Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
This personality conversation is weird....ever see Babcock's personality? The guy is pretty standoffish and condescending... nobody cares about anything if you win and when you lose everything is wrong from the ties you wear to the words you choose to the decisions you make.

seriously. PDB had his flaws...but his 'snobbish' treatment of the press? people are reeeaaacchhing

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't have a problem with him being snotty with the media. That's what they signed up for when becoming sports journalists. Just like those questions are what he signed up for when he became a professional sports head coach.

I actually thought it was quite amusing those couple times he got heated with Tom Gulitti and Randy Miller.

My favorite was when he told one of them that maybe they should apply for a coaching job.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
On the comments of his blog and on twitter TG can get a bit, il call it sensitive at times.

On his blog and Twitter he can get like that for good reason.

He got really testy on deadline day because he was tired of the "Lou failed" tripe he was being bombarded with and wrote a rather long defense of what he believed Lou was doing.

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
On his blog and Twitter he can get like that for good reason.

He got really testy on deadline day because he was tired of the "Lou failed" tripe he was being bombarded with and wrote a rather long defense of what he believed Lou was doing.

Yeah I get that, must get old with the anonymous comment system he had. But he came off as whiny whenever he actually responded to people.. Iv had him respond to me on twitter via DM.. Not pretty haha

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
Can someone who watches frequently shed some light on Santini?

The limited research I've done says that he looks like a legitimate top 10/15 blue chip prospect, but there is much more to it than that.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Can someone who watches frequently shed some light on Santini?

The limited research I've done says that he looks like a legitimate top 10/15 blue chip prospect, but there is much more to it than that.

I spoke to some BC fans on a board I found. they basically said he should be untouchable and may end up one of the top defensive defenseman in the league

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Dreger said on insider trading the Leafs approached the Devils for sure about a Clarkson deal similar to CBJ. I guess Lou wanted them to retain some of Clarksons salary which is why it didn't happen.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dreger said on insider trading the Leafs approached the Devils for sure about a Clarkson deal similar to CBJ. I guess Lou wanted them to retain some of Clarksons salary which is why it didn't happen.

Man they wanted out of that deal badly.

If they leafs retained salary and I assume took Clowe I don't think that would of been a bad deal for us.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs asked about trading David Clarkson back to the Devils

Hey Devils fans not sure if anyone heard this news but on TSN tonight during their Insider Trading segment, Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger reported the Maple Leafs called the Devils and asked if they wanted to trade David Clarkson back to them for Ryan Clowe. So it would essentiality been the same type of trade they made for Nathan Horton. Here is a link to the video if you want to see it.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-the-deals-that-didn-t-happen-1.224250

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I did hear about that. Without watching the video, I'm pretty sure Lou wanted some salary retained on Clarkson which is a big reason the deal didn't take place

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I rather have Clowe on LTIR than Clarkson. His term is really terrible too would be terrible for him to take a roster spot for so long.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I rather have Clowe on LTIR than Clarkson. His term is really terrible too would be terrible for him to take a roster spot for so long.

Yes this is how I feel too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think this year is the most games in a single season JJ has played ever. Which tells you a lot.

Idk tonight he stood out but I've liked what I've seen recently and makes me think he can be salvaged....which would be a huge boost for us.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He also probably got more PP time in a single night than he has his entire career :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm taking avatar ideas if Zubrus scores one more goal this season. He'll probably get another point somehow, but a goal is looking less and less likely.

About two months ago I predicted that he'd get one more goal this season. Now I'm not so sure he will.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

It's actually hilarious if we turned that down. It would have been interesting...you thought you were out, eh David? Well too freaking bad :laugh:

Honestly I'd rather have the cap space than deal with the Clarkson nonsense. He seems like a good person off the ice and has talent but can also be selfish on the ice and a dumb hockey player.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Hey Devils fans not sure if anyone heard this news but on TSN tonight during their Insider Trading segment, Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger reported the Maple Leafs called the Devils and asked if they wanted to trade David Clarkson back to them for Ryan Clowe. So it would essentiality been the same type of trade they made for Nathan Horton. Here is a link to the video if you want to see it.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-the-deals-that-didn-t-happen-1.224250

We would have lost two first rounders for cap circumvention, and they would have been awarded to the leafs as compensation for leading them astray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad