Player Discussion Derick Brassard, Analytics Darling

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Anyone who's mind is changed about a trade with significant long-term implications after 6 games is a fool.

Brassard played very well in round 1. Good on the guy for stepping up when we needed him, but that doesn't change the fact we got boned in the trade.

Exact same logic goes for the Ryan trade. Would anyone seriously want to pull the trigger on that trade again because of a great round 1 performance?

Like I said.

Bad asset manengitis is not easy to overcome.

I know it's hard.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Brassard was a good possession driver all season, but of course his production was disappointing. Zibanejad is a flashier player but I seriously doubt he would have had a great season offensively under Boucher's structured play. Brassard does many things well that Zib doesn't do well and he's stepped up so far when the team has needed him most.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brassard is just one of those players that always seems to play with some energy & this team needs players with energy. Some of them always looked so gas when they play.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Brassard was a good possession driver all season, but of course his production was disappointing. Zibanejad is a flashier player but I seriously doubt he would have had a great season offensively under Boucher's structured play. Brassard does many things well that Zib doesn't do well and he's stepped up so far when the team has needed him most.
I find it odd more people don't realize this or refuse to acknowledge it. Brassard does the little things right and is now bordering on top line C for ottawa in the playoffs.

I was annoyed he wasn't scoring more for times during the season, but the more games I saw, the more I appreciated what he brings.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Brassard is just one of those players that always seems to play with some energy & this team needs players with energy. Some of them always looked so gas when they play.

Agreed. I rarely, if ever have seen Brassard play with little energy. Very high energy player. Looks like he's wired on Red Bull 24/7 or something.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I hope it's becoming more clear to people what kind of player Derick Brassard is with these playoffs.

I knew he had a second gear but when he plays for your team, it's actually even more impressive. Did he ever came clutch. He was on the puck all the time and gave the Bruins fits.

Now if only Mark Stone could find a 2nd gear...

Congrats Derick

8 points in 6 games against Boston.

I dare say that we are all very happy now? Well almost all of us, bad asset management is not something that is easily overcome.

Even if we make the ECF, that 2nd round pick is going to bite us in the ass. Dorion is an idiot that can't asset manage to save his life :sarcasm:

Our best forward in round 1, followed closely by Ryan.

Yeah, Brassard and Ryan just won us a round with Turris, Stone and Hoffman not being much of a factor (Bruins game plan was surely neutralizing them)

beaniewong

Oct 6, 2013
The one main thing I love with Brass in the playoffs is he's winning more than 50% of board battles he goes into. Always plays with an edge

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Oh dear god Dorion, please stop talking.

C-bf0_tXsAE7Y0s.jpg:large

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't understand. So he doesn't agree with analytics with regards to Boro but agrees to it with regards to Brassard? Isn't that being hypocritical

He should just talk less. He is becoming more and more like his employer.

It's no more hypocritical than believing the Sens are a good team despite some stats suggesting otherwise.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
The only positive thing I take from this is that at least some people in the Sens Organization think Boro is bad. I wish those people had more power....

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
LOL, we must have the worst management in the league. Thank god our coaching is so good and we have a generational talent.

Anyway, as good as Brassard is doing, he needs to bring it in the regular season as well. Hopefully, he does next year.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Analytics say Boro bad - They're stupid
Analytics say Brass good - Chest pump

For the record, analytics aren't needed to tell this. Though 0 chance Brass was our best forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad