Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Darren Helm (5 years, $3.850M AAV)

SlavaKozlov

Feb 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Visit site
He is always injured and doesn't play with the same work ethic he did early in his career

He played 75 and 77 regular season games in the last 2 years and every playoff game. The injury stuff might finally be behind him now, at least.

Not a huge fan of this signing either, though. $1-1.5 mil too much money on the cap hit, too long of term also, but I care about the money more with the Helm contract, as opposed to Nielsen, which I think is too much term with an OK cap hit.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
c43.jpg

What does Holland have against the Wings anyway?

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
I hate this contract. Didn't want Helm back. He's a 4th line player who thinks he deserves top 6 minutes.

...and this contract pretty much guarantees he'll see plenty of time there. :banghead: Yep, he thinks he's a scorer now. Love this guy as a forechecker and grinder but hate watching him play on scoring lines with talented players. If they pass to him, they never get it back--he always either shoots or turns it over.

At least we don't have to watch him drag down Datsyuk anymore? :(

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well this is brutal... Really no way to put a positive spin on this signing. Holland I don't care if he is having kids with the girl who grew up next door to you this is garbage. Cut the cord.... :shakehead:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad