GDT: Devils vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Wow, just looked at the latest model run, and that storm for tomorrow jaunted west, which means you can probably add another inch or two to whatever your previous forecast was for your area. Newark could probably see 4", so train it to the game if you can.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Last year's top 6 could score, it was the bottom 6 that was awful.

Same thing with this year, despite the top 6 not being great and Henrique and Palmieri not being on pace to repeat last year at all.

Although it's not like Palmieri and Henrique are on pace for the worst seasons of their careers either.

Last year they actually played for this coach though. They really don't anymore, not since November. They've had a handful of wins? Sure they have. Johnny Mac had a streak of 3 out of 4 wins and a random 3-0 win over the Coyotes in his final days, and he never even had the team to begin with.

I without question wanted to say bottom 6, idk what happened.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
zacha has been one of the top possession forwards since he's been moved to Hall's line, I think he's been playing fine. Unless you're truly exceptional like McDavid, Matthews, or Marner--no 19 year old would put up points on this team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
zacha has been one of the top possession forwards since he's been moved to Hall's line, I think he's been playing fine. Unless you're truly exceptional like McDavid, Matthews, or Marner--no 19 year old would put up points on this team.

Yeah I'm not that worried. The talent is there. It just isn't going in for him yet. Hall is also ice cold and dogging it a bit as well.

I see a his numbers ballooning in a year or two.

We also have a nightmareishly bad PP. If he was seeing PP time on even a decent unit his point totals would be much more respectable.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just wish they could send Zacha down. I think a couple of weeks would do wonders for him. Hopefully Albany is in a playoff spot at the end of the year and some of our kids get some playoff hockey under their belt.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I just wish they could send Zacha down. I think a couple of weeks would do wonders for him. Hopefully Albany is in a playoff spot at the end of the year and some of our kids get some playoff hockey under their belt.

i think they can send him down

edit: i think im wrong …juniors or nhl no?

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
5 SOG vs Cory tonight, 3 goals.

Sad to see, I thought he had turned the corner.

He did his best Hannu Kamppuri imitation tonight.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Wow, just looked at the latest model run, and that storm for tomorrow jaunted west, which means you can probably add another inch or two to whatever your previous forecast was for your area. Newark could probably see 4", so train it to the game if you can.

Just saw this as well. If current models hold up the worst of it should be over by late afternoon

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just saw this as well. If current models hold up the worst of it should be over by late afternoon

We won't see another 334 club.

Won't be that bad in the northern part of the state plus a lot of fans can take the train if they don't want to drive.

Advanced gate is close to a sellout, stinks that this storm couldn't come on Sunday morning instead but I think most of our fans with tickets will deal with it and venture out to the game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
5 SOG vs Cory tonight, 3 goals.

Sad to see, I thought he had turned the corner.

He did his best Hannu Kamppuri imitation tonight.

Goal 2 was the only bad one. Goals 1, 3 and 4 were all indentical and poor work in front of the net.

Was a total no-show until the Leafs stopped attacking.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Goal 2 was the only bad one. Goals 1, 3 and 4 were all indentical and poor work in front of the net.

Was a total no-show until the Leafs stopped attacking.

True, but, when he's on his game he prob saves 2 out of those 3 from in tight.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Schneider needs to stop handling the puck for the rest of his career as a Devil. He is ****ing pathetic at it. Ward needs to be fired because his PP is ****ing terrible. Hynes needs to go as well, he has no clue what to do.

DSP and Kalinin need to be out of the ****ing lineup. Bring Blandisi and Quenneville. They are better players and bring speed to the team. IDC if they are rookies and are going to have off games and defensive lapses, they are better options than those two. Defense, keep Helgeson the **** away from the NHL.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Honestly their foot was never on the gas. They only had 9 shots in the first and the goals against was all us being boneheaded and nothing to do with skill.

It kind of reminded me of the Nashville game when we had like 4 goals on 6 shots or whatever it was. It wasn't that Toronto was all over us, we just dug ourselves a huge hole with uninspired and/or stupid play.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Would be the best thing for him, but we can't do it until Sarnia's season is done I think.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
First Devils game I've watched in weeks as I was getting physically ill watching them play this embarrassing hockey. Not much has changed I see lol. What the hell is up with Schneider this year? It's getting late quick this season and if he doesn't get his head out of his ass soon the season could be over in a couple weeks for this team. The whole team needs to get their head out of their own ass, sans a couple players. I'll watch tomorrow for Larsson but it's getting hard to even watch this team. Even if we can't figure out team defense it would at least be nice to score some goals but they're even hard to come by at this point.

Hopeless.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Also they might as well send Zacha back down to juniors at this point. It's becoming obvious that he's not as far along as we thought he was and its probably better to send him down so he can score some goals and get his confidence back. There's no point in having him up here anymore.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Zacha needs confidence, that's all. Remember his first few games when he was dancing around, making guys miss, and making ridiculous passes? That guy isn't the one we've been seeing since November. He's gotten away from the things that make him successful.

Albany is where he should be. I don't know if he can go to Sarnia actually, they already have the maximum amount of import players they're allowed to carry.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Zacha needs confidence, that's all. Remember his first few games when he was dancing around, making guys miss, and making ridiculous passes? That guy isn't the one we've been seeing since November. He's gotten away from the things that make him successful.

Albany is where he should be. I don't know if he can go to Sarnia actually, they already have the maximum amount of import players they're allowed to carry.

Honestly the time to send him to Sarnia for his benefit has passed. I think sending him now could hurt his confidence. He needs to just simplify his game right now, and the rest will come.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've never seen a more talentless bottom 6 on this team than what we've seen for the last 2 years. Literally nobody can score in the bottom 6 on this team, save for a rarer than a zombie apocalypse 2 point night from Kalinin 2 games ago and a couple of DSP goals months ago and Lappin early on.

I have no use for almost anyone that played in our bottom 6 tonight. Well, other than Zajac, I guess he was technically down there.

That's why I could give **** all if we start randomly start spinning a wheel and popping whoever it lands on with a trip to Albany. ALL of them are terrible at offense and aside from Josefson and Lappin, none of them are very good defensively either. You could sneak all of these guys down to Albany right now if they have to pass through waivers, and I'm pretty confident that most will get there. Maybe a poor shootout team would pick up Josefson. Maybe someone likes DSP after his hot streak last year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The more I think about it the more annoyed I get. They played two periods of decent hockey that doesn't matter at all because they played one of the worst 1st periods I've seen in a long long time.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Yea we dominated them in chances tonight on the 5 on 5 and still lost bad. Don't get it. I know the defense is bad in front of Cory, but come on man can't give up 3 goals on 5 shots.

I'm all for a lineup purge. Kalinin brings nothing offensively, so stop playing him. DSP brings marginal offense and is a possession black hole. I'm done with him.

Quincey/Lovejoy just doesn't work. Those two guys being out there right now isn't helping. Merrill actually seems to be turning it around this year, that's the sad part.

I'm all for bringing Blandisi back up when he gets healthy. Same with JQ. We aren't going anywhere, give JQ a chance to succeed with top 6 minutes at this point.

And I'm sorry, but Rico and Palms just haven't been there this year. Neither is particularly good possession wise and it's becoming more abundantly clear why Anaheim didn't value Palmieri that high. He's a mediocre at best possession forward and while his shot is good, he doesn't score enough goals that are sustainable. Henrique cannot be a center on a major line and carry it possession wise. Hopefully we have a center in the organization that can develop into that so we can move Henrique to a wing position. Bottom line is, we needed those guys to be 2 of our top 4 forwards this year. And the reality is, I'm not even sure they are both anything more than solid third line forwards that can fill on the 2nd line when there's an injury. This team is still lacking a severe amount of top end talent.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Yea we dominated them in chances tonight on the 5 on 5 and still lost bad. Don't get it. I know the defense is bad in front of Cory, but come on man can't give up 3 goals on 5 shots.

I'm all for a lineup purge. Kalinin brings nothing offensively, so stop playing him. DSP brings marginal offense and is a possession black hole. I'm done with him.

Quincey/Lovejoy just doesn't work. Those two guys being out there right now isn't helping. Merrill actually seems to be turning it around this year, that's the sad part.

I'm all for bringing Blandisi back up when he gets healthy. Same with JQ. We aren't going anywhere, give JQ a chance to succeed with top 6 minutes at this point.

And I'm sorry, but Rico and Palms just haven't been there this year. Neither is particularly good possession wise and it's becoming more abundantly clear why Anaheim didn't value Palmieri that high. He's a mediocre at best possession forward and while his shot is good, he doesn't score enough goals that are sustainable. Henrique cannot be a center on a major line and carry it possession wise. Hopefully we have a center in the organization that can develop into that so we can move Henrique to a wing position. Bottom line is, we needed those guys to be 2 of our top 4 forwards this year. And the reality is, I'm not even sure they are both anything more than solid third line forwards that can fill on the 2nd line when there's an injury. This team is still lacking a severe amount of top end talent.

I think Zacha is going to be able to be a center that carries possession. He'll eventually shift Henrique from C but I don't think it'll be to wing. I think it'll be to another team for defensive help. The organization has a glut of middle6 and lower talent. With Zacha, Quenneville, McLeod, Speers, Bastian, and Wood eventually (hopefully) pushing their way into the lineup I think Henrique and Palmieri will eventually have new homes, dealt to fill other needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad