Post-Game Talk: Devils 4 - Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I don't know why you care so much about when people and when people don't show up. Pretty weird.

I suggest utilizing the ignore function if certain posters annoy you.
I mean if my calling out people like yourself that only comes here to complain and ignores this place when winning bothers you then you know you can also block me? that is another option.

there is a bunch of people that criticize how the jets play and I don't quote them, they also come here and post when things are going good

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
To further the definition a bit, it came from the belief that soy raises your estrogen and makes you more feminine, which isn't entirely untrue but you'd need to eat an absurd amount of soy to make a measurable difference in your estrogen levels.
I’m Filipino. I’m genetically predisposed to liking soy sauce and anime. Extra soy boy in my case!

@jungles this is how I pictured you when you tagged me:
IMG_6420.gif

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I mean if my calling out people like yourself that only comes here to complain and ignores this place when winning bothers you then you know you can also block me? that is another option.

I don't need to block anyone because I understand people have different opinions.

Anyways, I guess do whatever makes you happy. I just wanted to bring up the ignore feature because some people legitimately forget it exists. Nobody should have to suffer if something is bothering them that much.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I don't know why you care so much about when people and when people don't show up. Pretty weird.

I suggest utilizing the ignore function if certain posters annoy you.
I show up game whenever I am not at a game.
I think it helps to vent and be constructive in your criticism when they play like they are running from the devil like they did tonight or when the take a bite out of the big Apple like the other night

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Got schooled pretty good in every aspect from 5v5 to the PP to the PK.

Losing is not a problem but pre-ASB the Jets rarely had games where they look this porous defensively, now it seems to happen every 2-3 games.

Looks like the Eastern Conference also got the memo on the playbook to handle the Jets with home ice advantage. Match up your best offensive line against the Jets top line- and basically a guarantee that you'll come out ahead in the scoring chances. The Devils coach did not even try to deploy his top line against our 2nd 3rd or 4th lines despite having home ice lol. This is the biggest question mark for this team going into the playoffs and they need to find a solution to get more out of their 16-17 mins a night at 5v5 players, if it is not Ehlers then they have to consider killing some sacred cows like breaking up that 3rd line or trying someone like Barron or Perfetti up there.

I don't mind the PP going cold. All the bad habits at 5v5 coincided with the PP going hot. Hopefully now they actually focus on fixing the team-defense at 5v5.

Schmidt is pretty clearly better than Miller. Stanley and Miller should be in competition for the #7 d-man spot. In my viewings it is not even close between him and Schmidt. Schmidt had back points in 2 out of the last 3 games, was a +3 in that period.

Hopefully this means Perfetti back in the lineup too.

Pretty good game by Pionk considering many were calling for him to be scratched in favor of Miller.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I show up game whenever I am not at a game.
I think it helps to vent and be constructive in your criticism when they play like they are running from the devil like they did tonight or when the take a bite out of the big Apple like the other night

Nothing wrong with that at all. I like to vent as well when the Jets play like crap. When the Jets play well and win, I'm happy and generally not even thinking about HFBoards.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Apparently Jets need to go 83-0-0 in the regular season to satisfy some people

Yes, 83 regular season wins

Just not our night. Remember this devils team was a top team brought down by goaltending.
Over the last bit when teams are ramping up for the playoffs they have laid an egg vs Vancouver, Nashville and New Jersey. And they were big, stinky rotten eggs at that The only good team they beat is New York. Do you really get excited about trouncing Anaheim and Columbus? Then we beat two teams we should have in Seattle and Washington. But also lost one against Seattle at home.

Not exactly reason to rejoice now is it? I’m sure you are able to see at least a little bit where some fans may be a little worried, no? Their play has been VERY inconsistent, and against the top teams we have not faired so well in all reality. Not really how you want a supposed top team to play going down the stretch. We had games in hand and now we don't.

So please don't make it seem like those of us who are at least a tad bit worried about the play as of late are crazy.

Reactions: Positive

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
yes, both series will be f***ing hard but I base that off of actually watching both teams play...
Fair enough. I just do not think they can match col's speed and offence or Dal's speed and tenacity. Too many soft players i.e..ehlers, Connor, too many slow players i.e. Nino( who I love) and Lowry.
I do not expect perfection but it seems they take far too many nights off. I hope they are. Saving it for the playoffs

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Arneil sucks. Can't even get the team up for a big game vs the Devils. :sarcasm:

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Nothing wrong with that at all. I like to vent as well when the Jets play like crap. When the Jets play well and win, I'm happy and generally not even thinking about HFBoards.
I agree I am less likely to post when in a good mood but the beauty of this place is we all have a common goal and that is to see the Jets succeed!

• Love
Reactions: rehf and jungles

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Well the Devils did beat the Stars in Dallas last week 6-2 and the Devils had ZERO PPs and no empty net goals.
It could be the devil's are better than both teams or are playing with greater urgency since they are fighting for a playoff spot. The Jets have looked bad against dal. I am concerned if they play them over 7 games .

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We just played a very good game against the Rangers one night ago, i think people are jumping the gun a little right now. We looked tired tonight and didn't look like we were up and ready for this one, let's see how they play Saturday .

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It could be the devil's are better than both teams or are playing with greater urgency since they are fighting for a playoff spot. The Jets have looked bad against dal. I am concerned if they play them over 7 games .
we looked bad in 1 game vs dallas, the other two our special teams cost us but we were good 5v5

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Give credit to the Devils, they came to play and crushed the Jets in all facets of the game. Outskated, outworked, outshot by an embarrassing margin. Which makes me wonder if true contenders get dominated once every 4 games, say 'We'll burn the tape and put this one behind us' in the post-game interviews, only to have it happen again a few weeks later. I've said before, I don't mind losing so much...it's how we lose. This was utter domination at all levels, aside from a single outstanding effort by Ehlers. No answer for the aggressive forecheck, awful puck management in all zones, just tossing it into open areas, with no conviction on zone exits or entries, and deserved penalties for being caught out of position.

Forget about burning that tape. You better keep that tape and watch it a few times and work on things. This was worse than the Vancouver game.

Jets PK strategy is to lose the faceoff, let the opposition take all the time in the world and setup 4 shots on goal as we collapse into a passive box. If we win the faceoff, seems we lose the inevitable board battles anyways, and let them get setup, give up 3 shots. The Jets are giving up 35-40 shots per game at this stage in the season. We'll coast into the playoffs for sure, but the fact that we have the 26th ranked PK in the league, AND THAT'S WITH HELLEBUYCK, makes me a huge doubter of this team's ability to make a deep run. Has any team ever won the cup with special teams this bad?

Sorry for the reaction, this is the most negative I've been about a game this season.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I actually didn't mind this game... the devils sucked before trading for Jake Allen... now they should be a playoff team

Jets had a post big win let down - not the end of the world

Special teams killed us but I really liked our PK - some nights the bounces don't go your way

Laughable to see guys calling out Miller in his what third game as a Jet...?

Only disappointment was that we couldn't generate chances after ehlers put us on his back

KFC has to start playing hockey instead of looking for cookies... that is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad