GDT: Detroit Red Wings at Ottawa Senators - 1PM - TSN5/RDS - Caterday Caterwauling Calamity at the Cattery

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Korps allowed 3 goals on 12 shots....

There's your team rattled.
Not a good look for sure but you could see the play (and eventual goal) developing in real time. Below the goal line into the slot, all game long. Sens had no answer. Was awful to watch live

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
I think Korpisalo played great! We just needed to score 6 to win. That's sustainable defense.

Korpisalo only ever plays around 28 games per season. It sucks that sooner rather than later we will lose this star goalie for the foreseeable future if not the rest of the season.

I Look forward to 5 years of Korpisalo! If you put all 5 years together he might just play 82 games for the Ottawa Senators!

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Sens are playing tentatively since Norris returned. As if they don't want to start running the other team for fear someone will take a run at Norris. Tkachuk should have been a lot more physical today.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sens are playing tentatively since Norris returned. As if they don't want to start running the other team for fear someone will take a run at Norris. Tkachuk should have been a lot more physical today.

Gotta disagree with that. They’ve been hard on the forecheck in both the games Norris has played and have punished the opposition D every chance they had.

The PK struggled today, they looked unprepared. Really my only complaint from this game and maybe that the level of play dipped on the last 10 minutes. There was plenty to like about todays game. They have done a really good job at closing in the NZ. As a team I thought they looked good at 5v5. 5 shots against in 27 min of 5v5 hockey during the first 2 periods is about as well as you could shut down an opponent.

Expecting more from some individuals, notably that top line.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He can't always be the one doing it himself.

Where was Kastellic?

Reactions: chipsens

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
We need Chris Neil. Someone who will recognize that we're starting cold and who will go out and hit 2-3 people hard and wake up the fans and the team. Tkachuk set the tone in the last 2 games against Detroit and didn't do anything today when the team needed him to take control.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
I was at the game. I was impressed with the in game experience, fans are proud of this team, I see way more senators gear and jerseys than in the past.

I would not play the blame game on this loss. They lacked team discipline vs the current best PP. and paid for it.

Ridley destroying the p***ycat was hardly a penalty but a thing a beauty. (I saw a p***ycat jersey, what a beauty).

It's just 1 game, take a deep breath. Adversity is a good thing. They need to be more physical and more disciplined, end of story, happy Saturday.

P>S I just watched the highlights on SN and loved hot loud the booing was!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dionysus

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I hate the officiating so much in this league. You can legit tell when a call is coming and to which team. Such a bad product
I wish we could subpoena the "instructions and guidance" given to the refs from the Supervisor of officials.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
I did not see the hit as "textbook boarding". Greig did not run Debrincat into the boards.
It was not boarding lol. They called it roughing I think because his hand got up in Debrincats face during the hit. I don’t like the call especially from the far ref but what can you do. You tell Greig to keep playing that way.

Stutzle had some more turnovers, he’s trying to do too much out there. Teams also know how good he is and how emotional he is so they target him. Has just got to settle down a bit.

Chychrn didn’t look great either. Almost like he was sick, didn’t seem 100%.

No other players really stood out to me good or bad. Not a great effort defensively, Husso did play very well. Korpisalo didn’t play great but not all the goals were his fault, very sloppy positioning.

I’m not worried. It was a down game and it’s not like they outplayed the Sens 5v5, they had some good goaltending and calls. Teams get lucky sometimes.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I didn't watch this afternoon but watched the highlights.

Korpisalo let in two weak goals. The other goals would've gone in on any goalie in the league.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We have more than enough to tie it.

There's 20 minutes left. Need the coaching to adapt to what the Wings did.

We have the puck a lot and move it around a whole lot but don't generate much from it. That's on coaching.
There is a lack of player movement on the PP again. It is too passive and not pro-active. The Fs should be driving into open space to take passes and get shots. Too much passing and not enough player movement.

Reactions: chipsens

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I was at the game and the crowd was good in the 1st and disappeared after. What’s up with that? The fans took themselves out of the game and Detroit loved every minute of it.

Korpisalo made four Grade A saves in a row. Pretty inexcusable defending.

Timmy was bad again.

Kastelic is useless.

Greig was a monster. Maybe his best game?

Refs were atrocious.

Just one game. They win on Tuesday and they will have a 4-1 homestand. Pretty impressive, and people need to relax a little bit around here.

Oh, almost forgot to talk about how Brannstrom can be easily replaced and open up 1.2M cap space

Reactions: LiseL

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The guys lost composure after the first goal, and then goaltending just collapsed. Emotions were running wild and the team acted like a group of wide-eyed rookies than a group with 100+ games under their belt. Adversity in the game is a fact of life, they need to be able to manage it and move past it a lot better.

It's concerning because they shouldn't be this inconsistent period to period at this stage of things. The coaching staff and the leadership core of the team have a lot of work to do.

And Timmy...he's starting to show the flaw in his game right now. He plays with a ton of hustle, but when pure hustle doesn't work, he doesn't know what to do. Starting to wonder if there are gaps in his hockey sense and if he is capable of slowing the game down a bit. If he can figure it out, he could become a top 5-10 player in the league.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Time to ride with Forsberg, even if it makes his GM look really bad.

1697943209466.png

Reactions: Senovision

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad