Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2022-23 season thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He’s delusional and has been for years.

The payroll is high because they have guys like Vlasic, who’s been a bad player for at least 6 years now and way overpaid. He was already bad when he got that deal. They re-signed Hertl, who’s a good player, but he’ll be old and maybe even out of the league by the time they’re good again. That’s how much work they have to do. I could see them being bad for as long as we’ve been.

Couture is still a good player, but he’s 33 and he’s seen better days.
They bought into competing when they were on the downslope which is a shame. They had a good team for a while but I recall that finals against PIT. They looked so slow in comparison.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Say whaaaat . No way they think that . They have to know they are non starters in any trade talk
They have to know doesn’t mean they do know. They also told us they were competing this year, which I don’t know if that’s more insulting or more comic relief.

In all seriousness, I do think they’d know those two are non-starters. I think…..

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As small as the list of players who never return to 100% post groin surgery?
I mean, groin surgery is usually not a big deal unless it's one of those groin injuries that really turn out to be hip injuries, that are initially misdiagnosed as groin injuries. Cory Schneider says hello on that one.

It is disappointing that he had to have surgery after 5 games here, but if it's just a simple groin injury then it's really not much to worry about. You can have way more serious injuries/surgeries than that.

Reactions: My3Sons

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
i get that stylistically they are different but did someone surefire know Meier was going to be some bonafide ppg player when he was twenty putting up 36points/82

And I'm not saying I know the answer im just playing devils advoc here
It doesn't really matter since his progression from that point is quite a bit more than the average player. You can't necessarily project Holtz to have that same progression/impact IMO.

Reactions: FascinationStreet

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
I mean, groin surgery is usually not a big deal unless it's one of those groin injuries that really turn out to be hip injuries, that are initially misdiagnosed as groin injuries. Cory Schneider says hello on that one.

It is disappointing that he had to have surgery after 5 games here, but if it's just a simple groin injury then it's really not much to worry about. You can have way more serious injuries/surgeries than that.
oh.. i agree. My comment was in jest. A groin injury at ANY age is not the worse thing. It's definitely not cause to say someone will never be 100% again.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Congratulations boys! First 4 game winning streak since 2018. Let's get it! Who saw this coming after our horrendous start from the beginning of the year. I'll admit I was a Debbie downer after the first 2 losses but this team has proved me wrong. They have it in them. Only thing that needs changing is to sit Smith for Bahl.
Just realized we got Mercer through the Hall to Yotes trade. So larsson.. into hall.. mercer.
It's even more then that. We also got a 3rd who we flipped for Jonas Siegenthaler & we also got Bahl. So the final trade ended up as
Hall for Mercer, Siegenthaler, Bahl. What a steal of a trade in hindsight. Completely transformed our team.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Devils have skated almost every opponent into the ground at even strength and yet they’re averaging the least amount of PP time per game in the whole league.

Refs subconsciously ref by reputation and that isn’t helping the Devils right now.

Tonight’s game was particularly annoying on the penalty front.

BAE573AE-DF64-4A19-BD8F-4D7DB0D5D487.jpeg

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Devils have skated almost every opponent into the ground at even strength and yet they’re averaging the least amount of PP time per game in the whole league.

Refs subconsciously ref by reputation and that isn’t helping the Devils right now.

Tonight’s game was particularly annoying on the penalty front.

View attachment 602105

They're busy having another doughnut

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Remember those Polls about which upcoming teams (Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, NJ) had the best shot at the playoffs? Weren't there a whole bunch of people saying that the Wings and Sens were ahead of NJ?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also big LOL at the leafs being the 3rd worst team in the east.

(yes it might be too early to gloat but its catharsis after those people were annoying me all summer)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
november schedule
----------------

14 games

0 sunday bullshit

only 1 weekend matinee ......saturday at 1pm ottawa

10 vs canadian teams

somehow theres a coyotes game in there ...

.....so now..... run the table

View attachment 602129
That 2nd Calgary game might be a fun one depending on the physicality and the score of the first one. If you want to see a Devil player to fight again this month then I would choose that one.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
november schedule
----------------

14 games

0 sunday bullshit

only 1 weekend matinee ......saturday at 1pm ottawa

10 vs canadian teams

somehow theres a coyotes game in there ...

.....so now..... run the table

View attachment 602129

So many damn sports heating up with the peak of football season, World Cup and usually Thanksgiving is where we find out which NHL teams are frauds or for real. Definitely wanna get to that EDM game at home. Already going to that one at MSG with a few Rangers buddies as the sole Devils fan lol

Reactions: njdevils1982

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Right now NJ, BUF, PHI, and NYI are in playoff positions while FLA, TOR, WSH, and PIT are on the outside.

In the West, SEA is in and COL is out while CGY and CHI battle for the last wild card seed.

I know it's still really early but this might the shakeup year a lot of teams have been waiting for. I can't wait to see what the standings look like come Thanksgiving.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Right now NJ, BUF, PHI, and NYI are in playoff positions while FLA, TOR, WSH, and PIT are on the outside.

In the West, SEA is in and COL is out while CGY and CHI battle for the last wild card seed.

I know it's still really early but this might the shakeup year a lot of teams have been waiting for. I can't wait to see what the standings look like come Thanksgiving.

Flyers have been BAD. Hart's not going to be insane all year. Seattle last year was like us but to a lesser extent. They were a far better group than their record but got sank by goaltending.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Remember those Polls about which upcoming teams (Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, NJ) had the best shot at the playoffs? Weren't there a whole bunch of people saying that the Wings and Sens were ahead of NJ?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also big LOL at the leafs being the 3rd worst team in the east.

(yes it might be too early to gloat but its catharsis after those people were annoying me all summer)

The Sens made sense though…their core pieces are in place and breaking out, just like the Devils. They should be a lot better than they’ve been so far.

I never understood why Detroit was getting so much respect. They’re still a few pieces short.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The Sens made sense though…their core pieces are in place and breaking out, just like the Devils. They should be a lot better than they’ve been so far.

I never understood why Detroit was getting so much respect. They’re still a few pieces short.

Sens made the most sense but still didn't make sense. We were clearly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad