GDT: Devils at Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I’ve never been a fan of Moore. That said, I have acknowledged the fact that he had a strong first half and seemed to have improved his game. But he’s back to playing the way I remember and couldn’t stand him for.

no the TEAM is back to its old ways. are you really gonna pin a 6-1 loss on one guy?

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
no the TEAM is back to its old ways. are you really gonna pin a 6-1 loss on one guy?

What are you talking about? You were the one who said it was all his fault. I commented on that not because I agreed or thought you were serious , but because he was downright atrocious in this game. The whole team sucked, yet he managed to still stand out amongst every one. That’s impressive in a really shitty way.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
so maybe its not his fault.

It's not entirely his fault, but he's not helping either. Which can be said for most of the team. Too often this board gets caught up in shitting all over one or two players when the entire team is at fault.

My main thing with Moore is that he's not going to get any better. He is what he is, a fast third pairing defenseman who can be useful in OT. It's not his fault he gets overused, but at the same time his complete lack of hockey IQ makes me want to throw things at the television. I'd rather just move on from him and see what Mueller can do. And also, if we're going to upgrade the left side he has to go.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
we have the D to get into the postseason. the coaches just arent using them correctly. moore is a big reason we can even talk about playoffs right now. moore plays for the rest of the season. not even a debate on that.

No, we don't

You have 3 guys on D who might be on an AHL roster on most teams

Moore, Lovejoy, and Mueller

And the one guy who is on an AHL roster that might be an improvement is never going to crack this lineup.

Greene has been terrible this year, no better than a #3 and both seves an vatanen have been inconsistent.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
It's not entirely his fault, but he's not helping either. Which can be said for most of the team. Too often this board gets caught up in ****ting all over one or two players when the entire team is at fault.

My main thing with Moore is that he's not going to get any better. He is what he is, a fast third pairing defenseman who can be useful in OT. It's not his fault he gets overused, but at the same time his complete lack of hockey IQ makes me want to throw things at the television. I'd rather just move on from him and see what Mueller can do. And also, if we're going to upgrade the left side he has to go.

you nailed it. hes being overused.... but hes done a great job by giving his all. we were supposed to be at the bottom of the barrel yet we are still at the top. if im a GM i resign him and make moves to insulate him going forward. he fits with this team and will fit like a glove when we get better pieces. giving up on him is a bad move.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
you nailed it. hes being overused.... but hes done a great job by giving his all. we were supposed to be at the bottom of the barrel yet we are still at the top. if im a GM i resign him and make moves to insulate him going forward. he fits with this team and will fit like a glove when we get better pieces. giving up on him is a bad move.

So which one of Greene, Mueller, or Butcher are you getting rid of for him? Do you not want to upgrade the left side, or are you switching Butcher to the right side? If so, where are you putting Santini? The fact is we already have plenty of third pairing options. Keeping Moore as another doesn't really make sense unless we're moving out somebody else to keep him.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
So which one of Greene, Mueller, or Butcher are you getting rid of for him? Do you not want to upgrade the left side, or are you switching Butcher to the right side? If so, where are you putting Santini? The fact is we already have plenty of third pairing options. Keeping Moore as another doesn't really make sense unless we're moving out somebody else to keep him.

getting rid of mueller while he has some value and is still a question mark. on the phone till the last second of the deadline.... then on the phone for the draft and FA. signing moore for 3 years.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Are you referring to Moore or Lovejoy, because Lovejoy played the least at even strength of any defenseman tonight. A third pairing defenseman doesn't have nearly the impact on wins/losses that some people seem to think they do. Moore, however, is the dumbest defenseman I've ever seen and chases the puck constantly. Plus he doesn't know how to get defensive positioning on anybody.

Lovejoy was directly responsible for the first goal against and wasn’t helpful on a few others.

A third pairing D absolutely does make a difference if he is that much of a net negative.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Plenty? They won 5 games in a row around Christmas time and they didn’t even look all that good in some of those games. But take that stretch out and what you have is the hot start and a sub.500 team through everything else. On top of that, winning at this time of the year is an entirely different ballgame than winning earlier in the season. Everything gets and will continue to get ratcheted up the rest of the way. What do you see that gives you confidence they can do this? Honest question.

I’m confident because this team has looked and gotten the results of a playoff team more often then not.

I don’t change my view of the team at the drop of a hat because they had a shitty week.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Lovejoy was directly responsible for the first goal against and wasn’t helpful on a few others.

A third pairing D absolutely does make a difference if he is that much of a net negative.

This. In the playoffs in recent years there have been so many examples of teams 3rd pairings being exposed. Nashville last year. San Jose the year before that. Washington. Toronto. Even playing these guys 8-10 minutes a night had a noticeable impact

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No, we don't

You have 3 guys on D who might be on an AHL roster on most teams

Moore, Lovejoy, and Mueller

And the one guy who is on an AHL roster that might be an improvement is never going to crack this lineup.

Greene has been terrible this year, no better than a #3 and both seves an vatanen have been inconsistent.

This is a hyperbolic statement come on.

Lovejoy and Moore suck, but this simply isn’t true. Mueller has no business sitting on our bench, and many teams would be glad to have him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
getting rid of mueller while he has some value and is still a question mark. on the phone till the last second of the deadline.... then on the phone for the draft and FA. signing moore for 3 years.

This would be beyond stupid. Potentially a fireable offense.

How can you not see how absolutely awful Moore has been this week? He has been badly blowing coverage and losing his man on almost every shift. He was on the ice for 3 goals against tonight.

That is awfufl

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This. In the playoffs in recent years there have been so many examples of teams 3rd pairings being exposed. Nashville last year. San Jose the year before that. Washington. Toronto. Even playing these guys 8-10 minutes a night had a noticeable impact

It isn’t the end of the world if your bottom pairing guys aren’t contribuing much as long as they don’t hurt you.

Ours is hurting us.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Lovejoy was on for 2 goals. The first one was created off an idiotic turnover by Noesen, and the 2nd was a well executed play by Columbus on the PP. Moore and Severson were on for 3 goals against by the way.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
This would be beyond stupid. Potentially a fireable offense.

How can you not see how absolutely awful Moore has been this week? He has been badly blowing coverage and losing his man on almost every shift. He was on the ice for 3 goals against tonight.

That is awfufl

well first off im not a GM.

so now moore is the scapegoat? but just the other night you were defending KK when he had a bad night.... follows it up by letting in 6 and you dont say a word. its funny how you pick and choose who to sandbag and who to defend.

im in favor of re-signing moore as a piece to build around. not as a guy to rely on. thats all im saying.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I’m confident because this team has looked and gotten the results of a playoff team more often then not.

I don’t change my view of the team at the drop of a hat because they had a ****ty week.

Think you gotta look back just a little bit further than a week. Their spotty play has been an issue for quite some time now. I mean good for you if you see something here. Nothing wrong with being positive. To me though, very hard to ignore all the red flags flying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad