Kings News: Development Camp 2021 Thread.......

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Back to more important things...

What's the latest on Byfield?

He's fine and will be ready soon, just a small foot issue he went through the week before camp. Obviously wasn't terrible if he was willing to try it out, but him and Turc et. al. are expected back for next activities.

...just like Deadmarsh, Allison, and Palffy. There, got it out of the way for everyone.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
For me the other standout was Anders Lee. He had a few snipes in the group sesh coupled with a post or two. They were statement goals.

He's tall and lanky and just like Byfield is 6'4".

His presence on the ice is certainly noticeable but also like Byfield boy could he get up the ice quite quickly.

I was shocked to remember he was a 7th rounder...

Can you imagine icing a line of:
BYFIELD 6'4"
ANDRE LEE 6'4"
SAMUEL HELENIUS 6'6"
They’d be the New Legion of Doom!!

Reactions: ricardfromage

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Also some of his goals go off multiple people from impossible angles before ending up in the back of the net. That's a goal scorer.

It's one of the reasons I'm so certain he will stick. He's a lethal shot and a fantastic playmaker, and always ends up in the right spots with a big body and soft hands (1st NHL goal is a perfect example), but he also has a little of that Lucky Luc mystique, where stuff just goes in from everywhere.

Sometimes on the prospect board they compare him to Brandon Pirri but I've always felt like one-dimensional slow snipers are too predictable, like Pirri never stuck because for all his other deficiencies his shot was his only weapon, thus predictable-Kaliyev is lethal from a number of angles as well as wholly unpredictable, he's an offensive savant and doesn't get enough credit for things other than 'sniping.'

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Turcotte's become underrated it seems. He made some passes for the Reign that only Vilardi is capable of seeing the play and executing.

Story of his career really.

Turc's playmaking is underrated because of Zegras.
His shooting is underrated because of Kaliyev/Caulfield (though I would argue is probably his 'worst' attribute)
Skating underrated because of Hughes, Kupari
Tenacity often overlooked because of Boldy, Beniers

Because he didn't do one thing at a best-on-team level but instead is 2nd-3rd in everything he comes across as a Trevor Lewis--the ultimate support player--instead of a Jonathan Toews, the drag-you-into-battle do-it-all with heart.

The emblematic shift was Kaliyev's GWG vs. Finland; Turcotte won a battle in every zone on the rink on that shift to get the puck out of their end and into the scoring position to win the game. But it was a boring assist based on work rather than a flashy behind-the-back pass so...

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Story of his career really.

Turc's playmaking is underrated because of Zegras.
His shooting is underrated because of Kaliyev/Caulfield (though I would argue is probably his 'worst' attribute)
Skating underrated because of Hughes, Kupari
Tenacity often overlooked because of Boldy, Beniers

Because he didn't do one thing at a best-on-team level but instead is 2nd-3rd in everything he comes across as a Trevor Lewis--the ultimate support player--instead of a Jonathan Toews, the drag-you-into-battle do-it-all with heart.

The emblematic shift was Kaliyev's GWG vs. Finland; Turcotte won a battle in every zone on the rink on that shift to get the puck out of their end and into the scoring position to win the game. But it was a boring assist based on work rather than a flashy behind-the-back pass so...

Turcotte is like a seagull. There are birds that fly better, swim better, run faster, and dive better. But then you look around and realize they are f***ing everywhere because they can adapt to any situation and be successful.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Uh, Caravan SE Plus

13335690764_3b9e3ed946_b.jpg

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
They're all busts, change my minds kids.

Note I stand to gain the most on the potential emotional roller coaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad