GDT: Devils @ Penguins - LE RETOUR DE DAS EUPHORIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I understand going with 7 D after last game when Auvitu was kid of shaky, plus Merrill hasn't played a lot in the last 7-8 months so I'm sure they want him to play. It just sucked that it went to a shootout where we could have used Josefson.

Oh well. We got a point against a pretty damn good team on the road, so I can't really complain too much.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Let's hope Laine scores tomorrow against Nashville. If not he'll be riding a 6 game goalless streak going into Tuesday.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
not with laine and scheifele. they're hot sofar.
Meh.

Matthews and Marner are pretty damn good too. Although Matthews was on like a month long goal drought or something. It was almost a month.
Let's hope Laine scores tomorrow against Nashville. If not he'll be riding a 6 game goalless streak going into Tuesday.
I'm sure Steven will remind us of that, quite a few times on Tuesday.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Jets have talent but there's no cohesion to their game. Lots of passengers and Brian Little's injury has really hurt them. Maurice is probably going to be fired soon but eventually the finger needs to be pointed at Kevin "nice smile" Cheveldayoff.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah, I can't complain. I took a deep breath after the game and remembered there is still a lot of work to be done. Hall's return suddenly makes the top 6 quite good if Cammy keeps going strong.

Crossing my fingers for Henrique and Palmieri to wake up soon.

I know Hall does more then score goals, but goals really haven't been our problem lately.

They need to at the very least cut out the charmin soft play in the crease.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Zajac is a non-issue. He does his job, plays a tremendous two way game and will likely end with 40-50 points. That's all that needs to be said. He's not that skilled, we all know this. He chips in when he can. Henrique and Palmieri are the ones who should be blasted. We've gotten nothing but crap from them all year.

Ya complaining about Zajac is one of the more mind boggling things right now. He is doing what we need him to do.

Rico and Palms are definitely public enemy number 1 and 2. I am really really disappointed in Rico because I see him as a leader on this team.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
What the hell is going on here? Is it a full moon? Did tryptophan from the turkey make brains chemically imbalanced? People are losing their ****ing minds.

They skated well with their best O guy out against the best offensive players in the league and Kinky played a fantastic game. Frustrating, yes, but they're scoring.

They HAVE to stay out of the box!!!!

Can we have a poster challenge? We will go through the next game without some type of trade talk or pseudo tank talk?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What the hell is going on here? Is it a full moon? People are losing their ****ing minds.

They skated well with their best O guy out against the best offensive players in the league and Kinky played a fantastic game. Frustrating, yes, but they're scoring.

They HAVE to stay out of the box!!!!

Can we have a poster challenge? We will go through the next game without some type of trade talk or pseudo tank talk?

Forced doge avatars

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jets have talent but there's no cohesion to their game. Lots of passengers and Brian Little's injury has really hurt them. Maurice is probably going to be fired soon but eventually the finger needs to be pointed at Kevin "nice smile" Cheveldayoff.

I'm not sure if you're from close to Winnipeg or not, Manitoba seems like it's very big. But their fans on the main board talk about how great he is. Because they suck almost every year and is loading them up with prospects. Looks like he's another tanker.

Not sure why guys like him and the young guy from Arizona get such unwarranted praise. Whoever signed Tippett (who can't coach defense anymore) to 5 years and $4 million is a real piece of work.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
This team has lost 5 of the last 6 games, and has looked really bad doing it. Not much going right for the Devils right now.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Boy it's almost like this was a team missing their two best players playing a 4 in 6 where they traveled twice, including once from the West Coast. Always good to play the defending Cup champions on the road after playing an OT game the previous night.

This is a schedule loss that NJ turned into a point via some miracle (I missed most of the game and thus the miracle). Hynes's postgame comments seemed to recognize this.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This team has lost 5 of the last 6 games, and has looked really bad doing it. Not much going right for the Devils right now.

At least we've gotten a point out of these last two losses. Last year we probably would have lost both in regulation.

We're a bubble team missing our best offensive player and with 1/3 of our goal scoring from last year struggling. Also, as I mentioned in the other thread, those same two players are on pace for a combined 4 PP goals, compared to the 18 they scored last year.

Although scoring goals really hasn't been the problem lately. It's been keeping pucks out of the net (and the defensive zone in general). Greene hasn't been his usual dependable self this season, and everybody else has had issues at one point or another as well. I don't know how much of it is just the quality of personnel, or maybe a function of the defense being more active, or maybe still just players getting used to each other and the system (between the injuries and line juggling it's kind of been a mess at times).

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't the Devils always lose to Winnipeg?

We beat them last time we played there.

If we can play better than the last few games and keep scoring goals, we should beat those sacks of ****.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004

We've gotten 4 out the last 6 possible points. We just got a point on the road against best team in the league with our backup goalie. We our missing our superstar, Cammalleri has found his game, the defense continues to contribute offensively, the 3rs and 4th lines continue to contribute, were scoring goals and were in the playoffs while Henrique and Palmieri still haven't found their games. All things considered I think a lot is going well for a team that was picked to be amongst the worst. Being the mayor of negative town must get old.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Boy it's almost like this was a team missing their two best players playing a 4 in 6 where they traveled twice, including once from the West Coast. Always good to play the defending Cup champions on the road after playing an OT game the previous night.

This is a schedule loss that NJ turned into a point via some miracle (I missed most of the game and thus the miracle). Hynes's postgame comments seemed to recognize this.

There's no perspective and rational allowed here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We've gotten 4 out the last 6 possible points. We just got a point on the road against best team in the league with our backup goalie. We our missing our superstar, Cammalleri has found his game, the defense continues to contribute offensively, the 3rs and 4th lines continue to contribute, were scoring goals and were in the playoffs while Henrique and Palmieri still haven't found their games. All things considered I think a lot is going well for a team that was picked to be amongst the worst. Being the mayor of negative town must get old.

Your point is fine, but Pitt isn't the best team in the league.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Way to leave the best player in the world wide open with 14 seconds left...
Didn't watch the game, only the goals. OT loss in Pitts isn't a bad thing, but it always sucks to give up a goal with less than 20 seconds to play.

Allowing almost 50 shots is scary, though.

Really nice that Zacha had an assist... Cammalleri :clap:

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Your point is fine, but Pitt isn't the best team in the league.

In my opinion they are they'd have the best record in the league if Crosby didn't get injured. They're the team no one will want to play in the playoffs, they know how to win. Washington is close second, we still don't kno what the Rangers are and Montreal will come back down to earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad