Devils 2016-17 team discussion (player news and notes) - Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That and meteorologist. :help:

YUP! Haha I always use that one as an example too. Also politicians as well.

At least you can vote them out every so many years, can you vote out the bad officials? Probably not....

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
No Zacha is going to make the rest of this season really rough to watch. But I hope they just tell him they will see him next season and not risk anything further.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

At least you can vote them out every so many years, can you vote out the bad officials? Probably not....
edit: NVM, I don't want to get in trouble discussing politics :)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I worried about Zacha too but not enough for this shut him down talk lol

Be cautious sure but if he's ready to go he's ready to go, holding him back isn't a good plan either. Especially if we can send him down to Albany for the playoffs.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I want to see Blender in the top 6. He had good numbers last year when he was with talent.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Perhaps is JQ time! Id like to see him get a long look at the NHL level. He has been putting up points in the A.

His scoring pace has slowed a bit the past month or so. Kowalsky also spoke of conditioning concerns.

Wouldn't mind it, but not a slam dunk.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
I never saw a good look on the Zacha play, but live it seemed like a two-minute penalty.

Yeah, it was definitely a penalty, but probably just 2 min. It didn't look like a hard enough hit. But like others mentioned, this year, Devils were given 5 min majors for less.

Maybe there are some young refs being integrated in the league, whatever it is, they are struggling. I do wonder if the less experienced refs are given lower profile games, but I'm just guessing.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

I wish you could.

Anyway, with regard to Zacha, I'm probably in the camp of just shutting him down for the season. The season is long lost and you don't want to mess around with concussions. Try to give him as much recovery time as possible. Stinks that Zacha seems to be concussion prone, though:(

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I wish you could.

Anyway, with regard to Zacha, I'm probably in the camp of just shutting him down for the season. The season is long lost and you don't want to mess around with concussions. Try to give him as much recovery time as possible. Stinks that Zacha seems to be concussion prone, though:(

I would bet a decent amount of cash that the hit he took in the AHL playoffs last year was definitely a concussion. I didn't buy that hip flexor nonsense for a minute.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm willing to bet Blender gets a shot in the top 6 to start tomorrow. He had success against the Rangers last year and had a strong game on Tuesday, so it would make sense.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I wish you could.

This could be a major problem going forward if his Zacha' career is slowed by concussion problems. Not what the organization needed. I would agree with shutting him down.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
This could be a major problem going forward if Zacha' career his slowed by concussion problems. Not what the organization needed. I would agree with shutting him down.

Yep, concussions, especially multiple ones, can have long-range consequences. I hope the impact can be minimized if it is ensured that Zacha gets a long recovery time. Long term, I think it's best for the organization and Zacha that he takes the time to recover as fully as possible.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Zacha did have a concussion in juniors. He did not have one in the AHL.

they are saying the devils lied about his injury being a hip flexor. i don't really see the need to lie about it so yeah technically this is his first concussion in the pros.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
they are saying the devils lied about his injury being a hip flexor.

Yeah, I know, but it doesn't make sense with the evidence we have. IIRC Zacha was practicing but wasn't able to play, which is not something that teams generally do when a player sustains a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad