GDT: Devils vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
And of course the snow chances for tomorrow increased. 1-3 for Newark, 5-7 inches for where i live. Shame, according to Tocketmaster its practically a sellout.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Good point by Stan.

Seems like every team has some young star forward, except us of course.

Hate to pile on a 19 yr old Zacha but he's not showing glimpses if being a special player yet.

I guess its hard to on this team.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DSP absolutely doesn't deserve ice time right now.

I don't think barely anyone in our bottom 6 deserves ice time, which is why I won't shed a tear if any of them are waived tomorrow and we call up 3 other guys to replace them.

DSP has been more useless this year than he was for Anaheim and Montreal. Kalinin has always been useless, outside of 2 nice goals in 110 career games and being a good PKer and just a body out there. Poor Zajac has to play with him, he might go the rest of the season without scoring an even strength goal if you keep him with those guys.

I like Lappin, but there's no point in keeping him up anymore if we wanna call up some other guys. Wood doesn't seem ready yet. Gazdic shouldn't be in the NHL, but he's probably not much worse than DSP and Kalinin.

Same goes for JJ, but he might actually have some use in the very rare occasion that we can get to a shootout these days.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Good point by Stan.

Seems like every team has some young star forward, except us of course.

Hate to pile on a 19 yr old Zacha but he's not showing glimpses if being a special player yet.

I guess its hard to on this team.

That isn't true in both regards. We have a 25 year old Hall and there are plenty of teams that don't have 20 or younger players lighting it up.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
DSP is proving why he's been on 3 teams in 4 years or whatever it is.

Lappin can be sent down now.

Helgeson needs to be sent back for Auvitu, Scarlett, Mozik, Mike Mottau, Ken Klee, anyone.

Zacha should just go back to Sarnia before the suck permanently sticks to him.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That isn't true in both regards. We have a 25 year old Hall and there are plenty of teams that don't have 20 or younger players lighting it up.

I expect a little more out of a 6th overall. Some stuff that shows me we have a future star.
Shanny struggled his rookie season but he made a bigger impact in games.

Overall, our team is too little on talent to not give it 100% for 60 minutes.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I expect a little more out of a 6th overall. Some stuff that shows me we have a future star.
Shanny struggled his rookie season but he made a bigger impact in games.

Overall, our team is too little on talent to not give it 100% for 60 minutes.

You wanted Barzal and he got sent back to juniors before he hit 10 games.

Not every 19 year old is going to hit the ground running. If he had that level of early maturity he would of went top 5.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's too many crap players in the bottom 6 (just like last year) and I don't think we'd be any worse by throwing some of the bums out and trying out new guys, even if we're not any better.

Or we can just stay status quo, keep everybody up, keep trotting out the same lineups but maybe switching up the lines and maybe even giving Hynes, Ward and Nasreddine matching 3 year extensions for their hard work and terrific job over the last 1.5 years, especially the last two months. They've done a damn fine job.

If not for them, we'd be last place in the league and not just the 5th worst or whatever it is.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You wanted Barzal and he got sent back to juniors before he hit 10 games.

Not every 19 year old is going to hit the ground running. If he had that level of early maturity he would of went top 5.

You wanted Barzal too and NYb was smart to send him back.

Top-5, he was picked one spot lower.

I want to see some glimpses, that's all.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

You're lucky on those tix. I was shut out.

I will check stubhub at some point.

I actually scored the 4 I'm using at 10:03 and then another 4 at 10:05 on a 2nd browser that I flipped for a quick $100. It's what I do.

PA Parenteau's wife just ran over with her 2 kids to have them take a photo with NJ Devil.

So the night wasn't a total loss..

Did she mention she's his wife, or are you just creepy as hell? :sarcasm:

who called the goal with ~4 minutes left lol

That was me.

You get that kind of ESP from a lifetime of Devils hockey.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
At least with last years bottom 6, who also couldn't score, we had guys who wouldn't go down without a fight.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can already see Hynes saying something like ''We had 32 shots on goal, we gave ourselves a chance to get back in it. Just gotta bury more chances, but I like our response to the 1st period and our compete level and battle to get back into the game. But you don't give yourself a chance to win when you have a 1st period like we did. And for us, we need to find that combination collectively as a group, between consistent levels of effort and battle''

Sounds like a generic and articulate response from him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least with last years top 6, who also couldn't score, we had guys who wouldn't go down without a fight.

Last year's top 6 could score, it was the bottom 6 that was awful.

Same thing with this year, despite the top 6 not being great and Henrique and Palmieri not being on pace to repeat last year at all.

Although it's not like Palmieri and Henrique are on pace for the worst seasons of their careers either.

Last year they actually played for this coach though. They really don't anymore, not since November. They've had a handful of wins? Sure they have. Johnny Mac had a streak of 3 out of 4 wins and a random 3-0 win over the Coyotes in his final days, and he never even had the team to begin with.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You wanted Barzal too and NYb was smart to send him back.

Top-5, he was picked one spot lower.

I want to see some glimpses, that's all.

Idk I'm seeing glimpses. The points arent there but his speed, hands, and senses are there. Just not consistently.

He is too passive as well, and isn't playing with confidence which seems to be his biggest problem right now.

That will come with time.

I have no doubt he would be lighting juniors up if we sent him back and he would of had a great WJC.

He is here instead on a struggling team.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
that was quick i had to go out and DVR the game watched 12 minutes and fast forwarded to the end...

great job devils making the organization proud sorry ... sorry team this is with a sorry coach...

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I can already see Hynes saying something like ''We had 32 shots on goal, we gave ourselves a chance to get back in it. Just gotta bury more chances, but I like our response to the 1st period and our compete level and battle to get back into the game. But you don't give yourself a chance to win when you have a 1st period like we did. And for us, we need to find that combination collectively as a group, between consistent levels of effort and battle''

Sounds like a generic and articulate response from him.

I feel so much the same way when JMac was on his way out.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Last year's top 6 could score, it was the bottom 6 that was awful.

Same thing with this year, despite the top 6 not being great and Henrique and Palmieri not being on pace to repeat last year at all.

Although it's not like Palmieri and Henrique are on pace for the worst seasons of their careers either.

Last year they actually played for this coach though. They really don't anymore, not since November. They've had a handful of wins? Sure they have. Johnny Mac had a streak of 3 out of 4 wins and a random 3-0 win over the Coyotes in his final days, and he never even had the team to begin with.

the power play is such a joke.. i have never seen anything like it.. its a game wrecker every time.. taylor hall isn't impressing me either i see a cry baby syndrome in his game.. not sure what i mean by that but he seems like he feels sorry for himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad