GDT: Devils vs. Bruins 5PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
One of my friends that is a big big Bruins fan, said Talbot dished out a cheapshot that should have been a 5 and a game. That bad?

Cory is such a stud. This team has to find a way to score more than one. Still exceeding expectations, but it would be nice to keep going with it.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Tough break for Schneider he had a tremendous game

He deserved a win more than anyone on the ice tonight

Confused as to why Josefson wasn't used in the shootout. One of the few positives he brings.

Probably would've slotted him in instead of Stemp to go first.

Think they mentioned he wasn't in due to an injury

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thank #35 and the top 6 (or top 5) that this team isn't an absolute joke.

The one time we really need Josefson, he's injured and not available for the shootout.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought he went back to the locker room hurt.

He came back out after getting hurt initially, I think he played a shift or two and then went back to the locker room again.

I hate Ruutu more than Zubrus last year. We need to do with him what we did with Zubrus in the offseason, only we need to do it now.

Waive or a healthy scratch for a lengthy stretch of time. I would be really mad if Farnham comes back and is sitting while Ruutu plays, that's how much I hate Ruutu. He's finished.

Matteau is horrendous, but Ruutu is worse than Brian O'Neill.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
please don't come in 9th or 10th......have some brains rebuild and get Matthews....

My thoughts exactly as well. Sell every UFA to be at the deadline. We aren't going to win a single game if we miraculously make the playoffs.

I just got home... Why no Josefson on the SO?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I put this loss on the refs, who really sucked. They miss a major on Talbot and call Moore on a bs penalty in ot. And Travis Zajac. All he had to do was shoot a foot higher, instead he hits the goalie in the pads. One of the most frustrating games I've seen in a while. I also remember why I was happy when Lou fired Julien. The guy is a constant crybaby. I want to punch him in the head.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Cory Schneider played his heart out, too bad the team in front of him couldn't skate at all in the overtime period.

Larsson looks like he's playing scared, I have no idea what's going on with him. I don't get how a player with his lack of mobility went 4th overall.

I can't really think of too many positives other than Greene and Schneider.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They called that phantom penalty on Moore because the refs knew Julien was pissed, and they were afraid he was gonna steal all their post game donuts.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Zajac really needed to elevate that puck, and the team needed to get the puck out of their zone in OT with more than 20 seconds left. Cory and Andy get a point; all other Devils deserve zero. Also Cammy is fanning on too many good chances.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Larsson's game always disappoints me in some aspects. Never see him truly being a #1 Dman. A good solid #2, but never a #1 D that anchors a team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our top forwards need to pick up the slack again. If they aren't producing, this team can't win.

Some people acted like I was crazy when I was saying how lousy our bottom 6 was at scoring like a month ago.

3rd line more particularly, which we don't have. It's time to permanently scratch certain players, like Ruutu being the most suspect right now.

We were doing just fine without him, now he's back in and we're averaging 1 goal a game since he's been back. I think we might be averaging 1 goal a game for all 6 or 7 games he's played this season, and we haven't won a game with him.

Sit him permanently, it's not like it's screwing him out of an NHL contract next season. That's already long since happened with his play over the last 2 seasons before this one. Neither coaching staffs did him any favor last year by playing Zubrus much more than him, but I'm starting to doubt he really would have been any better.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
As a Bruins fan, as much as I loved the outcome and as much as I was purposefully attempting to will Cory to lose that game he in no way deserved to.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As a Bruins fan, as much as I loved the outcome and as much as I was purposefully attempting to will Cory to lose that game he in no way deserved to.

He's our only hope when the top 6 can't score more than 1 goal. Cause it's usually the only way we're getting a goal if they score. Occasionally the 4th line will get us one too.

And I'm always confident that when he has a bad game, he'll rebound the next game and make up for it. Can't stay that about Kinkaid, I have zero confidence in Kinkaid at this point. He's been awful this year for the most part, Cory is pretty much our only chance to win unless we blow out the other team.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Larsson's game always disappoints me in some aspects. Never see him truly being a #1 Dman. A good solid #2, but never a #1 D that anchors a team.

I agree, he's looking more and more like a run-of-the-mill defensive D-man that can't skate well but can kill penalties and block shots. I thought we were getting a Victor Hedman type PMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad