Confirmed Trade: [DET/OTT] Alex DeBrincat (signs 4 years, $7.875M AAV) for Dominik Kubalik, Donovan Sebrango, cond. 2024 or 2025 1st (DET or BOS), 2024 4th

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Meh. You could add Debrincat to Detroit for nothing and Ottawa probably still has a significantly better roster. Different points in the rebuild.
Ahhh yeah I'd say Detroit is a bit earlier in it, of course. I don't think Detroit will be great but they're close enough to Ottawa and Buffalo where I think they'll definitely be dinging them for some points in a bloodbath division which could end up knocking either or both teams out.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I think we all know we’re not gonna do well in this deal

But personally I wasn’t impressed with DeBrincat either. In saying that I think he will be a great fit with Larkin
Less upset in what we lose out on Debrincat, and more what we gave up for him. 7OA for... what we get from DET because that year of DBC was pointless without playoffs.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
While I am happy Ottawa didn't commit to Debrincat longterm, I will say that I think he will be stupendous in Detroit and make a lot of his doubters (funny enough, it seems like tons of Wings fans think he's an absolute shit player) feel very grateful that they were wrong. He is gonna really surprise you with his playmaking and hustle, and I think he is the type of player that Detroit desperately needed. I see him being a very important part of their team & future success as they take the next steps in the 3-5yrs to come.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Poor Ottawa fans see 4-5 year deal and think, “oh crap, if Yzerman got that on the contract, what’s the return gonna look like?”

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Ahhh yeah I'd say Detroit is a bit earlier in it, of course. I don't think Detroit will be great but they're close enough to Ottawa and Buffalo where I think they'll definitely be dinging them for some points in a bloodbath division which could end up knocking either or both teams out.
I really like Ottawa and Buffalo’s roster, honestly. Detroit has some good pieces but are missing any pieces that really scare you

Reactions: Deas

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
A couple 1st rounders maybe?
As much as I'd hate to jinx this... Debrincat either signed a 5 year deal because he only wants to go to Detroit, or he signed a 5 year deal because nobody else would offer better.

... Either way that kills his trade value. I'm not saying they wont get something. They might even get one first. (Boston's) But I seriously, seriously doubt they get two.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
As much as I'd hate to jinx this... Debrincat either signed a 5 year deal because he only wants to go to Detroit, or he signed a 5 year deal because nobody else would offer better.

... Either way that kills his trade value.

He's from Michigan so makes sense he would force a deal there.

Reactions: FriendlyGhost92

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Detroit's rebuild pretty much hinges on when their couple high end defensive prospects are ready to help Seider. There is a lot to like there but it is probably still a year or two out.

Reactions: Crunchy and EXTRAS

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021

... Either way that kills his trade value. I'm not saying they wont get something. They might even get one first. (Boston's) But I seriously, seriously doubt they get two.
Don’t think anyone was offering a long term deal to Debrincat

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Meh. You could add Debrincat to Detroit for nothing and Ottawa probably still has a significantly better roster. Different points in the rebuild.
Ottawa finished 6 points ahead despite Detroit effectively tanking the last 2 months of the season. I mean, let's evaluate the rosters after all the moving pieces fall into place here, but a 6 point gap is nothing to feel super confident about.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
While I am happy Ottawa didn't commit to Debrincat longterm, I will say that I think he will be stupendous in Detroit and make a lot of his doubters (funny enough, it seems like tons of Wings fans think he's an absolute shit player) feel very grateful that they were wrong. He is gonna really surprise you with his playmaking and hustle, and I think he is the type of player that Detroit desperately needed. I see him being a very important part of their team & future success as they take the next steps in the 3-5yrs to come.

His playmaking was definitely impressive. Seemed like he wanted to show he was more than just a scorer last year. Playing mostly with Rookie Pinto and Batherson coming off a high ankle sprain was tough.

Also competes well for the puck and is pretty tenacious overall.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I think I'd prefer a 5 year deal as a Detroit fan. You have him for his prime, then can spend his cap on a new 25 year old when debrincat moves into his 30s.

Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1