Confirmed Trade: [DET/OTT] Alex DeBrincat (signs 4 years, $7.875M AAV) for Dominik Kubalik, Donovan Sebrango, cond. 2024 or 2025 1st (DET or BOS), 2024 4th

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
They’d be insane to do so.

Undersized player and nobody can argue that. When he is taken away from Kane in Chicago we see he wasn’t the same even playing with solid offensive players in Ottawa.

He’s a 2nd line complimentary piece.

So long as Ottawa gets back a reasonable 1st and even a decent prospect it’s a win.
Don’t disagree with you at all, I don’t think Detroit has the talent or playmakers to let Debrincat excel

Reactions: TS Quint

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Still think Kubalik is probably in the deal. Heard Friday Detroit was doing due diligence on Brannstrom, Thomson and Bernard Docker. If that’s true, and they agreed to take one, it means either an NHL Dman or a top prospect is in it, on D. Also heard the Sens were pushing for Detroit to take Joseph. That would tell me Valeno is in it.

I still say the fairest deal is Berggren and a 1st Rounder BUT It’ll probably be Kubalik, Chiarot and a 1st for Brannstrom and Debrincat. Lol.
Why would we pay 4.75mil for someone who would be our 6th Dman? I don't think he beats out Hamonic.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Just get this done already. I'm not gonna miss watching this guy chuckling to himself after every missed shot on a wide open cage. Addition by subtraction imo. Good on Yzerman for lowballing him on the contract. Little fella needs a reality check

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
All that's left is to pray Berggren isn't in the return.

I don't think Yzerman would ever trade Ras for a midget winger, not after how badly we got clowned around after Ras got hurt.
Berggren being involved makes sense. I don't think you're ever playing DeBrincat, Raymond and Berggren in the top 6. I am much more concerned about protecting Wallinder out of our pool than Berggren.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Det: DBC, Brännström
Ott: Veleno, Albert Johansson, BOS 1st
That’s similar to what I heard Friday night. That Detroit was evaluating Brannstrom, Thomson and Bernard Docker. Then we heard yesterday morning the trade part was agreed upon. Maybe they said they don’t want one if those, but if they do, Brannstrom makes the most sense, and he can play both sides.

Maybe it’s just Debrincat though. Guess we shall see in a few.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It is pretty safe to assume that Norris, our 35 goal scoring all-roles C, and Chychrun, a top pairing DMan, will play more than 20 games combined next season; also pretty unlikely that we will only have 10 or so games where both of our top goalies are healthy.

I think Detroit has improved a lot this offseason to significantly if not entirely bridge the gap, but Ottawa was far ahead of them, in terms of NHL players, coming into this offseason.
True, but Detroit was also suffering absences (Bertuzzi/Vrana), goalie problems and have made a lot of additions this offseason. I think the most realistic projection is that the teams will continue to have a close battle rather than thinking Ottawa will open up some 20 point gap in the standings or something.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Berggren being involved makes sense. I don't think you're ever playing DeBrincat, Raymond and Berggren in the top 6. I am much more concerned about protecting Wallinder out of our pool than Berggren.
Berggren plays a lot bigger than he is. He's small, but he doesn't get pushed around at all.

I'd prefer the option where we don't trade any of them...

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
True, but Detroit was also suffering absences (Bertuzzi/Vrana), goalie problems and have made a lot of additions this offseason. I think the most realistic projection is that the teams will continue to have a close battle rather than thinking Ottawa will open up some 20 point gap in the standings or something.
I definitely dont expect a major gap unless one of the teams is under exceptional/unsustainable circumstances

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Please god don't let us give up on Brannstrom on top of having to shell out what we did for DeBrincat already. I feel like he's on the cusp of being on the cusp :P

Reactions: Cenzhin

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Oh yeah, not expecting a lot from this deal for the Sens. Have to move on here and try to build elsewhere.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
He had 27 goals and 27 posts playing with rookie Shane Pinto. Cat will be fine lol
11 were on the PP where he was being spoon-fed scoring chances and ice time from a super talented unit.

16 ESG. A lot felt meaningless, too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad