GDT: Devils vs. Maple Leafs - 7:00PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Wasn't talking about "the Trap". This is a game we should win with Matthews out, Having beaten them last time, and Zajac coming back only find a way to lose.

I know, was a just joke having to do with the word trap

Sens don't even have anything to do with tonight's game

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Leafs land if funny. One poster said Matthews injury problems remind him of Lindros. One ( I assume) beat writer twittered about Toronto trading Matthews.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I actually kind of thought the same thing you posted (being lured into false sense of security). Like when we heard Backstrom wouldn't return from warmups but then of course he was in for our first loss of the season. Sounds like this ordeal with Matthews is more definitive though with multiple games missed.

I'm happy Zajac is feeling well enough and cleared to play I just hope they haven't rushed things at all. Plus I'm one of those guys that doesn't tinker when the going is good so I'm a bit worried about the whole returning to the team ordeal tonight in what I expect to be a challenging match, Matthews or not.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Zajac has been working out and practicing for a while now so I don’t think he is being rushed.

I think he has gotten more practice time with the team then Boyle before he came back.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
There's no way he's being rushed. The team is in first place right now lol, there's no need to rush him back. If he's ready he's ready.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leafs land if funny. One poster said Matthews injury problems remind him of Lindros. One ( I assume) beat writer twittered about Toronto trading Matthews.

Howard Berger hasn't been employed or had credentials in Toronto since 2011. He currently writes on his own blog which is failing miserably.

But yes, overall, we are a wonky bunch haha

Good luck tonight ladies and gents. Glad to see the Devils on the rise so quickly. Still remember Brodeur and CuJo in that playoff series way back when. Good times.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
0He9QbZ.gif

Get your ticket!!!

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Love that Zajac is back. Should help up immensely. Hate that Moore gets minutes Butcher should get.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Really a bummer that Zacha is scratched.

The problem is nobody other than maybe Henrique deserves to come out of the lineup for him. They could take Noesen out, but that line with him, Coleman, and Gibbons has been pretty good lately. It's going to be even more interesting when MoJo comes back.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The problem is nobody other than maybe Henrique deserves to come out of the lineup for him. They could take Noesen out, but that line with him, Coleman, and Gibbons has been pretty good lately. It's going to be even more interesting when MoJo comes back.

I've kinda accepted it. I think he should be playing over Coleman or Noesen, but the staff thinks differently. Ultimately, if they keep winning, I don't care. I just honestly think the team is better when Pavel is in the lineup. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I've kinda accepted it. I think he should be playing over Coleman or Noesen, but the staff thinks differently. Ultimately, if they keep winning, I don't care. I just honestly think the team is better when Pavel is in the lineup. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Why I have no issue just sending him down. If they prefer Coleman and Noesen, fine. Just let Zacha play somewhere.

He should be in over Henrique, but we know that is never happening.

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
Nico probably had the worst game of his young NHL career last game vs the leafs, got totally shut down by matthews. Let's hope he utilizes Matthews absence and shows the mecca of hockey that he's the real deal and get the recognition he deserves!
LGD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad