GDT: Devils vs. Blues - 8:00PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Buying a luxury car is so hard...

That Ray Cantina commercial always cracked me up.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
There is no question that Severson needs to tighten things up in his own end, but what I don't get is tthe way this staff uses him.

Severson is the absolute best defender on this team for the way this organization wants to, or least says it wants to play. Instead of playing to his strengths and that would be putting him in a more offensive role behind top 6 forwards with a strong defensive partner so he can transition, they have had him with Moore, Butcher for the most part of the last two years. Playing with those guys essentially takes any freedom away from him by giving no one to lean on and allowing for zero chance taking. Why would you do this with a player like Severson?

Like I said initially there are definitely things that Severson needs to improve but his deployment has been terrible by this coaching staff... really the entire time they have been here.

I don't think it's on the staff at all. The guy has less points then Santini, who's viewed by all as a defensive defensemen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he isn't good or won't turn into a legit 1st pairing guy, but he's just not there yet. Butcher's game is way more suited to play with our best offensive players and he has the #'s to back it up.

I just think we need to pump the brakes with Damon. Let's not get into a hissy fit if ever he gets healthy scratched and I'm certain Hynes and management has a valid reason as to why he isn't in the lineup.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid better not let in a stoppable goal or two.

I’m sure if he does, it will be a goal that he has “No chance” on, that was called a softie the last time Cory allowed it.

I don’t want any excuses. Make some f***ing saves tonight or GTFO. The game to play him was really Buffalo. This is asking for a losing streak by playing him tonight. His personal play against the Blues is abysmal and we haven’t beaten them in years. We’re due to beat them and he’s due to play well, if not just by accident. This is obviously a pity start because he hasn’t played in a while. And if he sucks again, it better be another 3+ weeks (4 with the bye week) before we see him again.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes probably promised to get Lovejoy in a game soon, and tonights the night. LJ has been a good soldier about his playing time.
Lovejoy has been okay.

I’m more annoyed with playing Kinkaid, who hasn’t been good at all, and against a strong team, who we usually have a ton of trouble against.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Lovejoy has been okay.

I’m more annoyed with playing Kinkaid, who hasn’t been good at all, and against a strong team, who we usually have a ton of trouble against.
maybe Kinky will steal a game for us tonight, he does that once in a while ? not expecting it but.......

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I think the last time we beat stl was the game that was like 6-1 and Gelinas scored from center ice lmao.......long overdue W

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid almost lets an early one go right through him and Greene and Santini get pinned in.

What else is new?

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
What a great start. That shit pairing getting demolished early. Gonna be a long night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad