Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
So McLeod can still play a few games without burning a year on his contract right? I wouldn’t mind giving him a taste of the NHL. If Mueller goes on IR we’ll have a spot open right?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
So McLeod can still play a few games without burning a year on his contract right? I wouldn’t mind giving him a taste of the NHL. If Mueller goes on IR we’ll have a spot open right?

I would think they would activate Zajac as the primary move. But I do think you're right that McLeod could play some games without burning a year.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

He can play up to nine games before burning a year.

If Mueller goes on IR, we only have one spot open, which should go to Zajac. Would need to send someone down to make room for McLeod (waiver eligible - Wood, Zacha, Butcher, Santini, and Coleman?) or put someone on waivers (Gibbons, Noesen, Prout).

At this point, I don't think any of those guys deserve to be demoted for McLeod to get a taste and Prout is now needed more with Mueller's injury as a 7D. There would likely have to be another injury for McLeod to get a chance or likely Zacha getting sent down to the AHL.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
He can play up to nine games before burning a year.

If Mueller goes on IR, we only have one spot open, which should go to Zajac. Would need to send someone down to make room for McLeod (waiver eligible - Wood, Zacha, Butcher, Santini, and Coleman?) or put someone on waivers (Gibbons, Noesen, Prout).

At this point, I don't think any of those guys deserve to be demoted for McLeod to get a taste and Prout is now needed more with Mueller's injury as a 7D. There would likely have to be another injury for McLeod to get a chance or likely Zacha getting sent down to the AHL.
Yeah I don’t understand why McLeod is still here. He didn’t look great prior to the injury now, so I don’t know why he hasn’t been returned to juniors yet. I had him penciled in as a rw during the summer and it’s exciting that there’s not really a spot for him at the moment. Great having unexpected depth!

Merrills Marauders

Jul 20, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah I don’t understand why McLeod is still here. He didn’t look great prior to the injury now, so I don’t know why he hasn’t been returned to juniors yet. I had him penciled in as a rw during the summer and it’s exciting that there’s not really a spot for him at the moment. Great having unexpected depth!

Could be wrong, but I don’t believe he was allowed to be sent down while on IR.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I trust the Devils doctors over juniors doctors. Also that is why JQ is up here rehabbing. Best place is in jersey to oversee their injuries until the are 100% and can go back.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I thought Zacha, Boyle and Wood played really well as a line the other night, pretty much ignited the comeback. Disappointing.

Stafford has been pretty meh for a while now, wish he'd be bumped down to the 3rd line for a little bit.

Hall-Zajac-Palms
Henrique-Nico-Bratt
Zacha-Boyle-Wood
Gibbons-Coleman-Noesen

That's how I'd line em up.

Lol forgot about Stafford after I just ripped him. Gee, I don't know. We have a lot of forwards.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hard to argue with those lines unless you want to insert PZ on the 4th line and remove Noesen.

But that 4th line has had great chemistry

Could also scratch Wood Or move him to the 4th line and have PZ on the 3rd.

Bottom line is I want PZ playing hockey.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Very intriguing lines. Wonder if this somewhat ends up guaranteeing Zacha to be sent to the minors when Mojo is healthy. It's hard to disagree with that lineup at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad