Proposal: Detroit | Buffalo

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Right. Then you have to wait 3 years for said defenseman to develop. And you'll have to live with his ups and downs.
None of this year's D-men come with Dahlin's abilities. Not saying 1 won't be better one day. But which one? What if you draft the wrong one? It's foolish to assume you're just going to draft an 18 year old and he's going to be better than Dahlin.

Dahlin-Seider for 10-15 years?
I'd probably give up more than what I offered, quite honestly.

The cap dump is for two more years. I can deal.

Even better - you've just potentially shaved years off your rebuild time.

If Detroit gets the top pick and take Owen Power I would much rather have that with Seider than Dahlin.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
You are getting a guy who is probably the best young two-way defenseman in hockey.
How is that brutal?

Ever hear of Heiskanan? He is the top young two way defensmen in hockey AINEC. Quite frankly I would take Makar over Dehlin as well at this point.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
If Detroit gets the top pick and take Owen Power I would much rather have that with Seider than Dahlin.

You're crazy. Absolutely crazy. If I could deal the Wings pick right now and get Dahlin? I do that without hesitation. Owen Power might be good. Dahlin is a quality NHLer today with a world of potential still.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
You're crazy. Absolutely crazy. If I could deal the Wings pick right now and get Dahlin? I do that without hesitation. Owen Power might be good. Dahlin is a quality NHLer today with a world of potential still.

I'm crazy? You want that anchor contract of Okposo for 3 years? That is crazy

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Nah

Detroit brass was in the building last night in heavy numbers to watch the wolverines
They showed them on camera
They'll be there again tonight

you know who they were watching and everyone there was so impressed with how he played
they arent taking shortcuts and salary dumps, and giving up that pick

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
I'm crazy? You want that anchor contract of Okposo for 3 years? That is crazy
No, that given the choice between a guy who is currently in the NHL and a really good player and a rookie who could be a good player, you'd be so for it. Let's say the Wings get boned again in the draft as is our habit and we end up 4th, 5th, or 6th... are you still ready to roll with whoever that guy is?

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Does Buffalo do Hronek + 2021 1st + 2022 1st? That could very well be two top 5 picks and a legit top 4D who is actually a bit in the same mold as Dahlin (not as talented, obviously, but that's why you'd be getting two top 5 picks with him)

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Neural fan here. If I were Detroit, I wouldn't make the deal. First, I think Power/Hughes either is pretty good and I wouldn't give up on Zadina yet. Second, although Detroit doesn't need cap space, with the flat cap, Detroit could potentially use the cap space as leverage to sign free agents or in trade to pick up either picks/prospects. The flat cap will really help Detroit obtain some assets, I wouldn't give it up that easily.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Neural fan here. If I were Detroit, I wouldn't make the deal. First, I think Power/Hughes either is pretty good and I wouldn't give up on Zadina yet. Second, although Detroit doesn't need cap space, with the flat cap, Detroit could potentially use the cap space as leverage to sign free agents or in trade to pick up either picks/prospects. The flat cap will really help Detroit obtain some assets, I wouldn't give it up that easily.

Thank you for your post. An outsiders opinion is welcomed especially if its constructive.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
No, that given the choice between a guy who is currently in the NHL and a really good player and a rookie who could be a good player, you'd be so for it. Let's say the Wings get boned again in the draft as is our habit and we end up 4th, 5th, or 6th... are you still ready to roll with whoever that guy is?

I am because I also don't want to throw away Zadina after he has only played 59 NHL that again is crazy.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I can't believe Wings fans are saying no.
The draft pick is unlikely to be as good as Dahlin and the cap dump will have no impact on their rebuild. If the cap dump was Skinner I could see it.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
This is insane. I know Dahlin is struggling lately, but Sabres wouldn't deal him if they could get rid of Okposo AND Skinner. He's not a guy you move on from.

zwixrr

May 12, 2014
Michigan, USA
This is insane. I know Dahlin is struggling lately, but Sabres wouldn't deal him if they could get rid of Okposo AND Skinner. He's not a guy you move on from.

Anybody can be moved. If you got rid of okposo AND skinner I'm fairly certain buffalo pulls the trigger. That's a LOT of dead money to get out from. Nobody is taking that mistake of a contract we know as skinner though.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
To Buffalo
Zadina, Detroit 1st rounder in 2021

To Detroit
Okposo, Dahlin.

one of Detroit's top prospects already playing in the NHL and what could be the #1 overall this year for what could be a top end d-man soon and.......................................Okposo??? :facepalm:

Detroit doesn't need to trade for a potential top d-man in Dahlin because they could just keep their pick and take Edvinsson, Clarke, Hughes or Power ! they WILL be in line for one of them where they are picking. o_O

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Filip Karlsson

Oct 6, 2020
Rasmus Dahlin vs Victor Hedman

First 2 NHL seasons

Dahlin -
82gp 9g 35a 44p
59gp 4g 36a 40p

Hedman -
74gp 4g 16a 20p
79gp 3g 23a 26p

Hedman reached 50 points for the first time in his 5th season and truly broke out as elite in his 8th.

Also MacKinnon was over point per game for the first time in his 5th season.

**Disclaimer**
Points are not everything of course but should in this case at least serve as some perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad