Post-Game Talk: Devils 4 - Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
As for the arguments of needing to be consistent, the vast number of playoff series that go to seven games kind of suggests that the 'consistency' being asked for just isn't possible. 40% is a big number.

Honestly, I'd be inclined to point the finger first and foremost at special teams given A. we outscored at 5-on-5 and B. our special teams have been bad all year. A top team should not have bottom-quartile PK and PP over most of a season. I'd have to think (well, *hope* really) that the team will be working hard on that down the stretch.
Is it the system or the players? That is the question as they have basically taken the 'special' out of special teams

Reactions: AlphaLackey

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
What? Who?

Garret posted an image from HockeyViz (Micah Blake McCurdy). It shows shot locations and frequency compared to the league average. Shot location data is provided by the NHL.

Aavco appears to have made his own Jennings Watch chart - and according to the NHL Standings page, Florida has 168 goals against vs. the Jets 164 (the NHL Team Stats page reports 167-163 though, so there's an extra or missing goal somewhere...anyway, send those complaints to [email protected] ;)).

View attachment 839945
Weird I looked at the stat today and it said 167 GA for Florida... my apologizes he still should have Jets on top of the graph.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed. I’ve never been one of those who believed we need first. Just get there healthy and rested. We have to get through the same 3 teams in our division no matter if we are first second or third. Momentum in the playoffs takes on its own life often in stark contrast how a regular season ends for a team.

I agree there will be no easier path getting out of the central. Everything we are doing now is just to get into the tournament hopefully as healthy as possible. As we have seen the Jets folds when we lose Scheifele so I am hoping he can make it through as far as this team can go this post season.

I have to say, pgts after going through and 'cleaning up' your feed are a lot easier to read. Mysteriously, all the people who just come here to bitch after a loss have POOF DISAPPEARED

Great strategy. The ignore function got me through the dark days of the Lainiacs invasion. If I don’t align then I curate. Nothing wrong with that I think it works out best for all parties. We all get to hang here if we follow the rules so to each their own.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I agree there will be no easier path getting out of the central. Everything we are doing now is just to get into the tournament hopefully as healthy as possible. As we have seen the Jets folds when we lose Scheifele so I am hoping he can make it through as far as this team can go this post season.

Great strategy. The ignore function got me through the dark days of the Lainiacs invasion. If I don’t align then I curate. Nothing wrong with that I think it works out best for all parties. We all get to hang here if we follow the rules so to each their own.
Yeah I'm all for debating with people who make cogent arguments.

I often disagree with @surixon but he always comes with a thoughtful argument, respect, and a willingness to listen to the other side.

I love that because that's what this board is for. I end up learning something and even changing my perspective sometimes.

What I'm not here for is people just here to whine, troll, demean, or be disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad