Half-Assed GDT: Devils @ Blues 7pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
This obsession with the backup to the backup is weird to me. I get that Binny is slumping, but i kinda wish they’d play your guy until he turns back into a pumpkin so you just shut up about it

he already is a pumpkin giving up 4 goals a game but what ever right?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Embarrassing, utterly humiliating. This is run where we should go 10-2 and instead were going to end up going 7 -5 of were lucky. Wildcard spit here we come.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This obsession with the backup to the backup is weird to me. I get that Binny is slumping, but i kinda wish they’d play your guy until he turns back into a pumpkin so you just shut up about it
so glad we let chucky sideburns rot his hot streak away so our elite number one goalie can give us elite ECHL goaltending!

"slumping" LMAO, hes been slumping for 2 years I guess.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
LMAO!

Congrats Gilles...we kept a dud...you moved on to greener grasses
Gillies is now 3-6-0 with the Devils, who are the worst team in the Metro, not exactly greener grasses

I predicted that the Blues will be regretting Binny's contract as soon as the ink was dry. Binny is no longer the same goalie since some certain players left. I put my blame squarely on the GM. Evaluating goalies isn't Armys strong suit.
I guess Husso's stellar play behind the same team as Binnington means nothing then?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
TRADE BINNER ARMY, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP BERUBE FROM USING HIM.

TRADE HIM FOR WHATEVER YOU CAN GET. EAT SOME SALARY IF YOU MUST. BUT THE POINTS ARE TOO PRECIOUS TO WASTE BECAUSE BERUBE IS AFRAID TO BE DISLOYAL TO HIM.

ITS MIKE MATHENY AND ALLEN CRAIG ALL OVER AGAIN.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
Berube said in the presser this morning that losing is his hardest part of coaching. This is a pretty big time to make a statement, on a loss like this, in the manner you lose it, to the team you lose it to. Obvious line adjustments coming, but you can’t let this happen again. This is the point we need to pick up steam and decisions have to be calculated by this time of year.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
so glad we let chucky sideburns rot his hot streak away so our elite number one goalie can give us elite ECHL goaltending!

when he got paid it all changed ... now he thinks he is elite

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Perron, ROR, & Tarasenko were all no shows. Somehow Thomas and Parayko like throwing the puck in front of our own net. Thomas just has to know when not to be fancy.

I have been giving Binnington the benefit of the doubt but he looks awful. He doesn’t look comfortable even when he makes saves. No clue what his deal is but hey.. it voodoo with goalies unless you have Roy.

The overall effort level is just unacceptable. Roll with Husso every game. For whatever reason the team plays harder for him right now and he’s playing better than Binnington.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues shouldn't be losing games to weak teams like this, especially at home, and after taking a lead into The 3rd Period, and after a long break. They came out flat. But, a hot Husso, and an energetic Blues team could have won them the 2 points, anyway. If I were Berube, I would play Husso 2 games out of 3 until we see an obvious improvement in Binnington's play. I'd still be working on picking up a difference-making #2 or 3 LD in trade if I were Armstrong. Maybe this poor showing after their long layoff will spur them on to play with more determination to win, and start them on a new winning streak.

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017

it's never his fault though. It's always the team around him as if him making big stops wouldn't help boost morale or anything. The team as a whole is average on defense and sometimes can be good but notice it's never his fault. This city's fans always have a reason to blame the team and not the goalie regardless if former pro goalies (McKenna for one) points to the team's attitude depending on who is in net can be a factor but a bunch of guys on the internet swear to god it's the team and that's that. Bunch of people around here clearly has never played sports at an organized level to understand things like this.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
it's never his fault though. It's always the team around him as if him making big stops wouldn't help boost morale or anything. The team as a whole is average on defense and sometimes can be good but notice it's never his fault. This city's fans always have a reason to blame the team and not the goalie regardless if former pro goalies (McKenna for one) points to the team's attitude depending on who is in net can be a factor but a bunch of guys on the internet swear to god it's the team and that's that. Bunch of people around here clearly has never played sports at an organized level to understand things like this.
yep people are blinded by the 3 years ago he was good blinders.

hes the worst "starting" goalie in the NHL this year. meanwhile, chucky sideburns was shitting our #1 stars every start with a half AHL lineup.

BINNER MUST GO! TRADE OR DEMOTE TO MINORS!

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
Perron, ROR, & Tarasenko were all no shows. Somehow Thomas and Parayko like throwing the puck in front of our own net. Thomas just has to know when not to be fancy.

I have been giving Binnington the benefit of the doubt but he looks awful. He doesn’t look comfortable even when he makes saves. No clue what his deal is but hey.. it voodoo with goalies unless you have Roy.

The overall effort level is just unacceptable. Roll with Husso every game. For whatever reason the team plays harder for him right now and he’s playing better than Binnington.
it's because Husso is better than Binnington and they can take more chances. With Binnington they try too hard and make too many fundamental mistakes trying to run up the score knowing that if they don't It's gonna be a lopsided score. They're a team and instead of playing like one, they're playing to protect Binner and in doing so they make too many mistakes. 50 needs to go.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
parayko said binner is keeping them in every game LMFAO

WRONG. the team is keeping BINNER in every game by scoring 4+ goals in his starts yet still losing because BINNER sucks so much ass

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
Assuming Binnington absolutely can’t find his game, we’re gonna have a real problem trying to re-sign Husso in the off season. No way you trade him before the deadline this year when you’re relying on him. But we can’t afford $9mil in goalies when we’re a “sum of their parts” team

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Assuming Binnington absolutely can’t find his game, we’re gonna have a real problem trying to re-sign Husso in the off season. No way you trade him before the deadline this year when you’re relying on him. But we can’t afford $9mil in goalies when we’re a “sum of their parts” team
how much would a buyout hurt this team?

a buyout or a team to take that contract must happen

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
trade his ass to the oil .. hell they need a goalie , throw somebody in if you have to
If you give up on Binner, that’s for sure the obvious solution, but they’ve seen him play too unfortunately, which means we’re paying to take him off our hands and then committing (hopefully shorter term) to Husso.

Binnington not panning out is a worst case scenario, and it’s just what’s unfortunately playing out the last, what, 1.5? 2? Months.

Edit: I say that to say, it’s understandable why hoping he finds himself is the solution Chief and Army are looking for

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Puck Luck

Jan 13, 2021
After the Blues won the cup, Army has completely changed the defense, going from big, steady, stay-at-home defensemen to smaller, faster, offensive-minded d-men. You can hand-wave away the effect of the changes in defensive personnel, but it would affect any goalie.

Binny was probably never a good as that Cup run and I think he’s been held to an unrealistically high standard because of that run. The Blues have sold out for more offense and he’s paying for it, perhaps disproportionately because he gets the majority of the starts.

I see a lot of high danger shots and he’s just not making the spectacular saves that we expect him to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad