GDT: Devils @ Ottawa Tonight, 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Johansen

Dec 30, 2015
It looked ok. A bit too predictable. I would still put Hoffman back with the number one group instead of Smith on top of the umbrella.

I'll never understand why Hoffman was taken off the first unit for Smith. The umbrella of Hoffman-Karlsson-Ryan was working so well and the PP was one of the best in the league for that time.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'll never understand why Hoffman was taken off the first unit for Smith. The umbrella of Hoffman-Karlsson-Ryan was working so well and the PP was one of the best in the league for that time.

We needed someone to throw some hits to pad that stat.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006

Maybe they want to see if Hoffman can drive his own offense before giving him a long term big money contract, or he was there to drive the 2nd PP with Ceci injured.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hoffman likes to play the point on the PP. When hoffman is on the second unit it has a completely different look then the first.

Only explanation i can think. Plus with MacArthur and Michalek out the second unit would be meh

Kyle Johansen

Dec 30, 2015
Maybe they want to see if Hoffman can drive his own offense before giving him a long term big money contract, or he was there to drive the 2nd PP with Ceci injured.

He's been off PP1 long before Ceci was injured. Hoffman at the point with Karlsson was amazing because it gave the PP two legitimate threats (three with Ryan coming off the half-wall on the right. The PP hasn't really been the same since Smith replaced him on it and it's really no coincidence why.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Normally I would call that a rash statement, but right now it is hard to think of an NHL team we could beat. We might be heading for an ugly swoon that would put us squarely in the hunt for a top 5 pick....

Sounds right about the same time as last year. Just a few weeks more.

:laugh:

I don't know what to say about this team, they just don't seem to have enough emotion consistently enough.

Really missing MacA, 9MM, and Ceci

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
We need different looks on our powerplay. The current setup has to be executed perfectly, then it needs a perfect shot. Right now, the shot is being blocked and the goalie is taking care of whatever flows to him.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Normally I would call that a rash statement, but right now it is hard to think of an NHL team we could beat. We might be heading for an ugly swoon that would put us squarely in the hunt for a top 5 pick....

Watch out, these kinds of posts draw Bonk out and he's gonna go full italics on your ass.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Don't over react too much people, LMAO

Schneider was invincible last night, Hammond was a bit weak on the 2 goals. You have to find ways to score and they didn't, move on to next game

Imagine if NHL players would have the same "spine" as some fans. It would be a disaster lol

Anyway

http://war-on-ice.com/game2.html?seasongcode=2015201620553

Scoring Chances : 29-17 for the Sens
High Danger Scoring Chances : 9-5 for the Sens

Also look at the game cast, Devils got lucky to win that game :

http://espn.go.com/nhl/gamecast?gameId=400815417

lol 3 shots from in close

---------------------------

Even the 7-3 Loss against the Bruins, Sens dominated the scoring chances 43-30 and 17-11 for the high danger chances

http://war-on-ice.com/game4.html?seasongcode=2015201620541

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
PP

Karlsson Hoffman Stone Ryan Turris

Karlsson Wiercioch Zibanejad Pageau Prince

hoffman is only in our top 5 for production on the pp, so he definitely doesnt deserve playing with the first unit.... ******* cameron

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Watch out, these kinds of posts draw Bonk out and he's gonna go full italics on your ass.

Moz1xWp.gif

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Well, Chris Wideman isn't really an NHL player. Oh well, we had to find out. Now that we know, can we acquire someone who is?

That is a very very premature statement. He's played in how many NHL games? Maybe 30? You gotta give him 80-100 before making that statement, his time has mostly been a positive in his role. This is one of the first games he's been asked to play a top 4 role in his short career.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We probably should try everybody at the point for 5 games each see wath is the best option while we wait for injured players to come back
And lose at a .666 rate

Then not come back to hoff karlsson ryan umbrella and miss the playoffs:shakehead

We need wins

Badly

Not experiment

WhiteLight*

That is a very very premature statement. He's played in how many NHL games? Maybe 30? You gotta give him 80-100 before making that statement, his time has mostly been a positive in his role. This is one of the first games he's been asked to play a top 4 role in his short career.

But he didn't produce even on the bottom pair.....

Maybe you're right. Maybe he'll develop more with time. But to me he's just a good plug for a 6-7 role. And ideally, the 6-7 plug could kill penalties... I think Boro is more suited for that role.

He just doesn't create offensive opportunities. And he needs to do that because of his size. And he needs to do that on this team because this team is sorely lacking offence from the backend.

I tend to be less patient because he's an older prospect and has been a pro for many years. My patience level is like my patience level for Cowen and Wiercioch. They're young but not that young. How much more will they really improve if at all?

If we could upgrade Wideman into a top 4 RD, I'd do it in a second

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah I was expecting a little more from Wideman as well. As much as usually a good defenseman is an invisible one, in the case of a PMD, I like them to take charge a little bit more. Wideman's been too shy. But maybe it'll come with time.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Are we talking about the same wideman? What else do you guys want from a bottom pairing defenseman.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

you have to think someone is going to have a bad game and we will be there with bells on to pounce on the opportunity in spite of everything :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad