Confirmed with Link: Devils Trade Henrik Tallinder to Buffalo for Riley Boychuk

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
How do you find the WoWY stuff on the site? I haven't been able to figure it out and I was really curious what it would tell us about Larsson and Josefson, and Zajac, to an extent.

Honestly, I can't figure it out. That's why I started following him on twitter, he'll random tweet out links when the info is relevant.

I know it's really down one guy busting his ass off, but it'd be nice to break it down into smaller sample sizes.
He tweeted out Kovy's not too far back, and it didn't seem flattering to most of his linemates... but I'm wondering how much of that was pre/post injury, what the numbers looked like when the team was slumping as a whole, etc.

It also works if you just google, "Travis Zajac WOWY" and look for the hockey analysis link.
You're stuck looking at the whole roster, though.

kiwidevil

No, because that's only showing the relative corsi of a player's opponents. It doesn't say anything about a player's own puck possession ability, which probably took me way too long to figure out. It'd be a lot easier if some of this stuff had more intuitive names.

OK, thanks.

SO it's better to take in all the stat lines and compare them to dmen on the same team etc.?

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Now I'm lost in a world of shot charts, WOWYs and capgeek depth charts... I'm never going to bed at this rate.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
OK, thanks.

SO it's better to take in all the stat lines and compare them to dmen on the same team etc.?

Yeah, pretty much. Individual numbers can be helpful for a quick snapshot, but context is always important when you're just looking at numbers on a page.

Now I'm lost in a world of shot charts, WOWYs and capgeek depth charts... I'm never going to bed at this rate.

WHOAAAAAAA thank you so much! Can't wait to try and find out if Zajac really is bad with Kovalchuk or not.

EDIT: Wow, Larsson was garbage this season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad