OXLL18n.png

lnGP41c.gif

RQkBe2y.png

FLn8ktw.png

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Since we rolled with it in the team discussion thread, we'll roll with Hynes joker here as well. Here's his thoughts on sitting Severson

tumblr_ohtr87l5lf1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
My best friend is a Blues fan, he lives in Jersey and that's who he picked, sent him a text this morning that if they beat us again I'm just going to come over and start pounding on him. Enough is enough!

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I think they get stomped again. Lovejoy for severson is laughable. That santini and Greene pairing is the biggest problem the team has, yet that dog shit is kept together.

And Kinkaid hasn't given a reason to believe he can steal a game right now.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
What an overreaction to Severson sitting.

Hopefully we win so he keeps sitting

I get it, you think he's played bad. But this is also an over-reaction and a terrible take. We're a better team when Severson is playing because he can play very well and lead our defense.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
What an overreaction to Severson sitting.

Hopefully we win so he keeps sitting

Will you please stop. We get it, you don't like Severson. Severson is an important part of this team, and we dont need you in every single post and thread throwing your hate out for him.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Blues aren't playing their best hockey of late but it will require a top notch effort. Blues are a big, structured team much like the Caps. Schwartz is a big loss for them and hopefully Hutton has an off night.

Its about time they got the St. Louis monkey off their back. I hope Palmieri breaks out offensively. We need him scoring goals again.

Gerard

Dec 24, 2017
New Jersey
Will you please stop. We get it, you don't like Severson. Severson is an important part of this team, and we dont need you in every single post and thread throwing your hate out for him.
So im just supposed to blindly hype him up when he cant even stay on the roster without being scratched?

Hes overrated, no one seems to have any support for these claims that he is our best dman. Henrique got us our best dman, hence it costed Henrique. What, you’d trade Henrique for Severson? I sure as hell wouldn’t

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
What exactly does he lead this team in?
i'll bite

he leads the D-corps in Shots Attempted, and 3rd in the team behind hall and nico

leads the team in expected +/-

leads the D on takeaways (though yes, he leads on giveaways as well)

i wish hockey analysis wasn't gone for good, because i'd be curious to see zone entries

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
So im just supposed to blindly hype him up when he cant even stay on the roster without being scratched?

Hes overrated, no one seems to have any support for these claims that he is our best dman. Henrique got us our best dman, hence it costed Henrique. What, you’d trade Henrique for Severson? I sure as hell wouldn’t

No, but you can also stop looking at every single negative thing he does and extrapolating that to what he does all the time. Because prior to last game he was playing very well but for some reason you don't think so, and I think you're the only one that thinks that. It's not blindly overrating him it's giving him his due. You're blindly underrating him.

And that trade question is ridiculous and not a good measurement to compare the two at all.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
What exactly does he lead this team in?

What does Lovejoy lead our team in? How about Greene and Santini besides the worst corsi on the team and some of the worst defensive numbers in the league?

Severson breaks the puck out better than any of those three. The teams strength is it's offense, playing to it's strengths is how it will win, which is why playing Santini, Lovejoy and Greene over Severson or playing Greene and Santini more than Severson hurts our chances more than it helps them.

If they want to get Lovejoy in, maybe bench Santini.

I'd also be okay with them resting Butcher a bit since he has been pretty bad and has not been really effective on the PP as of late.

Reactions: Jets012

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
i'll bite

he leads the D-corps in Shots Attempted, and 3rd in the team behind hall and nico

leads the team in expected +/-

leads the D on takeaways (though yes, he leads on giveaways as well)

i wish hockey analysis wasn't gone for good, because i'd be curious to see zone entries

Tableau Public

Severson leads our defense in carry-ins per/60

Reactions: Aethon and Jets012

Gerard

Dec 24, 2017
New Jersey
Severson leads in offensive advanced stats, great. What does he lead in defensively?

And St Louis has been playing mediocre hockey lately, would be a good game for us to bounce back.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
LGD!!

Severson sitting for Lovejoy? Yikes. I've been critical of the tire fire defense Severson has been playing, but Lovejoy is hardly an improvement overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad