Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
#signseverson

$26 million for 6 years PLZ.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Exceedingly excellent news. Can't wait!

Why I'm so optimistic even with another bottom 5 finish incoming. So many talented kids on the horizon.

Feel bad for Zajac and Greene. Best they can hope for is one or two more playoff trips. They won't really be here for when this comes together.

Cory is sort of on the cusp. I could see us becoming competitive has he shifts back into a 1A/1B tandem with Blackwood.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Where are our beat writers in all of this? Think one of them would be bugging Shero for updates.

Someone call TG

Gross tweeted that he was out of the US until the 11th of September.

I thought he provided good coverage during the season, even if not as many blogs and postings as TG. I do think the coverage we've had over the offseason was pretty lackluster. I'm surprised he didn't ask Shero earlier about it.

Didn't anyone ask over the Butcher conference call? Usually reporters will ask a few unrelated questions towards the end of those conference calls.

kiwidevil

Will there be a way to watch it afterwards if it's a live stream? youtube???

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Why I'm so optimistic even with another bottom 5 finish incoming. So many talented kids on the horizon.

Feel bad for Zajac and Greene. Best they can hope for is one or two more playoff trips. They won't really be here for when this comes together.

Cory is sort of on the cusp. I could see us becoming competitive has he shifts back into a 1A/1B tandem with Blackwood.

Aren't Zajac and Cory about the same age? Zajac even isn't that old, Greene on the other hand I doubt he sees playoffs in New Jersey uniform again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Aren't Zajac and Cory about the same age? Zajac even isn't that old, Greene on the other hand I doubt he sees playoffs in New Jersey uniform again.

Zajac is a year older than Cory.

And let's hope we make the playoffs by 2019-2020. That will be Greene's last year under contract. Barring a huge drop off over these next two years, which would lead to a potential buyout, I think he'll be with us until then.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
I'd be happy if we signed Sevs for 6yrs 25-28mil. He's probably commanding a little more than that, but I'm expecting him to sign this week. Zadorov in Colorado is still unsigned, any chance Ray gets in on this if they can't come to an agreement?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'd be happy if we signed Sevs for 6yrs 25-28mil. He's probably commanding a little more than that, but I'm expecting him to sign this week. Zadorov in Colorado is still unsigned, any chance Ray gets in on this if they can't come to an agreement?

Let's get Severson done before our eyes start wandering to other young, unsigned RFA defensemen.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
When does the Prospects Challenge Tournament with Buffalo (and other teams) start again? I keep forgetting. Thanks for any help. Can't wait to have hockey back. :handclap:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't think Todd has any real connections unless he has a connection with his agent?

Either way this is still the most likely and realistic take on the current situation

I feel like Cordell throws a lot of really obvious "poop" at the wall and sometimes it sticks. It's just usually really obvious stuff.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I feel like Cordell throws a lot of really obvious "poop" at the wall and sometimes it sticks. It's just usually really obvious stuff.

Thing is this apparently isn't as obvious as it should be as some are convinced he is "holding out" and Shero is screwing this up.

The more likely scenero was always Severson being on vacation for something.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It's September already and I'm not even sold on what I want out of a Severson deal.

Bridge seems risky but so does committing long-term (5+ years). Be interesting to see what the Devils settle on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad