signing them or handling any roster moves. He's given a mediocre roster that I guess you expect him to make into a playoff team? News flash, our roster is not nearly as good as any team in the metropolitan besides maybe the Hurricanes and I guess you could make a case for the Islanders though if the Islanders had a goalie they'd be in way better shape than us. If you were given a roster like this, what would you be able to do with it?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This team is pathetic, there is no other way to describe it. It's not the least talented team in the league, but it's the most gutless and pathetic team in the league.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
How is who takes over not a big deal?

In all honesty, I'm not sure making a coaching change is going to do anything at this point. Unless they bring someone with a pedigree like Lemaire when he came back, I'm not sure how it changes. It's looking like it'll happen and I'm not going to be against it, but I still don't see how it changes anything.

Gallant is the only real option right now and if I were him I wouldn't touch this team with a ten foot pole. The only other option is bringing up Kowalski and I'm not sure what good that will do. I'd honestly rather keep Kowalski down in Albany developing the kids down there then bring him up to this mess and disrupt the team down there by uprooting their coach.

Complain all you want, but before you make these statements at least consider what the alternatives are and see the bigger picture. The saddest part is for most of the stuff people are venting about, there really is no better option.

Lou did it all the time and went behind the bench so it wasn't about who was replacing more about accountability which there is none here. Hynes will take the mic and be in a chipper mood. Maclean is friggin high right now. This team is so happy to suck

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
A voice in the locker room is better then no voice. We have no voice with Hynes.

I'm not disagreeing with you there.

I think it depends who that voice ends up being. Someone like Kowalsky would do little good, in my opinion. Gallant isn't good enough either. You need someone that has been there and done that to come in and take over. Someone like Lemaire.

I don't see where that will come from.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Not denying those guys play way too much. They definitely do. But it's not Hynes's fault those guys are on the roster. He's not the one signing them or handling any roster moves. He's given a mediocre roster that I guess you expect him to make into a playoff team? News flash, our roster is not nearly as good as any team in the metropolitan besides maybe the Hurricanes and I guess you could make a case for the Islanders though if the Islanders had a goalie they'd be in way better shape than us. If you were given a roster like this, what would you be able to do with it?

Except it is his fault that DSP, Kalinin and Gazdic are all playing at the same time and it is his fault for using them more than he should. Stop making excuses for his sucking as a coach. He has no clear strategy with this team, he can't make adjustments, he has a **** PP and a **** PK. He has talents like Zacha, Wood, Merrill and Santini and in OT tonight he goes with Henrique Cammalleri Quincey and Lovejoy when two of them are floating around and the other two were playing absolutely horribly tonight. He holds rookies accountable for minor mistakes yet rewards his vets with more ice time when they are no shows or flat out suck and are causing the team to lose.

He should know how to mange what he has, he has no clue.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Has anyone ever witnessed an NHL PP as bad as this current Devils PP? Ever? I honestly have never seen anything worse than this. I would be disappointed with this PP at a High School game.

I have never seen worse, and that's not hyperbole. This product is an embarrassment to the logo on the front of the jersey and the legacy of Dr. McMullen. Hell they are an embarrassment to the nhl.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Keep Kowaksky in Albany.
He's doing well there.

Bring in a vet tyrant style coach to finish this season.

Someone old and not looking to comeback next season.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
And why are people ripping on Hall?

"He needs to play like our best player."

I get that. But he literally probably was our best player on the ice tonight? Who played better? Because the 5 on 5 stats agree that Hall was the best. And he's pretty much consistently been the best.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
We hear about Kalinin because he has a roster spot over Bennett and gets entirely way too much playing time.

I agree to an extent, he was absolutely putrid tonight but I imagine they value him more because he can play either wing and center plus kill penalties.

It's more of a Gazdic in for Bennett thing though. Then again Bennett would have been shattered into a thousand pieces tonight, Edmonton was knocking us on our ass all game.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ

I don't think the Jackets have that great a team....so what I'm saying is that if
Torts is better than baldy at getting the team to respond thats pretty bad.
When the coach has lost the team he has to go.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I agree to an extent, he was absolutely putrid tonight but I imagine they value him more because he can play either wing and center plus kill penalties.

It's more of a Gazdic in for Bennett thing though. Then again Bennett would has been shattered into a thousand pieces tonight, Edmonton was knocking us on our ass all game.

He doesn't play wing or center well. He sucks. He sucks on the PK as well. He is a ****ing mess that makes Clarkson look like he could skate like Paul Coffey.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Except it is his fault that DSP, Kalinin and Gazdic are all playing at the same time and it is his fault for using them more than he should. Stop making excuses for his sucking as a coach. He has no clear strategy with this team, he can't make adjustments, he has a **** PP and a **** PK. He has talents like Zacha, Wood, Merrill and Santini and in OT tonight he goes with Henrique Cammalleri Quincey and Lovejoy when two of them are floating around and the other two were playing absolutely horribly tonight. He holds rookies accountable for minor mistakes yet rewards his vets with more ice time when they are no shows or flat out suck and are causing the team to lose.

He should know how to mange what he has, he has no clue.

I'm with you entirely. It's all about managing your roster. Hynes might just be the worst in the league at it. I don't get why people rip him for not having the team effort up. But why they give him a free pass for his horrible lineup management. This team could be better if we had a coach that was utilizing players better.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And why are people ripping on Hall?

"He needs to play like our best player."

I get that. But he literally probably was our best player on the ice tonight? Who played better? Because the 5 on 5 stats agree that Hall was the best. And he's pretty much consistently been the best.

He was not our best player tonight. He was floating all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad