Destiny Part 18: Rise of Boolean Gemini(Sept 20th)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Been seeing a lot of complaints about Treasures of Triumph with crappy drops but I got EV-44 Firefly Sparrow which I was considering paying money trying to get.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
So far my Treasures of Triumph drops have been pretty crappy. But the drops for the Weekly Featured Raid have been monumental. Gear drops galore.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo

I haven't played since crota, I'm gonna need you guys to carry me through everything I missed..

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So far my Treasures of Triumph drops have been pretty crappy. But the drops for the Weekly Featured Raid have been monumental. Gear drops galore.

I managed to get Fatebringer on my Hunter so I'm satisfied. But the hunt for the Mythoclast will keep me going.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I have friends who can't count to 6 and read.

Atheon challenge is NOT that difficult.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I have friends who can't count to 6 and read.

Atheon challenge is NOT that difficult.

I don't know man. People were struggling with the standard Atheon strategy before Crota's End even started. I remember specifically that on my last run before Crota, the one where I finally got Fatebringer, it took about 50 minutes to beat Atheon.

Its not hard if you have 6 experienced raiders but if you have even one guy ****ing up, it will kill it for everyone.

zingbo2133

Jun 11, 2009
London, Ontario
Been forever since I played can someone give me a quick run down on how to get exotics back up to regular strength instead of this 150 crap
And if ppl don't mind pulling me through so **** to help out that would be greatly appreciated

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I don't know man. People were struggling with the standard Atheon strategy before Crota's End even started. I remember specifically that on my last run before Crota, the one where I finally got Fatebringer, it took about 50 minutes to beat Atheon.

Its not hard if you have 6 experienced raiders but if you have even one guy ****ing up, it will kill it for everyone.

I just don't know what it so hard about the first 3 people taking the first 3 oracles, then 4, 5, and 6 taking the last three. I had players 4, 5 coming in and killing oracles 1 and 2 which was causing major issues. This lasted for over 90 minutes so I raged.

Maybe the concept is harder for others. I don't know. I try not be a condescending ***** but it just seems so easy to me.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Been forever since I played can someone give me a quick run down on how to get exotics back up to regular strength instead of this 150 crap
And if ppl don't mind pulling me through so **** to help out that would be greatly appreciated

Oh man. Yeah your exotics are not year 3 anymore. You've got quite a road ahead of you. Basically you need to run through the story of the last few DLC to get higher level gear and then progress with rare and legendary gear with higher light before I'd advise going for year 3 exotics. If you're looking to get back into these age of Triumph raids you'll probably be fine without them and then from them you can get 400 level gear.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I just don't know what it so hard about the first 3 people taking the first 3 oracles, then 4, 5, and 6 taking the last three. I had players 4, 5 coming in and killing oracles 1 and 2 which was causing major issues. This lasted for over 90 minutes so I raged.

Maybe the concept is harder for others. I don't know. I try not be a condescending ***** but it just seems so easy to me.

I agree. Not all teams are created equal I guess. When I beat it the first time around it was all kinds of messes screwing us up. People were getting kamikazed by the Supplicants. People were falling off the platform during the Atheon burn. Others were killing two oracles. It was just a mess. And my team was pretty good. The second team I ran it with to go for Fatebringer was even worse so I still technically have to do the second half of the raid because everyone quit after the Templar and I was satisfied with my pull. I do want a legendary non elemental Fatebringer since I was never able to get that roll on the Imago Loop. So I'll probably run it one more time before reset. If anyone is down.

zingbo2133

Jun 11, 2009
London, Ontario
Oh man. Yeah your exotics are not year 3 anymore. You've got quite a road ahead of you. Basically you need to run through the story of the last few DLC to get higher level gear and then progress with rare and legendary gear with higher light before I'd advise going for year 3 exotics. If you're looking to get back into these age of Triumph raids you'll probably be fine without them and then from them you can get 400 level gear.

I'm level 40 with a light level off I thunk 390 with my titan but my exotics are terrible along with a lot of my other weapons I think I'm 230 worth a pulse rifle and that's my tops it's sad

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Unlikely you are 390 with a 230 primary.

I need a full run on my hunter and to finish Atheon on my Warlock. They turned the drop rate on its head from year one on VoG. I got both legendary and Adept Fatebringers my first time through. I have all the exotics except Atheon's Epiloge and the Vex after just about 2 runs through. It's nice to have them, but it does devalue things a little. It felt like a real accomplishment to finally get Fatebringer back in the day (thanks to the crew here carrying me through mostly ;)). This feels a little cheaper than that tbh.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I ran the challenge mode a few times this weekend, got all the adept versions of the guns as well as the Mythoclast. Just need the armor now, but I honestly don't care much with D2 right around the corner. To be honest, I think the Templar challenge is way more difficult than Atheon. I bounced around from random pickup groups until I found competent teammates. If anyone needs help, let me know. PSN Randallooch.

zingbo2133

Jun 11, 2009
London, Ontario

I need a full run on my hunter and to finish Atheon on my Warlock. They turned the drop rate on its head from year one on VoG. I got both legendary and Adept Fatebringers my first time through. I have all the exotics except Atheon's Epiloge and the Vex after just about 2 runs through. It's nice to have them, but it does devalue things a little. It felt like a real accomplishment to finally get Fatebringer back in the day (thanks to the crew here carrying me through mostly ;)). This feels a little cheaper than that tbh.

Ya not 390 only 205 no idea why I thought 390 for some strange ass reason

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
I ran the challenge mode a few times this weekend, got all the adept versions of the guns as well as the Mythoclast. Just need the armor now, but I honestly don't care much with D2 right around the corner. To be honest, I think the Templar challenge is way more difficult than Atheon. I bounced around from random pickup groups until I found competent teammates. If anyone needs help, let me know. PSN Randallooch.
Agreed. The ads make Templar way more difficult. Killing Atheon with two runs doesn't even really take a fluke with a couple of weak links. Just someone telling people what to do (alright, you go in... now go to the middle... etc.).
Ya not 390 only 205 no idea why I thought 390 for some strange ass reason
Not surprised. It wouldn't take you long to get to 380+ if you just play through whatever story missions you haven't done, and then run some heroic strikes.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

They wanted this to be a celebration of the old content, not just an updated light grindfest. They made the rng "generous as frick" so that people could come back and enjoy Destiny instead of having to slog through hours and hours just to get one drop.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Will the first Destiny still be fully playable on PS4 for the foreeable future? Rotations of events, etc? I still haven't got around to playing Rise of Iron, and I'm thinking of playing a bit again soon.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Will the first Destiny still be fully playable on PS4 for the foreeable future? Rotations of events, etc? I still haven't got around to playing Rise of Iron, and I'm thinking of playing a bit again soon.

Yea it should be fully playable, only issue would be the playerbase after Destiny 2 drops.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
They wanted this to be a celebration of the old content, not just an updated light grindfest. They made the rng "generous as frick" so that people could come back and enjoy Destiny instead of having to slog through hours and hours just to get one drop.

That makes sense.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Can you get 350 attack weapons from xur in the engram cause I got an exotic shot gun that was only 170 and don't wanna waste more coin

Lol you bought a legacy engram. It only drops stuff from yr 1 light levels so don't buy those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad