Confirmed Trade: [DET/EDM] Kailer Yamamoto and Klim Kostin for future considerations

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
I loved Kostin for the dollar but if he wasnt resigning cheap I guess its ok.

I think Yamo has been underrated should have gotten a better return if he didnt battle injuries this year

Sadly more of the same from Oilers management of assets

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Good salary dump for Oilers I guess, but seems like they could've gotten a better return for these guys.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I know all about the cap situation. It doesn't make turning 1st round picks into nothing any better.
Kostin is rumoured to want 2m or else bolt to the KHL

Yamo makes double what he should be and is quickly trending towards being a bust. The cap space is more valuable for Edmonton while Detroit gets to hopefully turn Yamos career around.

It makes sense for both teams. Thank you Yzerman for doing us a solid

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hilarious that they had to literally give them away for free as a pair.
I was suggesting this yesterday to Chicago. Add a guy with some size and toughness that can chip in offensively as well as take a chance on a younger guy that maybe could slot in on the 2nd line.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kostin was the sweetners to offset Yama's contract.
Tough loss for Oilers but thats what you gotta do when u got no cap space.

f*** Gary, cap should be at 90M+

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Klim Kostin was a beast in the playoffs and scored timely goals. Big guy, plays with tenacity, the kind of player you need to win in the playoffs... which is what I thought the Oilers wanted to do. WTF Edmonton???:huh::huh:

Oilers have zero cap space and Kostins agent has been using the KHL as leverage. Edmonton cant afford him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the KHL unless Detroit ponys up

Reactions: Ciao and Dr Awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad