Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VII - Playoff push; read warning in OP first

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
"All of the things". This chart doesn't have that many individual statistics, most of them are just variations on the same few stats (points, corsi, on ice goals, time on ice) but analyzed in different ways. Presenting it as a comprehensive analysis is misleading, which isn't even the intention of the tool.
Statistically, he’s worse at everything. My eyes tell me he isn’t good. I’m done here. Hopefully he isn’t resigned.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Damon Severson On-ice save % 5 on 5 is 90.7.

Butcher 90.5%
Greene 91.3
Vatanen 89.5
Moore 92.1
Lovejoy 92.5

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Vatanen is our best dmen and Lovejoy is our worst so this stat isn’t saying anything important.

Well Vatanen is playing against top lines, and LJ is playing on the third pairing so that might have to do something with it.

Also, I would like to add, your Moore is dragging Severson down narrative doesn't really hold. So why does Moore have better on-ice save % than Severson?

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
It’s amazing how good Nico is in a game where he played against the best centers in the league. This string bean kid is going to be unreal when he puts on even a little more muscle.

Reactions: Blender

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Well Vatanen is playing against top lines, and LJ is playing on the third pairing so that might have to do something with it.

Also, I would like to add, your Moore is dragging Severson down narrative doesn't really hold. So why does Moore have better on-ice save % than Severson?
I believe there’s no conclusive evidence that individual players have any impact on relative save percentage. I’m fairly sure it varies widely year to year and hard to isolate an individuals actual impact.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I believe there’s no conclusive evidence that individual players have any impact on relative save percentage. I’m fairly sure it varies widely year to year and hard to isolate an individuals actual impact.

You really think so? A player giving up prime chances in his zone will most definitely have a lower save %. So is playing vs better competition

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal

So in other words we're through the schedule hangup now.

I think Philly playing vs only 3 teams who are currently in a playoff position is irrelevant considering they are paying vs Western teams who are very close to being in the playoffs.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We have quite a few winnable games down the stretch here. If we fail to capitalize on them and miss the playoffs because of that, that will be entirely on us.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
It’s amazing how good Nico is in a game where he played against the best centers in the league. This string bean kid is going to be unreal when he puts on even a little more muscle.

i dont think hes much of a string bean. hes just not built like a tank. he seems to have great lower body and core strengh. along with impressive flexibility. seems like he focuses more on all around strength than bulking up. it will take him longer to physically mature than others but he will be just as strong pound for pound. i guess it seems to me that he doesnt have much muscular imbalance. which is great for reducing injury.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Side note:
Dano is going to give me a heart attack with all his "oh my!", "OHHHH!", and "Oh wow!" comments. I love how much he still wants this team to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad