Confirmed Trade: [DET/EDM] Kailer Yamamoto and Klim Kostin for future considerations

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
The ability to be the only team to negotiate with a player usually has some sort of trade value. So Detroit bought out Yamo instead of giving the Oilers a pick to negotiate with Kostin. That and perhaps Yzerman and Holland are good enough friends that future considerations actually mean something. That's all I've got, this trade is bizarre.

Reactions: lilidk

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
It does sound like Kostin is signing in Detroit, so if you can sign him for cheaper than his QO, then why not?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yzerman really is immune to criticism it seems. Maybe he does get Kostin signed still though.
It will flip one day it does for all GM’s. I said when he was hired it’s one thing to take over a team with a young Stamkos and Hedman to build around guided by a legend like Marty St. Louis. It’s another to actually build a team from the ground up like he’s having to in Detroit. Not so easy apparently.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
It’s worst on Reddit. Even suggest that Dvorsky would’ve been a better pick than Danielson, and you instantly get 25-50 downvotes.
In all fairness though, reddit is trash at this point. But the blind loyalty to Yzerman is getting a bit strange though, I don't get it. He did well in TB, but I just don't see it playing out the same way now with Detroit. Time will tell I guess.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I hate watched most Oilers games this last year and Kostin was a player I was disappointed to see playing really well. I noticed him in good ways most nights and he was one of the most promising depth pieces that team desperately needs. My good friend who loves the Oilers couldn't stop talking about how great he is. I am glad he is gone for Mr. Considerations himself.

Yamamoto is fine too, but he won't likely reach his past totals without being stapled to a Drai.

I'm not sure there is an Oilers fan out there who is happy with this trade while also being honest with themselves.
There's plenty of us.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
It’s funny how narratives work.

First few pages everyone is shitting on Holland and praising Yzerman.

Now it comes out that Yzerman is the one making questionable moves and it’s “cap circumvention” or “Stevie Y is doing Holland a favor”

Impossible that Holland was the one who outsmarted Yzerman, I suppose. Oilers are either lucky or shit according to most of you folks.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
This whole thing was weird. Why do you not Qualify him, when the QO was lower than what you sign him for a few hours later?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00