Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
That could very well be the top nine to start the year.

Some combination of Blandisi, Wood, Boyle, Coleman, Noesen, Hayes, or Lappin for the fourth line.

If Boyle is ready to go (feels unimportant thinking of these scenarios but it is what it is) then I think JQ starts in Albany and Blandisi starts on the 3rd line.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Bratt-Henrique-JQ is gonna be the line to watch.

This is huge for JQ. If he can be a positive at RW, his path to this Devils team will be much easier.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I could have sworn I heard Boyle was meeting with the doctor early this week to determine the best course of action, so we might know more then.

Reactions: StrBender

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Boyle shouldn't be playing right now. Practicing fine but he doesn't need to be exposed to the hits and sticks. Let him heal and then come back when he is cleared. Short of the team psychologist recommending that the mental aspect of playing will impact his mood and positive emotional state - which I do think matters when fighting something serious - I want him to get well. The team will be here waiting for him when he is ready to go without restrictions.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I wouldn't be opposed to trying these out for a stretch...

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Hischier-Stafford
Henrique-Blandisi-JQ

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Oh god, the lineup facing the Islanders A team will be:

F: Baddock, Blandisi, Boyle (?), Cangelosi, Gibbons, Hayes, Henrique, Kearns, Lappin, McLeod, Noesen, Pietila, Rooney, Speers, Thomson, Wood
D: Dyblenko, Jacobs, Kapla, Lovejoy, Moore, Mueller, Severson, Strait, White
G: Kinkaid, Wedgewood

Wood - Henrique - Hayes
Gibbons - Blandisi - Noesen
Pietila - McLeod - Speers
Kearns - Rooney - Lappin
Baddock - Cangelosi - Thomson

Mueller - Lovejoy
Moore - Severson
Dyblenko - Kapla
Strait - Jacobs
White

Kinkaid
Wedgewood

Some good talent and a chance for many to show they can standout and for the probables to lead.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Ah yes. I really think Blandisi has played well enough to earn a spot. I guess he's my new random fanboy crush. Usually they don't turn out well so hopefully this does

I don't see how he doesn't make the team. I've been down on him the past season+ solely because of his inability to maintain his composure and not be drawn into scuffles and penalties that hurt the team. So far this preseason he's shown he can dial it back and still be productive. I never thought I'd ever say that.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
The top 9 at PEI game may very well be our opening night top 9. I don't mind it one bit

The top two lines (on paper) look perfectly balanced. I expect Zacha and Hischier to experience growing pains but perform well. Zacha takes Zajac's place on a line that performed well last year - I'd expect his talent and athleticism to help the line perform just as well offensively and take a step back defensively. The drop off in defense is expected as Zacha is still learning, but he'll have two veterans to help him out. Ditto Hischier - playing with two vets should ease his transition. He also had a reputation in juniors for making his linemates better (or at least getting the most out of them) and we'll see how he works with MoJo and Stafford. I wouldn't set the top6 any other way at this point.

Our entire forward corps has a chance to perform very well this season. Despite last year's disappointment, this looks like the natural next step for a team that's progressing. If Zacha and Nico can at least hold down their positions, Henrique and/or Zajac could be on other teams next season. It would be interesting to see those top 2 lines backed up by a veteran 3L featuring both players, but our younger (and cheaper) forwards could force the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad