Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Darren Helm (5 years, $3.850M AAV)

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
This is ugly on a couple levels. Term, value, injury-history.

I like Helm but his skill level and production is not hard to replace. In fact, you already have Athanasiou on the team, who can easily become a better player.

These are kinds the contracts that separate the bad teams from the good. Thanks Holland.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Injuries, lack of production, declining arc of player, guy almost 30....Lets lock him up for the next 5 years and over pay him - Typical Holland move

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Anyone in the Detroit area want to organize a protest outside of the Joe to remove Holland? I cant take this anymore

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
This is ugly on a couple levels. Term, value, injury-history.

I like Helm but his skill level and production is not hard to replace. In fact, you already have Athanasiou on the team, who can easily become a better player.

These are kinds the contracts that separate the bad teams from the good. Thanks Holland.

I was thinking the same- he's already been displaced by Anathasiou. Letting Helm and Miller (one of NHLs most useless players) walk would have aloud Detroit to chase a much needed Defenseman.

Jkalapeno

Mar 27, 2016
Riverview, FL
I wanna die. How the hell can Kenny say that he will give AA, Mantha and Bertuzzi every oppurtunity to make the team and then go and resign Darren Helm??? For five ****ing years? If he doesn't make a trade for a DMan and make room for Mantha and AA I will take a dump in Kenny's mailbox.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Long time Detroit fan here sadly beginning to like other teams who more resemble the Detroit team I grew up watching:

Tampa -Yzerman
Dallas - Nill (Janmrak + Backman for Cole lololol, thanks Kenny)
Chicago - Bowman
Toronto - Shanahan (laugh but Toronto's past 2 drafts have been excellent and they've even signed 2 Russian guys who look to be impact players this year - a play right out of the 90's DRW playbook).

WTF fire Holland, best move on free agency day DRW will have made in 15 years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wings organization has just been going thru slow demise since Bowman/Yzerman and Nill jumped ship

Holland should have been put out to pasture years ago

Last edited:

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I really wanted Helm on the Jets but not at that salary and term.he wasn't worth that in his prime how can he be worth it now and 5 years from now.Thats almost Mark Stuart money!!

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Why Kenny we have like 5 fwds that can replace him...:shakehead

Man I wish we just drafted Chychurin with 16th and kept Dats contract

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Wings organization has just been going thru slow demise since Bowman/Yzerman and Nill jumped ship

Holland should have put out to pasture years ago

The only thing that kept us a float so long was Zetterberg,lids and datsyuk. Kenneth has had no answer to the decline and departure of any of the big three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad