GDT: Devils @ Penguins - LE RETOUR DE DAS EUPHORIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
Winnipeg stinks.

Only Pete thinks it's ''A tough place to play''.

Every building is a tough building if you ask him.

He'd say one of those 1500 capacity rinks where they hold the Kraft Hockeyville preseason games is a tough building.

Winnipeg is a piece of **** suck team, ran by a doofus that gets the biggest free pass to reign over a loser team, since Garth Snow survived so many years of ineptitude in the late 00's/early 10's. They also have the most insufferable fanbase, that makes you wish their team got relocated to Venezuela.

Ok then. Well should finally be an easy win for the Devils if you feel that confident about it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A handful of teams. Carolina, Buffalo, Yotes are the 3 I don't think you can argue against.

Then there are a bunch that come down to a matter of opinion. Okay, not a bunch since they haven't played a ton of games yet. That bunch is pretty much the Leafs and Wings.
Carolina isn't that bad of a team. They're not a good team either, but they look much worse due to years of terrible goaltending by Cam Ward and whatever other bum they sign off the street.

I don't think Winnipeg is as bad as them, despite having some goaltending problems of their own over the last few years.

Detroit is bad, but doesn't have a multi year resume of being horrendous like Buffalo, Toronto and Arizona. Arizona is a dumpster fire and probably the worst team in the league not named the Canucks.

I forgot we even played them.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Lol so I'm not a hockey fan because I made you look up their financial situation?

Okie dokie. Thanks by the way.

Now, who is going to be available next year that they can try to push for? Is that something else you can look up for the board? You seem to be more aware of certain things. :)

You should really check out the main board. It's very much your speed.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ok then. Well should finally be an easy win for the Devils if you feel that confident about it.

I'll tell you what, if we lose to that team in regulation, I might start to step towards your way of thinking.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
cangialosi.jpg

I don't know why

But this random blown up picture of Steve just made me laugh.:laugh:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I threw my remote when Crosby tied it. Kinky played lights out and Greene decided to not worry about 87. Very disappointing.

Andy has definitely taken a step back this season. I hope Shero is actively looking at a guy like Fowler. The cost wouldn't be pretty but our left side is UGLY if Greene continues to regress.

I am almost at the point of wanting Henrique off the team. Maybe I'm overreacting but it's embarrassing to see a guy with an A on his chest going through the motions. Palmieri has been bad too BUT it's still early into his new contract. I bet he's gripping his stick a bit too tight.

In regards to the team, maybe Hynes needs to dial the offensive zone pressure back a bit. They are beginning to struggle with speed and teams are exploiting the lack of foot speed from our D. The coverage in the D zone has also taken a huge step back since the LA game.

With all of that said, the team is still in a good spot. Cammy has been a beast lately and Zajac continues to play some of the best hockey of his career. Hopefully we can stay afloat and remain in a playoff spot until then.

This team does the things it usually doesn't - like score more than 1 goal in losing efforts and score answer back goals and teeter back from on the ropes early... then goes on to do things it's never really done with regularity like abandon the top threats 3 feet from the crease and ignore basic defensive assignments.

It's crazy.

At least Fiddler is still fun to watch on the PK. I thought he was a beast in the first 10 games for us and he continues to impress.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I'd rather keep him for now.

Wedgewood is not a very good goaltender, last year be damned.

Kinkaid has pretty much matched Wedgewood's hot streak with his start this year. The biggest difference was Wedgewood had a shutout and another game where he could have had a shutout if we scored in regulation.
I think wedge is out for a while now with a shoulder injury

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think wedge is out for a while now with a shoulder injury

I know he is.

But I just don't think he's very good.

And he really didn't help his cause with his pre season play, he allowed two bad goals at MSG. Kinkaid has been good ever since the start of preseason. He's literally allowed 1 goal that was semi stoppable this year. The Tierney shorthanded goal against San Jose, which was the first of the game against the Sharks.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Off topic, but if either one of Boucher or Josefson were to be sent down, they both would be exposed to waivers correct?

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I think Palmeri stepped up big in Cam's absence...which is a crap excuse when you get a nice contract like he did. I doubt he scores more than 20 this year.

He's always been streaky and he'll have 25 by seasons end, at least. Henrique is exactly the same idk why everyone just forgot this all of a sudden. Palmieri also has 2 points in his last 2 games and having to kill ten minutes of Pens power play time effected his ice time tonight. He always plays hard, forchecks hard, finishes his checks and never makes it easy on the opposition, so even when he isn't generating offense he's an effective player unlike Boucher. When he scores 7 goals over a ten game period sometime soon everyone will remember why he got that contract.

Last edited:

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
This team is doing fine for year 2.

Yeah, I can't complain. I took a deep breath after the game and remembered there is still a lot of work to be done. Hall's return suddenly makes the top 6 quite good if Cammy keeps going strong.

Crossing my fingers for Henrique and Palmieri to wake up soon.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I threw my remote when Crosby tied it. Kinky played lights out and Greene decided to not worry about 87. Very disappointing.

Andy has definitely taken a step back this season. I hope Shero is actively looking at a guy like Fowler. The cost wouldn't be pretty but our left side is UGLY if Greene continues to regress.

I am almost at the point of wanting Henrique off the team. Maybe I'm overreacting but it's embarrassing to see a guy with an A on his chest going through the motions. Palmieri has been bad too BUT it's still early into his new contract. I bet he's gripping his stick a bit too tight.

In regards to the team, maybe Hynes needs to dial the offensive zone pressure back a bit. They are beginning to struggle with speed and teams are exploiting the lack of foot speed from our D. The coverage in the D zone has also taken a huge step back since the LA game.

With all of that said, the team is still in a good spot. Cammy has been a beast lately and Zajac continues to play some of the best hockey of his career. Hopefully we can stay afloat and remain in a playoff spot until Hall comes back.

Instead of trading for Fowler let's be patient and wait for free agency. Go after Shattenkirk and if that doesn't work try to sign Alzner. Fowler will be expensive and I don't think he'll resign long term the rumor is he wants to play for Detroit. I also think he average at best defensively and is finally producing the way he was expected to for the first time this season, lets see him keep it up. They're gonna want Zacha for him and I'm not willing to do that.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not that anyone is claiming Josefson.:laugh:

Don't be too sure, someone might want him just for the shootout points.

I didn't really get the whole being cute with an 11-7 lineup tonight and it cost them in the shootout. Even if Josefson was dinged up why not just play Boucher, what's the point of seven d-men? At least when Pete did it you could blame it on Gelinas.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004

I didn't really get the whole being cute with an 11-7 lineup tonight and it cost them in the shootout. Even if Josefson was dinged up why not just play Boucher, what's the point of seven d-men? At least when Pete did it you could blame it on Gelinas.

I think he gets claimed. I'm still annoyed Josefson didn't play tonight. I'm never a fan of dressing 7 defensman especially when your best player is out cause you can't double shift him. I'm done with Boucher. We should of called of Blandisi when Hall went down and still should.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Winnipeg stinks.

Only Pete thinks it's ''A tough place to play''.

Every building is a tough building if you ask him.

He'd say one of those 1500 capacity rinks where they hold the Kraft Hockeyville preseason games is a tough building.

Lol I forget the exact game but he used "a tough place to play" on like a Tuesday night vs Carolina or something one time.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
Jesus Christ I'm looking at it again and Andy Green is having his stick held the entire time by Binino while he's relaxing on the ice wtf come on

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Even when Hynes dressed 7D last year it was to keep Gelinas in the lineup mostly. We also had a worthless bottom 6 with all those awful names that aren't worth going over again.

It's ironic how we used 7D tonight and must have allowed the most shots against in any game in the last however many years. It was probably a playoff game that went multiple overtimes. I'm not sure I remember 49 shots against. Quite a few 45's but this is a rare one. A very rare one this was.

I don't want 7D after this, even if maybe it was a bad measuring stick to call it on, with playing one of the best teams in the league.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol I forget the exact game but he used "a tough place to play" on like a Tuesday night vs Carolina or something one time.

Yes I remember that one.

It became robotic a one point. I was waiting for the night where he said tough building while we were at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad