GDT: Devils @ Ottawa Tonight, 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Going to be an interesting one. I can't see how the Sens have anything left in the tank after being slaughtered in Boston.

Definitely a gut-check game. Let's see how much heart this team has.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Someone tell me why Alex Chiasson is still playing in this league?

Chaisson is similar to Cowen in that he "looks good getting off the bus" as my dad likes to say. He looks like what an NHL player should look like and ticks all the right boxes - tall, athletic looking, good skater, etc. He also showed some flashes in Dallas that would lead one to believe that there may be something there. Unfortunately, he has all the hockey sense of a speed bump and no mean streak whatsoever. Like Cowen, the team is petrified that he will turn into a player if shipped elsewhere, but I think that fear is misplaced.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Or even worse, the powerplay.

Did anyone else see that drop pass to a bruins player last night? We finally got possession in their end and he just gives it to the other team. What a bonehead.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Can't wait to see Claesson play his first NHL game... assuming he actually plays, of course.

I don't think he will ever be more than a #5 at the NHL level, but he's good enough to play himself onto the team over the likes of Cowen or Boro, at the very least.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Who would you play in his place?

Easily Puempel, Schneider, Odell, Lindberg.

He has 5 points! Not exactly a high standard to beat. On pace for 11 points.

You make it sound like we have no forwards at the AHL level.

So much this.

I also heard that 2 hears ago. "Who do you want to call up and replace Greening?"

How about stone, Hoffman, pageau?

Now we have our next waive of those types of guys in dzingel,puempel,Lindberg, etc but chiasson is being our Greening preventing them from getting a taste.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Can't wait to see Claesson play his first NHL game... assuming he actually plays, of course.

I don't think he will ever be more than a #5 at the NHL level, but he's good enough to play himself onto the team over the likes of Cowen or Boro, at the very least.

Did I miss a call up? Is claesson playing? If so, I can't wait. He plays the game super aggressively and doesn't give the opposition any time before he's on them with the body.

I see him as aggressive as borowiecki, way less mean, but way more talented.

He'll be hard on the puck like boro, but obviously won't destroy people with hits or fight anyone...but once he has the puck, has a lot more skill than boro and can make nice passes up ice.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006

Because he was the main trading piece involved in us giving up our #1 centre, and our GM has too much of an ego to admit he's barely 4th line NHL calibre and wont allow him to be benched/given reduced ice time. (Kind of similiar to half of the defense he's drafted..)

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
It's a new season! I wonder if the NJ Devils are any less boring!

CXUpfUgVAAENU5p.jpg:large

Nope guess not. Still the most boring team in the league.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
So much this.

I also heard that 2 hears ago. "Who do you want to call up and replace Greening?"

How about stone, Hoffman, pageau?

Now we have our next waive of those types of guys in dzingel,puempel,Lindberg, etc but chiasson is being our Greening preventing them from getting a taste.

Forgot about Dzingel.

Such a shame he only gets 1 game audition while ****** grinders like Macormick and Derpdiznski get multiple auditions and call ups.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Forgot about Dzingel.

Such a shame he only gets 1 game audition while ****** grinders like Macormick and Derpdiznski get multiple auditions and call ups.

Agreed. It's as if they think they're losing games due to lack of grit when its obviously due to lack of talent.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Agreed. It's as if they think they're losing games due to lack of grit when its obviously due to lack of talent.

Its a shame because we have a great top 6 and a great 1st pairing and a great #1 goalie. Its the depth thats killing us. The bottom 6 has been garbage and barely produces, and the bottom 4 D pairings have been a tire fire.

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
This!!! Great analysis.

Did I miss a call up? Is claesson playing? If so, I can't wait. He plays the game super aggressively and doesn't give the opposition any time before he's on them with the body.

I see him as aggressive as borowiecki, way less mean, but way more talented.

He'll be hard on the puck like boro, but obviously won't destroy people with hits or fight anyone...but once he has the puck, has a lot more skill than boro and can make nice passes up ice.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Sens at 5-on-5 with/without Karlsson.
Corsi (+10/-280)
Fenwick (-13/-216)
Shots (-20/-156)
Scoring chances (-3/-132)
High danger chances (-9/-47)

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I remember Melnyk's legendary comment a couple years back, something along these lines: "We aren't boring. We're not New Jersey"

Melnyk the legend :laugh:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I remember Melnyk's legendary comment a couple years back, something along these lines: "We aren't boring. We're not New Jersey"

Melnyk the legend :laugh:

The pros and cons of a billionaire eccentric owner.

I wonder if Greening would be playing better than Chiasson if he were in his place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad