Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I believe Bastian's problem was his move to center. I think you saw it in his game. He is a winger, a big strong RW who i believe will develop into a nice power forward for us. I just hope with how the teams prospects are that the trial at center is over.

I agree.

Bastian's upside is a two-way, physical 3rd line RW who can score 15-20 goals and 35-40 points. Seeing as the Devils lack RWs and physical wingers, that would seem to make him a valuable commodity in the organization.

Strangely, from the same draft I believe that Joey Anderson has more upside as a second line RW. Anderson is faster, a bit smarter and possesses more scoring acumen.

The wild-card at RW for the Devils pipeline is, of course, Nikita Popugayev. Absolutely he has first-line upside, but he is also the most likely of this trio not to make the NHL whatsoever.

Here's my ranking of the Devils RW prospects:

1)Anderson
2Popugayev
3)Speers
4)Bastian
5)Zetterlund
6)Studenic
7)Lappin

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
40 points from a RW this season was top 33 in the league.

35 was top 42.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Two-way LW/Cs who can score 25-30 goals do not exactly grow on trees, either. To say that the Ducks can get more for Vatanen than Henrique in this market is a stretch.

I would absolutely add to Henrique to get Vatenen. Henrique scored 30 but the norm is probably somewhere in between the last two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad