Confirmed Trade: [DET/EDM] Kailer Yamamoto and Klim Kostin for future considerations

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I guess it's possible that he still signs in Detroit and they just didn't QO him to avoid an arbitrator potentially giving him too much? But also now he can sign anywhere as a free agent so idk.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If Kostin isn't signed, that's a huge fail by Yzerman. No defending that. You just ate cap for another team for literally nothing.
Sounds like he wasn’t qualified. Kostins agent is being an idiot which is what spurred this whole situation in the first place. Even Stevie maybe figured the price wasn’t worth it.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
What kind of blackmail does Holland have over the Redwings organization??

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Kostin is being completely unreasonable, either he has a specific destination in mind in the NHL or he wants to go home to Russia. I'd love to have him back but if 2 teams with experienced GM's aren't willing to put up him him or his agent then something is wrong.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Yzerman did Holland a favour so I won't mock him. I'm thinking it's related to the 2020 TDL where the Oilers got Mike Green for a 4th, played 2 games, COVID hit, and he retired. Or AA being complete ass after the Oil payed two 2nds.

It'd be funny if Yamo came back at league minimum and Kostin eventually circled back to the Oilers

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Not that i care that much because I like the Oilers and wouldn’t mind them making a run.

But if Red Wings don’t retain anything rim this trade, if this isn’t blatant cap circumvention I’m not sure what is? Yzerman helping out his buddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00