Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2022-23 season thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Who's invading Philly with me tomorrow?
I have too hot of a temper to ever consider stepping foot inside that building, it just wouldn't be fun for me.

I also haven't been arrested since I was about 21 (20 years ago) and would like to keep it that way. Ironically I was in Philly when it happened - not at a game or sports related. :laugh:

I genuinely loathe that city with ever fiber of my being.

That being said, have fun and represent!

• Wow
Reactions: Guttersniped

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
I have too hot of a temper to ever consider stepping foot inside that building, it just wouldn't be fun for me.

I also haven't been arrested since I was about 21 (20 years ago) and would like to keep it that way. Ironically I was in Philly when it happened - not at a game or sports related. :laugh:

I genuinely loathe that city with ever fiber of my being.

That being said, have fun and represent!
Personally, I love Philly. It's one of my favorite US cities.

Maybe I won't get as much crap since my 9 year old will be rocking his Hughes jersey with his Eagles wool hat.

• Love
Reactions: Guttersniped

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Pack all of your goaltender talk, and take it to the goaltender thread.
giphy.gif

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Maybe I won't get as much crap since my 9 year old will be rocking his Hughes jersey with his Eagles wool hat.
I get it and I've heard there's a lot of cool shit thats popped up in the last decade or two. But having grown up equidistant from Philly and NYC I really gave it a fair shot and just had a bunch of bad experiences. Doesn't help that I have had several friends who have had beer thrown at them, endless shit talked to them, or gotten in to a fight at wells fargo.

I also know a lot of people can't stand NYC so it takes all kinds.

I'm sure the kid thing will work out as that would be savage even for that town to mess with a father and young son.

LFGD and enjoy yourself.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I could see us letting Tatar go given his age and his performance in his first year.
Totally possible, and I don't think him staying is a lock.

But I think it's possible he'll take a reasonable deal in order to stick around on a team that's going somewhere and to prevent another move right now. I think his overall market won't be incredibly strong for the same reasons you give, so there isn't as much drive to go out and get the biggest contract.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Do you have the appropriate shielded handling equipment to put that jersey that close to that hat? I'd be very concerned for your child. You may want to run some field testing with some lawyers nobody will miss if they are vaporized by the garments' proximity before setting that loose at a game.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I don’t buy it because they were allegedly offering Johnny Blue Jacket more money. They wouldn’t try to sign him for ostensibly more money than Hughes and then cry internal cap on Bratt.

I can totally see it, only because of the damn industry I work in. They refuse to give raises to their internal workers but gladly pay big money to new people...it makes no sense. Homegrown loyalty or something...

who knows if it's like that in hockey too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad