Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Beat the raid for a 3rd time. Went from 5.5 - 3 - 1.5 hours.

Also Iron Banner is out next week, and it's basically just control on old maps... with no new weapons.... and Power Level doesn't matter... so it's just basically there for the new armor which looks good, but holy instead of improving on IB, it got worse..

Also Prestige Raid is next week. Probably won't do it, since there's basically only 1 or 2 new things which you can actually get from normal raid (HC), and I don't think PL is increasing from 305.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Beat the raid for a 3rd time. Went from 5.5 - 3 - 1.5 hours.

Also Iron Banner is out next week, and it's basically just control on old maps... with no new weapons.... and Power Level doesn't matter... so it's just basically there for the new armor which looks good, but holy instead of improving on IB, it got worse..

Also Prestige Raid is next week. Probably won't do it, since there's basically only 1 or 2 new things which you can actually get from normal raid (HC), and I don't think PL is increasing from 305.

And nobody knows how to play control right

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Played D1 today. Mayhem Clash is the weekly. Sooooo much fun. 3.1KD for the day across 10-15 matches. I'll play D1 PvP before I touch D2 PvP in its current state. Sad as that is.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
God damnit.

3 flawless Trials runs, still no prosecutor.

I think theyve dumped every other weapon on me, some multiple times.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Played D1 today. Mayhem Clash is the weekly. Sooooo much fun. 3.1KD for the day across 10-15 matches. I'll play D1 PvP before I touch D2 PvP in its current state. Sad as that is.

That is pretty sad because the current state of D2 PvP is a lot better than what Bungie left D1 as. I'd take a scout/ar, scout/smg, scout/sidearm meta and the current ttk's over a match of icebreaker only.

God damnit.

3 flawless Trials runs, still no prosecutor.

I think theyve dumped every other weapon on me, some multiple times.

If you have a Uriel, honestly, you're probably better off with that. The high calibre rounds provide a distinct advantage in mid-to-close range vs the prosecutor and other ARs.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I do have Uriel's Gift at 304, and yeah it's my energy weapon in Crucible (Mida as kinetic, obviously). And I do love it. But I'm deeply intrigued by the range/stability of the Prosecutor, plus the tap fire perk. It seems like the PERFECT AR for how I like to play.

Ah well. Always next weekend.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
For some reason IB just doesn't feel right. The token system is very unrewarding.

Also, the grind for Antiope is rough right now. I've played a fair bit(okay maybe a lot more than that) and the gunsmith has yet to give it to me.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
For some reason IB just doesn't feel right. The token system is very unrewarding.

Also, the grind for Antiope is rough right now. I've played a fair bit(okay maybe a lot more than that) and the gunsmith has yet to give it to me.
I don’t mind the token system. It does feel less fun getting rewards but its probably about = to amount of awards. If you play 3-5 games on 3 different characters every day you can get 45 tokens per day plus whatever you get when you win/lose the games.

Also it took me 60 ranks total for the gunsmith to give me Nergal so good luck getting antiope lol.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I didn't get an Antiope until ~120 ranks.

IB is at least funner than normal crucible just because it definitely doesn't feel like it's skill based MM.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Don't think regular crucible is SBMM either.

I could only play an hour of IB, it's like the exact same as regular crucible.. gets really boring after awhile.

Also what's good about the Antiope - I got one today I'm pretty sure.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It’s the exact same except there’s somewhat a reason to play more then 5-10 matches a week

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Antiope is great. 600 RPM kinetic SMG that shreds. It's very stable, sticky, and has good range. It also has Kill Clip (reactive reload) for a 30% damage increase. When it's active you crit for 26.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Don't think regular crucible is SBMM either.

I could only play an hour of IB, it's like the exact same as regular crucible.. gets really boring after awhile.

Also what's good about the Antiope - I got one today I'm pretty sure.
It’s the exact same except there’s somewhat a reason to play more then 5-10 matches a week

There's definitely an element of skill-based matchmaking in quickplay PvP, which is the worst thing about crucible right now. I can't just relax and play solo because the majority of other players in the lobby actually have thumbs.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
How has this game been doing in sales, daily users, etc? Critical acclaim? Feels like a pretty big disappointment for me overall.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Are you guys talking about the antiope-d smg?

Ill trade one of the like 5 I have for a prosecutor. :P

EDIT: Also, I cannot believe that in the year 2017 there are still people who dont understand that the best way to play control is to lock down 2 points and NOT try pushing for the 3rd.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria

EDIT: Also, I cannot believe that in the year 2017 there are still people who dont understand that the best way to play control is to lock down 2 points and NOT try pushing for the 3rd.

Meh, if you're fast you can rotate control of 2 spots and constantly concede 1 - you don't have to lock down anything. The most important thing is to stay together & support teammates.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA

These maps are smaller. You are probably going to finish a mach quicker running to all three points as a group.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
It's just always one or two dudes that runs for the 3rd point, leaving the rest to handle out-number attacks.

Thank god for double pulse grenades.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
(
How do these figures, and the other criteria I mentioned, compare to Destiny 1? Better? Worse?
Based on the population graph from http://destinytracker.com/destiny/reports/daily-population the average(mean) daily population from launch until today(pvp+pve, 5 weeks) is 5,964,086 . According to the weekly update https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/12272/7_bungie-weekly-update---10102014 from a month after D1 came out, it averaged 3.2 million players per day. Bungie and Destiny Tracker could track these numbers differently but it appears that there are many more daily players of Destiny 2 right now.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
(
Based on the population graph from http://destinytracker.com/destiny/reports/daily-population the average(mean) daily population from launch until today(pvp+pve, 5 weeks) is 5,964,086 . According to the weekly update https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/12272/7_bungie-weekly-update---10102014 from a month after D1 came out, it averaged 3.2 million players per day. Bungie and Destiny Tracker could track these numbers differently but it appears that there are many more daily players of Destiny 2 right now.

Wow, that's surprising. I've been totally underwhelmed by the game so far. I guess I must be part of the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad