Votes: 32 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Hmm, interesting take. I think they just have to stop listening to him as the end all be all opinion, yeah he knows a ton about goalies but he was one of the most unique players in history + game's passed him by. The game is completely different than when Marty played even when he played his last game in 2015. It's the equivalent of taking what Mark Messier said to a tee if you were looking for a playoff forward.

I'd softly put him on the trade block but I think everyone who isn't an untouchable + Timo can be traded in my mind for the most part if the right offer comes along.
I would probably put Siegenthaler softy on the trade block before Marino. I think Marino can bounce back.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
First two episodes of Shogun were awesome, definitely recommend it. Already lots of drama and intrigue, very well acted as well.

Cool glad to hear it, saw a few commericals for it and looked pretty good just haven't gotten around to giving it a shot.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Can Lindy and Green. Put Sarge behind the bench as interim to run out the clock on this season. Basic Xs and Os stuff.

You do something stupid like let a player change behind you and not cover, you sit.

You pinch on D and then don't bust ass back to cover the trailing attacker, you sit.

You force a PP pass directly into the top PKer for a breakaway goal, you sit.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
When Marty joined he specifically did not want to have any input into the on-ice stuff.

He’s been promoted since so I assume he is in the group making decisions that affect on-ice stuff but I bet he’s much more hands off than most think.
Then there's no reason not to bin off Rogalski with the rest of the staff, if not before the rest of the staff.

I do think Marty's a bit more hands on then you think, they even admitted he was part of the discussion when they changed goalies in the playoffs last year.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Then there's no reason not to bin off Rogalski with the rest of the staff, if not before the rest of the staff.

I do think Marty's a bit more hands on than you think, they even admitted he was part of the discussion when they changed goalies in the playoffs last year.
I’m guessing with the promotion he got dragged into the executive round table where they ask everyone weigh in. Then they naturally look to him when talking goalie stuff.

I think if Marty wanted a real hands on role with on-ice goaltending he would have the cache to get a heavy say. We only hear about his input as part of group collaboration with Fitz leading the group; so I think he doesn’t want to put his hand directly on the levers.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
When you have one of the best ever to play the position in the front office it would be dumb not to at least ask his opinion on goaltending matters. I don't think that necessarily means Marty is actively involved in the more day-to-day things when it comes to it though.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I’m not sure if it was talked about here but apparently when we pulled the goalie, a 6th skater never came on the ice.

So we played 5 on 5 with an Empty Net. Sure seems like a good coach would recognize.

• Haha
Reactions: glenwo2

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
So a very quick 5min overview of what an absolute joke this team is right now using the brief highlights from today's game. I could do a more in depth review of why I've always hated Ruff and his one trick pony "system", but frankly, it isn't worth the time. Warning: Horrific hockey below. Like stuff a good beer league team wouldn't do, no exaggeration.

1) Everyone's favorite powerplay - 14:41 of 1st period -
No, in the top of the screen, Jack isn't going for a change. He initially has the puck with no one around him, but also no option to shoot or pass, aside from point. He goes back to the point, who then cycles to Bratt. During this time Jack inexplicably coasts out to the blueline.
1709523285997.png

Bratt plays Nico, who isn't at all in a quick release position. What in the hell is this?? Nico has no options and loafs a shot at the goal (praying for Toffoli rebound) that is easily directed away by the goalie. Why are 3 players near the blue line???? This has happened all season mind you, with no changes. Apparently the staff and front office don't watch tape.
1709523493314.png

2) The absolute muffin Daws lets in for #2 - just note the horrificly condensed positioning of all 5 Devils for later. The Mite's on Ice have better spacing during intermissions.
1709523881205.png

3) 15 seconds left in 1st - Kings have puck pinned to side board - just like above, look how congested the Devs are. You lose that board battle (they do), and you are giving up a solid opportunity every time

1709524084298.png

4) Toffoli's Turnovers half off special - 3rd goal - A mind numbing decision made by Toffoli, but why have we seen countless (often unforced) turnovers at the blueline by this team? Well, if you are sensing a theme by now, it's all about positioning, the options you have, and what your opponent has to worry about as high risk. There is literally no one to pass to. Even worse, no one is even moving to an area they could possibly receive the puck!
1709524413971.png

I've loathed how this team plays structurally for parts of last year and all of this year. It isn't defensible. It isn't NHL caliber. And it isn't fixable with the current leadership.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Can Lindy and Green. Put Sarge behind the bench as interim to run out the clock on this season. Basic Xs and Os stuff.

You do something stupid like let a player change behind you and not cover, you sit.

You pinch on D and then don't bust ass back to cover the trailing attacker, you sit.

You force a PP pass directly into the top PKer for a breakaway goal, you sit.
Hello Coach Richer's Ghost, you are spot on, when can you start, phone it into Sarge or text when you can be there. I hope Fitz read this forum.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Daws sv% and gaa has dropped below Vitek's. That's a bit concerning but the team really has had many dreadful games infront of him. Tonight , the Rags game , the Caps game etc. I still think he will be a NHLer though for sure. He still needs time to develop. Playing behind a legit starter and getting a 25 game workload would more ideal. I don't think the kid is cooked out from all the starts. It's really just a combo of him adapting and the Devils defensive structure lacking big time

As far as Lindy goes , I'm shocked this team hasn't taken a too many men on the ice penalty in what seems forever. Jack having to call an extra player out on the ice is really some sad stuff. I feel like the Devils from 2014-2016 played better hockey than this group with a much worse roster.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Daws sv% and gaa has dropped below Vitek's. That's a bit concerning but the team really has had many dreadful games infront of him. Tonight , the Rags game , the Caps game etc. I still think he will be a NHLer though for sure. He still needs time to develop. Playing behind a legit starter and getting a 25 game workload would more ideal. I don't think the kid is cooked out from all the starts. It's really just a combo of him adapting and the Devils defensive structure lacking big time

As far as Lindy goes , I'm shocked this team hasn't taken a too many men on the ice penalty in what seems forever. Jack having to call an extra player out on the ice is really some sad stuff. I feel like the Devils from 2014-2016 played better hockey than this group with a much worse roster.

The only thing I’m made at Ruff about right now is his playing Daws into the ground, but I’m really mad about that lol.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad