Half-Assed GDT: Devils @ Blues 7pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Gotcha, I was thinking they both were, and the emergence of Husso and drafting Evan Fitzpatrick at the time is why Binnington had to go on loan to the Providence Bruins or go to the ECHL.
right ... thats it ...i remember the whole bruins link

Reactions: Fitrix

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the fkn devils beat us 7-4 ... wtf ?
CSSheuIM_400x400.jpeg

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
right ... thats it ...i remember the whole bruins link
For sure, which, to your point, shows the organization has chosen Husso over Binnington before. Situation is much MUCH more difficult financially now, but until Binnington proves better (because he’s just going to get the chance with the commitment), Husso has to be the guy. The dude has almost a .960 in the last 7 starts they said. It’s just no question until proven otherwise. I’m a huge fan of Binner and hate seeing him struggle like this, but he isn’t the same and it’s becoming consistent.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
For sure, which, to your point, shows the organization has chosen Husso over Binnignton before. Situation is much MUCH more difficult financially now, but until Binnington proves better (because he’s just going to get the chance with the commitment), Husso has to be the guy. The dude has almost a .960 in the last 7 starts they said. It’s just no question until proven otherwise. I’m a huge fan of Binner and hate seeing him struggle like this, but he isn’t the same and it’s becoming consistent.
agreed ... i love everything that dude did for this franchise ...but its not working anymore

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
it's never his fault though. It's always the team around him as if him making big stops wouldn't help boost morale or anything. The team as a whole is average on defense and sometimes can be good but notice it's never his fault. This city's fans always have a reason to blame the team and not the goalie regardless if former pro goalies (McKenna for one) points to the team's attitude depending on who is in net can be a factor but a bunch of guys on the internet swear to god it's the team and that's that. Bunch of people around here clearly has never played sports at an organized level to understand things like this.

Shit team did the same shit to Husso last game. Go ahead and place blame on Binnington and ignore that the only reason we have won a game in the last 2 months is because of a goalie playing an unsustainable hot streak and as soon as Husso comes back down to earth this team is f***ing toast.

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
Shit team did the same shit to Husso last game. Go ahead and place blame on Binnington and ignore that the only reason we have won a game in the last 2 months is because of a goalie playing an unsustainable hot streak and as soon as Husso comes back down to earth this team is f***ing toast.
sounds like coping to me.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Tonight sucked, but I don’t think it’s wise to read too much into crappy game against crappy team after 2 weeks off.

On the bright side, Parayko and Miko had really good game. If they can maintain this level against better teams that will go long way.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Tonight sucked, but I don’t think it’s wise to read too much into crappy game against crappy team after 2 weeks off.

On the bright side, Parayko and Miko had really good game. If they can maintain this level against better teams that will go long way.

Parayko made some horrible decisions with the puck in the D zone and other times he’s taking too long to make a decision

Reactions: LogosBlue

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
What the hell was that crap? I came across the Atlantic to watch that sorry effort?

I can't even blame Binnington, the team just looked flat all night. The Devils were able to just walk right in and get prime scoring chances way too easily. Once we took the 3-2 lead I thought we were in good shape but I guess not.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I have to agree.
This team is mentally weak.
The team leadership is questionable.

They need a long winning streak to make me think otherwise.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I swear some people act like Pietro is some Savior who is a cup winning machine.

He was with this team 12 years, they only made it to the 3rd round twice, and the cup finals once.

One individual doesn't make a team, and we had more than enough games with him here that ended exactly like this one. Having Pietro here wouldn't fix anything, the Blues have been playing down to their opponents for years dating back to Backes and Brewer.

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I knew we were gonna lose this game from the start, so I’m really not even that mad.

It’s not because of Binner starting, but do you guys remember pre-COVID when the NHL legitimately had to change the post-ASG bye week a year into the agreement to have them? Teams coming off their break would get absolutely SMOKED by the others who had already played, or not had theirs yet.

Well, NJ had played multiple games since the ASG, so it was just simple logic to me.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
After the Blues won the cup, Army has completely changed the defense, going from big, steady, stay-at-home defensemen to smaller, faster, offensive-minded d-men. You can hand-wave away the effect of the changes in defensive personnel, but it would affect any goalie.

Binny was probably never a good as that Cup run and I think he’s been held to an unrealistically high standard because of that run. The Blues have sold out for more offense and he’s paying for it, perhaps disproportionately because he gets the majority of the starts.

I see a lot of high danger shots and he’s just not making the spectacular saves that we expect him to make
Minor point, but the current Blues D is NOT faster than that of the cup-winning D. Jaybo, even at his age could skate circles around any of our current defensemen. Dunn is faster than any one of our D, with the possible exception of Parayko. (And that is debatable) Pietrangelo is a fine skater and is comparable to most of our D outside of Parayko and maybe Mikkola. Even Edmundson was a good skater for his size.
Our current group might have the edge in terms of puck skills, and you may even be able to make a case for it being better in transition. But they are not faster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad