Confirmed with Link: Devils Sign Santini to Three Year Deal

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Santini will wear #38

Reports to NJ Tomorrow. I expect him to play

Oh man, just read the actual article. Didn't know he'd be reporting here so soon.

I don't know if I'm expecting him to play but that'd be so sick if he and Zacha made their debuts tomorrow!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
sheriff-custom.jpg

The sheriff is in town people!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And then get sent to Albany for the Calder Cup.

That'd be awesome. Their lineup would be so full though, I don't know if they'd do that. It would be cool to see and I think Santini would make the team better in a vacuum but maybe it's too many faces.

Either way, it feels like we've been talking about Santini for way too long without him actually being here so the fact that he finally signed is relieving.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
1 year gets burned off this season, so we have him signed for 2 years beyond this season. I guess he will be playing in Albany?

Edit: Nevermind I don't know what I'm talking about. Thought it would get burned off b/c he is a college player signing.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Long term I see him bringing some stability to our lineup to let other guys get more creative offensively.

Also one of the pieces that is going to make this team really tough to play against physically. Forwards are going to be wary coming across the blue line because the Sheriff will be patrolling looking to run people over.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Long term I see him bringing some stability to our lineup to let other guys get more creative offensively.

Also one of the pieces that is going to make this team really tough to play against physically. Forwards are going to be wary coming across the blue line because the Sheriff will be patrolling looking to run people over.

Yup. Without actually watching both of them play enough times to draw concrete parallels I'd say Santini is a much better Helgeson. We need someone else to take those tough minutes away from Greene and Lars.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yup. Without actually watching both of them play enough times to draw concrete parallels I'd say Santini is a much better Helgeson. We need someone else to take those tough minutes away from Greene and Lars.

Just good to get some nasty and some size on this team. Add two mack trucks in Zacha and Wood up front and teams will remember they played us.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Oh man, just read the actual article. Didn't know he'd be reporting here so soon.

I don't know if I'm expecting him to play but that'd be so sick if he and Zacha made their debuts tomorrow!

Makes what would be a throw away game, must watch TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad