Player Discussion Denis Gurianov - "Change of scenery edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Yes. I don't like attacking players but Gallagher is a much bigger problem vs Hoffman/Armia.

i'll have to disagree with you here. In the short term, Armia and Hoffman are more problematic - they are taking valuable roster spot and offer nothing in return - no offense, no physicality, no leadership.

Gally, can offer leadership and nobody can question his work ethic and commitment to the team/game. He seems like a good vet to have around.

Cap hit is irrelevant for now as we are what? 9M to play with. In a year or two... we may need that cap space, but if I had the chose now between hoffman/Armia or Gurianov, I take the later, but I take Gally over Gurianov.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i'll have to disagree with you here. In the short term, Armia and Hoffman are more problematic - they are taking valuable roster spot and offer nothing in return - no offense, no physicality, no leadership.

Gally, can offer leadership and nobody can question his work ethic and commitment to the team/game. He seems like a good vet to have around.

Cap hit is irrelevant for now as we are what? 9M to play with. In a year or two... we may need that cap space, but if I had the chose now between hoffman/Armia or Gurianov, I take the later, but I take Gally over Gurianov.

Sorry, I will have to disagree back. Monahan can provide the leadership you are talking about at a fraction of the cost of what Gallagher is making. Both the AAV and term left is way more of a problem than Armia and Hoffman who are overpaid but have less term left.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Clearly the ignorant assholes around the league care 'cause they could suck off the military happily but couldn't wear a jersey to tell people that those of other sexual orientation are allowed in the league.
And it does matter because hockey culture has been one of the most homophobic cultures out there.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter much though. NHL having a pride day or not is just a "show de boucane". Pro Sports will remain a very homophobic environment whatever the leagues have pride day or not. I'd say the NHL having a pride day is very hypocritical. Officially there's no gay players in the NHL. I've never seen a NHL player go out publicly in a bar or restaurant with his boyfriend. We all now it's not true. Considering the amount of players in the NHL it's statistically impossible for none of them to be gay. If the NHL was a welcoming place for gay players they would not have to be closet gays. Persnally i almost prefer the NHL to not have a hypocritical pride day since i hate hypocrites.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
At the end of the day it doesn't matter much though. NHL having a pride day or not is just a "show de boucane". Pro Sports will remain a very homophobic environment whatever the leagues have pride day or not. I'd say the NHL having a pride day is very hypocritical. Officially there's no gay players in the NHL. I've never seen a NHL player go out publicly in a bar or restaurant with his boyfriend. We all now it's not true. Considering the amount of players in the NHL it's statistically impossible for none of them to be gay. If the NHL was a welcoming place for gay players they would not have to be closet gays. Persnally i almost prefer the NHL to not have a hypocritical pride day since i hate hypocrites.

Yeah, I'm sure gay players will be much more comfortable coming out publicly now that the NHL cancelled Pride night.

Also, how do you think, in any path of life, culture change happen? Overnight? How the hell is change suppose to happen if it can't happen progressively?

Your post just shows how ignorant you, and a lot people, still are.

I disagree, many of us are sick of that shit being showed down our throats, nobody cares about anyone's sexual. Thankfully the NHL came to their senses and is eliminating that moving forward.
And a lot more of us are sick of your ignorant shit.

Imagine being offended by the colors of the rainbow and people saying they want to love who they want.

f***ing snowflake.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yeah, I'm sure gay players will be much more comfortable coming out publicly now that the NHL cancelled Pride night.

Also, how do you think, in any path of life, culture change happen? Overnight? How the hell is change suppose to happen if it can't happen progressively?

Your post just shows how ignorant you, and a lot people, still are.

And a lot more of us are sick of your ignorant shit.

Imagine being offended by the colors of the rainbow and people saying they want to love who they want.

f***ing snowflake.
Social changes happen when people fight for it (often violently) not when the conservative leadership in place (NHL) is pretending everything is fine.

By cancelling the jersey the NHL just like Target prove they don't give a flying **** about it and gay people should still fight for their rights. Ultimately i see this as a good thing. We know now where the NHL stands.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Social changes happen when people fight for it (often violently) not when the conservative leadership in place (NHL) is pretending everything is fine.

By cancelling the jersey the NHL just like Target prove they don't give a flying **** about it and gay people should still fight for their rights. Ultimately i see this as a good thing. We know now where the NHL stands.
They wouldn’t cancel them if ignorant asses didn’t make a fuss of a few rainbows.

They’re private businesses, the onus to improve societal changes is not on them, it’s on people saying they think companies are hypocrites for cancelling pride nights. They’re the ones who need to look in the mirror and see how ugly they are.

Reactions: CaptainKirk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad