GDT: Devils @ Penguins - LE RETOUR DE DAS EUPHORIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
We're scoring goals right now, which is noteworthy (esp with Hall on the shelf). All we have to do is tighten up the D, which shouldn't be the most foreign concept to us.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Jesus Christ I'm looking at it again and Andy Green is having his stick held the entire time by Binino while he's relaxing on the ice wtf come on

It's definitely true that Pitt gets every single call. The officiating is always massively biased in their favor every single game. No other team in the league comes close to getting the calls that Pitt gets. Their football team is the same way.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Hall-Zajac-Lappin
Cammy-Zacha-Bennett
PAP-Henrique-Palmieri
Kalinin-Fiddler-DSP
Blandisi

This could potentially be three decent scoring lines when healthy. And maybe slide Blandisi in there for Kalinin or DSP if he continues to produce in the AHL. He could end up being our big midseason acquisition. We all know the holes in his game, but the kid can play.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
After watching highlights and that last goal to tie it, that definitely isn't as much on Greene as everyone was making it sound like. Crosby made a heck of a play there. Not many guys can get that upstairs in tight like he was. If he doesn't perfectly place that, game over. Unfortunately that's why he is the best in the world. That being said, I also do think Greene kinda lost that puck in his feet of when it squirted out.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Boy it's almost like this was a team missing their two best players playing a 4 in 6 where they traveled twice, including once from the West Coast. Always good to play the defending Cup champions on the road after playing an OT game the previous night.

This is a schedule loss that NJ turned into a point via some miracle (I missed most of the game and thus the miracle). Hynes's postgame comments seemed to recognize this.

yea, this is where I stand. People are getting too hung up on the ebs and flows of the season.

you'd think we were in the bottom 3 in the league right now. We are STILL in a playoff spot as of right now.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
yea, this is where I stand. People are getting to hung up on the ebs and flows of the season.

you'd think we were in the bottom 3 in the league right now. We are STILL in a playoff spot as of right now.

Exactly. While frustrating, this team isn't anywhere close to underperforming. Especially with missing their best offensive forward, and having missed their 2nd best offensive forward at the same time for the worst road trip of the season.

Don't forget as well that we've had a brutal schedule with it only getting worse with 9 of the next 11 on the road. If we can keep our heads above water and keep this pace up, we've got a friendly month or two with lots of home games coming up.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Looking at games played and points so far, it looks like 98-100 points may be needed to secure a wild card spot this year. A couple of seasons back getting 100 points put you in a comfortable spot, now it's practically bubble territory.

that pace will slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad