GDT: Dec. 30 • Group A • Canada 5, Slovakia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The McDavid-Horvat-Reinhart line's is invisible today...
The Laughton's line is not producing much offence once again
Why the hell is Rychel and Leier on Team CANADA???? Where's Domi when you need it?

Dumba and Bigras are just........Pelech is ok.

The Horvat line has been invisible because McDavid has been taken off of it. Pretty sure the line has been split up. If Domi wanted to be here he shouldn't have started scoring after the team was named.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Seriously not sure whey Gauthier getting hate?

Hes done his job, does a good job creating pressure. Would I play him a lot in the 3rd, not really, but hes certainly done more for this team than Petan and Rychel

And Im trying to be unbias as possible

Because he isn't a "sexy" player. He may never put up 40 pts in the bigs, but he has one of the highest chances of becoming a professional player down the road due to his ability to do the little things that coaches love.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
If u want gold you're gonna have to play them at some point anyway.

Uh, yeah, no.

Canada was supposed to have to play Sweden for a chance to play for Gold in 2002, but Sweden was upset by Belarus and Canada cakewalked their way to the finals.

And more to the point, I'd rather go through Switzerland-one of Slovakia/Czech, Russia, Finland or Canada/USA and then Sweden or Slovakia/Czech than having to play one of Finland or Russia, then probably Sweden or Canada/USA before playing Finland/Russia or Czech/Slovakia for the Gold. That semi-final game will result in 3 of the big 7 being gone while you get to roll over the clear 8th best team.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Must be so stressful for these guys knowing that they are failing and the entire country is at their heels.

I don't think they are too worried about it... more important things on their mind such as NHL draft, Entry Level Contracts and Gary Roberts' summer bio-steel camp.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
McDavid was good in the first game that's it. For being the next legend in the making he sure has been underwhelming. I guess you put it down on he's only 16 and the whole team has been struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad