GDT: WCQF Vancouver at Predators, Joshua Tree vs The Cult. Friday, April 26, 4:30 PM Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I know every other HFCanucks poster is hoping Myers has a bad game tonight.

After his monster game 1, and the Canucks losing game 2 because he wasnt in the lineup, another monster game from him will blow the collective minds* of HFCanucks. And I will be here to remind you of it.

* who am I kidding, only mindless people post on forums. Ask me how I know. And it's whom, not who, you maroons. Learn grammer
Not really, I think we need to move on from him ASAP but as of now we need him to perform.

Do we know why he was scratched for Game 2? He looked great at times in Game 1 but he was also on the ice for both goals against. And on Demko's crazy extension save he was dogging it back instead of skating hard.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I am hoping preds take a stupid penalty going for a hit early, and we score and silence the crowd.

Because this Nashville crowd is legit top 5 in the NHL, no joke

Reactions: alternate

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Not really, I think we need to move on from him ASAP but as of now we need him to perform.

Do we know why he was scratched for Game 2? He looked great at times in Game 1 but he was also on the ice for both goals against. And on Demko's crazy extension save he was dogging it back instead of skating hard.

He was sick... very sick..

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Can you blame them honestly tho?
Last time we had a massive event like this, we gave them a shot after so many years and we blew up the city.
It was not just problem starters, so many fans got involved
Doing it in a controlled setting in the arena makes sense.

What did the fans in the city do to deserve the benefit of the doubt?
This City does not wanna gamble, can't blame them honestly, We don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, no matter how fun it is.

Vancouver as a city has not exactly grown up either, some would debate that's it's become worse.

But that's a conversation for another day

I also think there's just not a lot of public demand for it right now... iirc we didn't do the viewing parties until the WCF against SJ.

If the Canucks somehow make it to the WCF or SCF then you can bet there will a lot more pressure for the city to put on viewing parties. First round? Most people cant be bothered

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I also think there's just not a lot of public demand for it right now... iirc we didn't do the viewing parties until the WCF against SJ.

If the Canucks somehow make it to the WCF or SCF then you can bet there will a lot more pressure for the city to put on viewing parties. First round? Most people cant be bothered
That's a good point

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
How about "Team Like That" where we absolutely shit the bed and missed the playoffs entirely?

Was that a playoff avatar?

Its the first round, if the Canucks go deep then the public will demand the downtown core on some streets to close down for viewing parties.

Reactions: DFAC

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Was that a playoff avatar?

Its the first round, if the Canucks go deep then the public will demand the downtown core on some streets to close down for viewing parties.
The public can demand a lot of things. The City is run by NIMBY's that have neutered or successfully removed many large events from the city proper.

To me, there were many clear and evident signs that a riot was brewing in the days leading up to Game 7 in 2011. There was even a celebratory car fire in a parking garage after Game 5 of the WCF. The City and VPD ignored these signs.

Reactions: I am toxic

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
If our star players don't come out with cannons up their asses tonight I'll be disappointed (shot out of a cannon, whatever).

Don't let us down Miller, Petey, Hughes! I expect a big game from the Garland line too. LF f***ING GO.
DALL·E 2024-04-26 12.34.01 - A humorous and exaggerated cartoon-style image depicting the Van...jpeg

Last edited:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

So, no real worry then.

• Haha
Reactions: DFAC

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
The public can demand a lot of things. The City is run by NIMBY's that have neutered or successfully removed many large events from the city proper.

To me, there were many clear and evident signs that a riot was brewing in the days leading up to Game 7 in 2011. There was even a celebratory car fire in a parking garage after Game 5 of the WCF. The City and VPD ignored these signs.

literally everyone in the city knew a riot was happening in 2011. people were skipping watching the game so they could join in the "fun"

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
literally everyone in the city knew a riot was happening in 2011. people were skipping watching the game so they could join in the "fun"
I noped it out of Vancouver some 2 hours before game time. You could tell there was a certain crowd out there was just looking to stir shit up. These were your usual tatted guys from the burbs who were already piss drunk, catcalling girls and yelling "goofs."

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I didn’t know but I’m not a weird degenerate.
If you went downtown for any period of time leading up to the game you could sense something was off. I wouldn't say I knew a riot was inevitable, but then I left an hour before the game started.

I noped it out of Vancouver some 2 hours before game time. You could tell there was a certain crowd out there was just looking to stir shit up. These were your usual tatted guys from the burbs who were already piss drunk, catcalling girls and yelling "goofs."
Someone on the bus tried to fight me, probably because I wasn't drunk and had a neutral expression. It was like taking each of the drunk, violent assholes you've seen on the Stadium skytrain platorm after games over the years and manifested all of them in one place at the same time.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
If our star players don't come out with cannons up their asses tonight I'll be disappointed (shot out of a cannon, whatever).

Don't let us down Miller, Petey, Hughes! I expect a big game from the Garland line too. LF f***ING GO.View attachment 860010
Type in “Vancouver Canucks player #40 shoots a rocket shot into the back of the hockey net, while looking relieved”

I’m curious if this will work lmao

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I didn’t know but I’m not a weird degenerate.
I was downtown when it happened and I didn't even know it was going to. Like it was totally unexpected to me. Someone flipped my friends car over >.> not our proudest moment. But also not our worse either.

I'd take the riot over bringing Messier and Keenan here

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If Canucks win tonight, it proves they can win without Demko.

And that they never lose with Myers in the lineup.

In my opinion, I think it is somewhat plausible for us to return with 2-2, and a much more likely chance of us end up with 3-1. Then either we drop it at home, or we lose the series in Nashville.

Pessimistic? Yes. I've never been one to indulge that glass half full instagram good vibes bullshit. But I've been wrong before, here's hoping that I'll be erroneous again.

Only reason I've not written them off 100%, is that the team has shown much more tenacity and ferocity in the face of adversity than before. In the Reign of Error, the team would blow any lead and fold on themselves with a stiff breeze.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
if you were in your teens/earlymid 20s it's all anyone was talking about in the days leading up to the game

I was in my mid-20s and lived in Vancouver. I'm sure there's a large number of people that expected/prepared for a riot but an equally large or larger number were caught by surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad