GDT: Devils vs. Oilers - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah you might as well have Ward finish out the season to have a new voice and let Kowalsky develop the kids, then promote him after the year.

I think you need someone completely new. They need a total hard ass to spend the next 3 months beating work ethic and fundamentals into them.

Anyone gives him lip, you trade.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Guys are floating and half assing it. They are not playing even close to the right way.

Get anyone in here to stress work ethic and the basics to end the season with pride and you go long term in the offseason.

the basics like dont ****ing try and deke through 2 guys in the slot during a 3 on 3 OT

ya….that hall play fumed me…resulted in breakout counter against and eventual penalty vs zajac (which he had to take)

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
I'm as disappointed with this team as anyone else and agree that Hynes has made many questionable personnel decisions, BUT..

Say we fire him. Who replaces him? Does that have a positive impact on the team now or in the future? People are always quick to say fire the coach but look at this roster. While we're very hurt, find me a contending team that has guys of the caliber of Kalinin, Lappin, Quincey, Smith-Pelly, Gazdic, Lovejoy, etc. Not only are these guys pretty bad on a nightly basis, they're playing huge roles on the team. I do agree that that is Hynes's fault, but a coach can only do so much with the roster he's handed, and the fact of the matter is Hynes was handed mostly garbage, apart from like 5 or 6 players. I don't know if any coach can succeed with a roster like that.

you have a bad coach ..coaching a bad team and you know what you get?l......The New Jersey Devils...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What about Cooper if Tampa gets rid of him

I'd like him over the other choices.

Still disappointed over some of his lineup decisions though, like when he played Brendan Morrow's cremated remains over Drouin in the playoffs a couple years ago?:amazed:

But Hynes is lost and not ready for the NHL at this time. It's clear that he's the lost the team. This was another would-be blowout if not for the goaltending.

Another SHOULD-BE blowout.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Where's Lemaire to call this team out of forgetting how to hockey when you need him?

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
He looks either checked out mentally, still nursing an injury, or a little of both lately. Tonight he was ****ing terrible.

Yup, your best players need to be your best players but we'll just hear had bad Kalinin sucks [which he does].

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Yup, your best players need to be your best players but we'll just hear had bad Kalinin sucks [which he does].

We hear about Kalinin because he has a roster spot over Bennett and gets entirely way too much playing time.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm gonna stop you right there at the bolded area. One, who gives a **** who takes over? Anyone will be better than that clueless sack of ****. Two, given how a lot of the best players look checked out, I'd say firing him would do wonders.

And the players in bold are played entirely way too much by Hynes, another reason to fire him. So don't use them as an excuse for the teams bad play when he continues to ****ing play them or dress them over guys like Bennett and Santini (earlier in the year). They are playing huge roles on the team because of the oblivious sack of **** coach.

How is who takes over not a big deal?

In all honesty, I'm not sure making a coaching change is going to do anything at this point. Unless they bring someone with a pedigree like Lemaire when he came back, I'm not sure how it changes. It's looking like it'll happen and I'm not going to be against it, but I still don't see how it changes anything.

Gallant is the only real option right now and if I were him I wouldn't touch this team with a ten foot pole. The only other option is bringing up Kowalski and I'm not sure what good that will do. I'd honestly rather keep Kowalski down in Albany developing the kids down there then bring him up to this mess and disrupt the team down there by uprooting their coach.

Complain all you want, but before you make these statements at least consider what the alternatives are and see the bigger picture. The saddest part is for most of the stuff people are venting about, there really is no better option.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How is who takes over not a big deal?

In all honesty, I'm not sure making a coaching change is going to do anything at this point. Unless they bring someone with a pedigree like Lemaire when he came back, I'm not sure how it changes. It's looking like it'll happen and I'm not going to be against it, but I still don't see how it changes anything.

Gallant is the only real option right now and if I were him I wouldn't touch this team with a ten foot pole. The only other option is bringing up Kowalski and I'm not sure what good that will do. I'd honestly rather keep Kowalski down in Albany developing the kids down there then bring him up to this mess.

Complain all you want, but before you make these statements at least consider what the alternatives are and see the bigger picture. The saddest part is for most of the stuff people are venting about, there really is no better option.

A voice in the locker room is better then no voice. We have no voice with Hynes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad