GDT: Devils @ Leafs - 7pm - SN - The Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The Auston Matthews/70 watch continues.

In a perfect world he'd get 4 tonight and we could all rest easy knowing he won't be playing in Florida. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world so 2 would be nice. And please no injuries.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
The Auston Matthews/70 watch continues.

In a perfect world he'd get 4 tonight and we could all rest easy knowing he won't be playing in Florida. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world so 2 would be nice. And please no injuries.
My thoughts exactly .. rest up Matty and Rielly so they don't play in Florida .. i think I would do it even if Matty at 69 but he may choose to play to get 70 .. it is a tough one .. i don't care about 70 so i would encourage him to shut it down as if he lose him then we are finished in playoffs

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
My thoughts exactly .. rest up Matty and Rielly so they don't play in Florida .. i think I would do it even if Matty at 69 but he may choose to play to get 70 .. it is a tough one .. i don't care about 70 so i would encourage him to shut it down as if he lose him then we are finished in playoffs
The team shouldn't let him make the decision. Risking injury is not worth hitting an arbitrary round number of goals just because it sounds good.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
IMG_8096.jpeg

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Home Ice is overrated. Doesn't mean much. Especially in hockey

I'd rather Prioritize health

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Time to start sitting out players and protect/rest them. 9 more days before the playoffs.

I hope they give Bertuzzi, McCabe, Domi, Nylander and Rielly much needed games off soon. I'd put Matthews and Marner there but Matthews being close to 70 might be rough to sit out, and Marner already missed 12 games so he needs to shake off the rust.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Time to start sitting out players and protect them. 9 more days before the playoffs.

I hope they give Bertuzzi, McCabe, Domi, Nylander and Rielly much needed games off soon. I'd put Matthews and Marner there but Matthews being close to 70 might be rough to sit out, and Marner already missed 12 games so he needs to shake off the rust.
Agree with you wholeheartedly. Marner will most likely p;ay just because he missed so many games to shake off the rust

My guess they play Willy too because they want him to get to 100, along with Mathews. Not a huge fan of this tactic but I'm sure it means a lot to the players themselves so cant argue it

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Agree with you wholeheartedly. Marner will most likely p;ay just because he missed so many games to shake off the rust

My guess they play Willy too because they want him to get to 100, along with Mathews. Not a huge fan of this tactic but I'm sure it means a lot to the players themselves so cant argue it

Yeah that's fair. I don't think there are any reasons why McCabe, Rielly, Domi and Bertuzzi should be playing as much down this stretch though.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
The team shouldn't let him make the decision. Risking injury is not worth hitting an arbitrary round number of goals just because it sounds good.
You should absolutely have your franchise center have a say in whether he plays or not this is his team. Yeah injuries are a concern but they are just as likely to happen 2 minutes into game 1 than in the tune up games.

I'm of the belief you keep your goalie sharp and your lines clicking and have chemistry going forward. Sitting the final game is fine but it seems we are worried about something that is not that likely to happen given the upgrades to team toughness.

Will be interesting to see what Keefe decides to do. He sat Marner last year and Marner kind of pouted about it in his media presser and tried to say the right things.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
What's more important resting your key guys OR home ice???????????? I'm curious what da facts say????????????????? To me Sammy, Rielly and Matty will decide da fate of this team this playoffs .. those 3 guys MUST be ready to fight for 4 rounds
Tavares is the guy that needs the rest the most. You can dial Matty and Rielly's ice time down. Anybody missing the Florida games will not have played in a week going into game #1. Rust vs rest.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008

IT's not a big deal in the interviews with the player (in my opinion of his interviews) but, it seems to be a thing with his team mates. So yes play him. It's good for team moral.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Does Rielly need rest or to get back in shape?

He hasn't looked great, but is it rust or health?

Missed 4 games, so maybe it is injury. Skating looks off.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad