Destiny Part 18: Rise of Boolean Gemini(Sept 20th)

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
http://kotaku.com/leaked-image-gives-a-first-look-destiny-2-out-this-sep-1793560899

Supposedly it is a real leak and we should expect official news today.
And Destiny 2 is still supposedly set to launch on pc as well.

I might stick to console. I feel like my comparative thumb skill is better than my mouse & keyboard. Plus it is way easier to cheat on PC, and Bungie has a bad rep with policing what is already going on. My only qualm is how long before PS5 is out, but I am sure we might find something out at E3.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Apparently,PC preorders have been showing up at some foreign stores.

Whats the hot topic of the day? "Will this ruin the Destiny community?"

People make me angry. It's like Destiny is this great conglomerate of the best people because it doesn't include the PC elitists.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
People who play shooters on PC won't give a **** about Destiny. Just like they didn't give a **** about Halo.

Although the raiding part may draw more people in.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Apparently,PC preorders have been showing up at some foreign stores.

Whats the hot topic of the day? "Will this ruin the Destiny community?"

People make me angry. It's like Destiny is this great conglomerate of the best people because it doesn't include the PC elitists.

No community, regardless of platform, is without its fair share of bad eggs, but I also believe PC has some extremely toxic communities that really only CoD can compete with. It won't ruin the community, but the toxicity will be more apparent. Just my opinion of course, but I've never had anything but awesome experiences with the XB1 Destiny community.

People who play shooters on PC won't give a **** about Destiny. Just like they didn't give a **** about Halo.

Although the raiding part may draw more people in.

That's because no one plays Destiny for the PvP. Being on PC will absolutely draw in more people, but it won't be like a CS:GO or Overwatch type situation. It will draw in the people who like MMO's and RPG's. Like the Mass Effect crowd.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
No community, regardless of platform, is without its fair share of bad eggs, but I also believe PC has some extremely toxic communities that really only CoD can compete with. It won't ruin the community, but the toxicity will be more apparent. Just my opinion of course, but I've never had anything but awesome experiences with the XB1 Destiny community.

That's because no one plays Destiny for the PvP. Being on PC will absolutely draw in more people, but it won't be like a CS:GO or Overwatch type situation. It will draw in the people who like MMO's and RPG's. Like the Mass Effect crowd.

That's not true. Plenty of people play Destiny for the PVP.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
If Destiny 2 has more Nathan Fillion in it, I'm not sure how it could be terrible.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I'd take more Hive over Cabal, personally. I don't find them interesting at all and anything to do with more Phalanxes is a **** you to us :laugh: Vex are still the coolest, to me.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
I honestly can't play AoT right now. I'm constantly contacting servers and getting baboon / weasel. This has never been an issue for me. I've done everything I can network wise to fix this. They are pushing a patch tomorrow so hopefully that fixes it.

I guess the only other thing would be to re-download.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
I turned off downstream QoS on my router and the baboons and weasels disappeared.

Destiny servers are THAT sensitive...

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Got Praeydith's Timepiece and Atheon's Epilogue from VoG 390.

I can see I'm gonna have a repeat of my Fatebringer nightmares

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
How was the updated version? Any significant changes or difficult sections?

I'll put it in spoilers.

[Spoil]
-First plate phase: seemed a lot easier and faster. I think Bungie figured it was a waste of time to make the spire take forever to load.

-The confluxes seemed to be more or less the same but you can't hide in the spirit bloom room

-Oracles I believe all come out all together now. Instead of progressively more. No chance of hiding and sniping.

-Templar challenge demands blocking Templar teleports. There's a lot more adds. Our strategy was two stormcallers on adds, three dps, and one shield guy blocking teleports.

-Gorgon's Maze feels unchanged. Other than you can kill Gorgon's without powering up the others.

-Jumping puzzle....I think they tried to make gravity higher so you couldn't glide across. I felt it at times but eventually just did it the old way. There could be a fix to this in the future.

-The gatekeeper is pretty much the same except you can't snipe from the doorway anymore

-Atheon challenge is annoying as hell. All 6 players need to kill an oracle every turn. it's doable but it requires good co-ordination. Supplicants exploding hurts a lot more now. Like they can instakill from short range.[/SPOIL]

With the 390 scaling it's definitely challenging again. But not overly so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad