Prospect Info: DeBrincat Part 2

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
So what? He is no longer playing against boys. He will now be playing against men who are big and fast. Not just one or the other. Also the huge advantage he has in how he thinks the game will be much smaller. Ignoring these factors is a big mistake.

To be clear, I want him to succeed but I think some are getting a head of themselves with expectations.

AD - Other than Hartman who played in the OHL it is hard to compare production from the junior leagues that TT and NS played in because they place a much bigger emphasis in the defensive game. Schmaltz, Hartman, and TT are also much better defensive players.

I suppose, we are getting ahead, to some degree,but no one can deny
that he is what he is,even if he is young,inexperienced,small,
men vs boys thing...it isn't raw talent,nor raw anything,he just IS.

:popcorn:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But the kids who start and star right out of the gate are lauded for offensive production...the theory is they will learn defense over time and that is why their coaches can live with that..but Q is the opposite ..he cannot live with poir defensive play unless of course it is being done by his trusted vets who he tolerates lazy play frpm

.go figure!!!

This vet/kid double standard treatment is way too convenient a philosophy for Q ...edpecialky when it blows up.in his face as Nashvilke showed us our behinds.. When Toews forgets that $10.5 is not paid to Selke guys who defend but cannot produce big offense ..
Let alone his defense went awol too...when Seabs at $6.8 was a travesty of defending ...and their lax defending gets tolerated (of course with kids you can send them down or sit them for such) but since with vets doing nothing both ways ,you cannot do anything but bah'skate them ...which Q NEVER EVER has done to lazy vets. .then you see that Q has too convenient an excuse to keep the kids minutes down even if they make the team

Cause he CSM lesson kids but cannot Lesson his vets .
.ands the original Hammer said..."can't touch this"....so vets safe from any Q show them.up as a warnibg/example/lesson..but he can amd will lesson a kid .

This is a double standard ...funny ...Babcock lived with his kids defensive issues but gleefully accepted their offensive contributions ...the plan was to go slow and live with their defensive mistakes..but fun thing...they got better faster than Leafs brass thought..Kids punched above their weight and better results in the standings came faster than expected..Now all we hear from the experts is. .it is a kids league and stars may be finished or best years over by 30 ....It is a young man's league now...but Q has not head this
.so he cannot live with too many 19 and 20 year Olds. .that is for every other team ...I guess.This is the old Detroit..do not give them a chance till they have at least 2-3 years down I the AHL model..fat lot of goid that did for Detroit in recent years ..their talent got over-ripe wasting in the AHL...meanwhile EDM suffers with youth till it finally started to bear fruit after a few seasobsblearningnon the job 8n the NHL (of course a generational stud helps).. BUT even there they accepted that defensive learning takes some nhl experience but just let the talent score as much as they could..Eventually defense also started Co ing on. .

My point is that Q has used a double standard for years and we simply are always sold on the "bring them along slowly" model..which is nlwhy 5he talent has trouble developing ...wro g bottom line roles amd too many "Q still does not trust them" comments..
Limited minutes.

You gotta pkay the minutes and learn the lessons that way .

When us "being ready"...when guys at Rockford are AHL alk-stars tearing up that league (so far our Prospects cannot seem to do that)...IS It because we haelvenover -rated them or because their spirit was stifled by not getting nhl spots early enough ..so they lose the dedire/interest ?

So IF DeBrincat really does have NHL talent then holding him on the farm till Q can "trust him" may have a negative effect in stifling his enthusiasm...if he feels he us ready but not given a proper chance Now for NHL stardom...But if his Junior stardom.failsvtobtranslate at the NHL level and h3le cannot shine there then keeping him at Rockford will not change much..Either he Can or he Cannot.

Now it may be that a Brief (half season) time in the AHL after Juniors or College is helpful ....a start right I to the NHL for a lot of kids is too daunting as they give way to nerves ore being awe-struck by playing against st their boyhood heroes..So a half season adjustment till the nerves calm and the natural skills taken over ..that is understandable ..but to assign a 2 -3 year period of adjustment before they are"ready" to pass Q's trust test ..that philosophy stinks to high heaven.If they can produce on the attack..now ..you gotta infuse them over some sorry vet who defends to a degree but cannot beat goalies very frequently ..ofvthe make defensive errors ...you.live with that for now...providing they score more than they give up..So if scores go to 5-4 you take that rather than try to win 2-1 or 3-1 with a more vet laden squad.Besides...if your goalie is any good..he should not need "trusted vets" to prevent pucks going on..he should be good enough to bail out his team when mistakes happen ...9r steal some games when required.

Anyway..if the New NHL is all about speed and youth ..then Q and his reliance on older vets is not the model anyone would want to pursue.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
not really an assumption - if he is up in the NHL it will be in the top 6, if he isn't in the top 6 he is in the AHL.. he doesn't need to be misused up here as we have enough bodies to fill those roles.

we have 1 kid in this system that is dynamic and has the chance to be a star type player - this is it.

I liken him a bit to Cam Atkinson as well. Cam didn't have Alex's scoring ability and was a bit faster on skates, but pretty comparable players with size concerns. Cam took a little over a year to get it, but he didn't have a Patrick Kane to play with and he wasn't as dynamic of a scorer Alex is.

I am not saying Alex comes out of the gate and starts the year in the NHL, just do not be surprised that he plays over 50 games this year and most if not all in that top 6.

another similar player is Conor Sheary who is right around that same size and played amazing with Crosby - smaller players are excelling everywhere as long as they have the smarts and toughness to adjust which Atkinson, Gaudreau, Sheary, Johnson,Gionta, etc do...DeBrincat is well within that group

there are times i am wrong and on this, i hope i am wrong. but i do like your faith and your pov of what you hope for him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The TT saga. You are sort of correct.

However,in my mind,...that wasnt on Teräväinen and his inabilty
as a hyped hockey player,that all what happened,was all on Q.

Look how well he did last season with Canes,when given a correct role.
Sure... there were periods of time when he didn't produce,
but mostly,he played really well last season and surely will
improve from that.

Schmaltz? well..not sure does he fit the profile.
+10, scored roughly 30 points in just over 60 games.

But i don't think he has ever considered as any way of
lets say whats Alex DeBrincat.

i will not dispute you but just spit ballin here. ref last season comment, well lets look at it this way, he is now older and more experience.... the point is rushing players to the nhl and expecting a lot from him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I suppose,but Q did threw him around the line up and kept
switching him from C to W, when his game wasn't as...you know.

In that way it was on Q,now maybe it wasnt completely on Q and
maybe TT was responsible aswell.

but...player needs continuity so one can give full 100% every game,
it messes your mind when you don't know how much you play and what positition,
again TT could of played better,but...its not that simple.

look at the teams that TT was on when he was with the Hawks, Q didn't have the time to let TT develop.... he was going for the golden ring with an exceptional group of Hawks players. yes they, the org rushed him

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So what? He is no longer playing against boys. He will now be playing against men who are big and fast. Not just one or the other. Also the huge advantage he has in how he thinks the game will be much smaller. Ignoring these factors is a big mistake.

To be clear, I want him to succeed but I think some are getting a head of themselves with expectations.

AD - Other than Hartman who played in the OHL it is hard to compare production from the junior leagues that TT and NS played in because they place a much bigger emphasis in the defensive game. Schmaltz, Hartman, and TT are also much better defensive players.

totally understand that BK, but he still put up insane numbers, I know they are in different leagues/different types of players, but you still have to be absolutely impressed that this smurf has destroyed the OHL in 3 consecutive years - I am firmly confident that none of those other names would have come close to 50 goals last year in the OHL let alone 65..

we all know his concerns and issues, but I think it is actually time to start preaching more about this kid when you watch him play and see what he has done...he has been a special talent the past 3 years, I don't see that stopping at all and I will stand by it and him.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Debrincat has a boat load of potential but the jump from the OHL to the NHL is huge. Size in the OHL and NHL are not even close to the same. While I love his fight with a bigger guy but it means little to his production going forward.

He needs to continue to work on his skating because it needs to improve. His skating is not bad but he needs to improve his first step and top end speed.

Potential being the key word. The Cat has a lot of it but no doubt it'll be a huge step for him to jump in and play in Chicago this season. If he makes the team out of camp and that's a big IF, I can see Hawks giving Cat a similar leash as to what they gave to TT, and that's a pretty long leash.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the bottom line, at least for me is this, he will need to earn his spot in the Hawks lineup. even then, i guess that it is his lack of size that i really have a problem with, esp if he is a one dimensional kind of a player.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
the bottom line, at least for me is this, he will need to earn his spot in the Hawks lineup. even then, i guess that it is his lack of size that i really have a problem with, esp if he is a one dimensional kind of a player.

Agreed.... I hope I'm wrong but I get a bad feeling that he may be gifted a spot.

I also think that this team has decent offense if Q just relaxes a bit and let's the players play their own game. Yeah right.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
totally understand that BK, but he still put up insane numbers, I know they are in different leagues/different types of players, but you still have to be absolutely impressed that this smurf has destroyed the OHL in 3 consecutive years - I am firmly confident that none of those other names would have come close to 50 goals last year in the OHL let alone 65..

we all know his concerns and issues, but I think it is actually time to start preaching more about this kid when you watch him play and see what he has done...he has been a special talent the past 3 years, I don't see that stopping at all and I will stand by it and him.

Smaltz and TT both have been dominated on the world stage while Debrincat has not so saying they would not be able to produce at a high level in the OHL is a stretch to me. Would they be 2.0 ppg players? No but they would most likely be 1.25-1.5 ppg players who play much better defense. Just completely different types of players. I would take a 200 ft player with offensive skill over a pure offensive player with defensive issues for the Hawks right now and in the long-term, this is just what I value more.

Potential being the key word. The Cat has a lot of it but no doubt it'll be a huge step for him to jump in and play in Chicago this season. If he makes the team out of camp and that's a big IF, I can see Hawks giving Cat a similar leash as to what they gave to TT, and that's a pretty long leash.

TT aggression issues aside he was a much more developed defensive player. Debrincat is more in the Kane mold while TT/NS are more in the Toews mold (talking defensive responsibility and understanding). It all depends on how Q and Bowman want to develop the roster.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Smaltz and TT both have been dominated on the world stage while Debrincat has not so saying they would not be able to produce at a high level in the OHL is a stretch to me. Would they be 2.0 ppg players? No but they would most likely be 1.25-1.5 ppg players who play much better defense. Just completely different types of players. I would take a 200 ft player with offensive skill over a pure offensive player with defensive issues for the Hawks right now and in the long-term, this is just what I value more.

TT aggression issues aside he was a much more developed defensive player. Debrincat is more in the Kane mold while TT/NS are more in the Toews mold (talking defensive responsibility and understanding). It all depends on how Q and Bowman want to develop the roster.

interesting point here. of the whole team, if this is the only clogged that the offense need to remedy, then the team is in much better shape than i org thought. but i am still not convince. the reason is the "D" has issues.... b/c it will start and ends with Seabs performance.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I would take a 200 ft player with offensive skill over a pure offensive player with defensive issues for the Hawks right now and in the long-term, this is just what I value more.

Of course but complete players with elite offensive talent do not come along every day. I have read that Cat can hold his own defensively so we will see ... but sometimes defensive deficiencies can be ignored if a player can score consistently.

I wasn't trying to compare TT to Cat.... just the leash they may have in Chicago.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I wasn't trying to compare TT to Cat.... just the leash they may have in Chicago.

I figured that. IF he can be decent defensively I am all for giving him a shot but the team as a whole must be more responsible this year to hit their potential. Need to get back to the Hawks team that was a unit of 5 on the ice instead of 3 forwards and 2 d, if that makes sense.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I figured that. IF he can be decent defensively I am all for giving him a shot but the team as a whole must be more responsible this year to hit their potential. Need to get back to the Hawks team that was a unit of 5 on the ice instead of 3 forwards and 2 d, if that makes sense.

He isn't a defensive forward,nor a two-way forward,why the bleep
he should be decent defensively at the moment?

Its important to his progress to let him play his game and not "force feed" him.
Nurture his natural abilities,the defense part comes later in his career.

At the moment Alex is NHL ready to score goals and points,on both 5 on 5 and PP
BTW. dude is a total juggernaut when it comes to PP.

PS. He is a winger not a center,defense isn't suppose to be his forte

Last edited:

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He isn't a defensive forward,nor a two-way forward,why the bleep
he should be decent defensively at the moment?

Because this is the NHL. One dimensional players are rare.

Its important to his progress to let him play his game and not "force feed" him.
Nurture his natural abilities,the defense part comes later in his career.

Agreed but will Q accommodate him? I reckon he will need to light it up immediately and often for that to happen. Like Q did with Panarin.

At the moment Alex is NHL ready to score goals and points,on both 5 on 5 and PP
BTW. dude is a total juggernaut when it comes to PP.

Presumptuous to say he is "ready".

PS. He is a winger not a center,defense isn't suppose to be his forte

Forte no, but if he isn't "decent" defensively odds are he begins his career in RFD.
I suppose it's easy to forget that many junior hockey superstars have failed to transition to the NHL. It's a bigger jump than you seem to think.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I think at this point the realistic best case scenario is that DCat plays good camp and starts with Hawks, goes to Rockford mid November and works his way out back to Chicago by the late January. Not sure how many games that included but maybe around 55 games.

In my wildest dreams he lights it up and plays whole season with the Hawks. But I think his first pro season is something like between Hartman's and Schmaltz's last season. And as you guys know, both Schmaltz and Hartman played good seasons and both can be much better as DCat could too.

18+21 is my guess for his point total. If with Kane whole season, 25+30 ish.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think at this point the realistic best case scenario is that DCat plays good camp and starts with Hawks, goes to Rockford mid November and works his way out back to Chicago by the late January. Not sure how many games that included but maybe around 55 games.

In my wildest dreams he lights it up and plays whole season with the Hawks. But I think his first pro season is something like between Hartman's and Schmaltz's last season. And as you guys know, both Schmaltz and Hartman played good seasons and both can be much better as DCat could too.

18+21 is my guess for his point total. If with Kane whole season, 25+30 ish.

ref the underline, just b/c it worked before, doesn't mean it would work again.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
But the kids who start and star right out of the gate are lauded for offensive production...the theory is they will learn defense over time and that is why their coaches can live with that..but Q is the opposite ..he cannot live with poir defensive play unless of course it is being done by his trusted vets who he tolerates lazy play frpm

.go figure!!!

This vet/kid double standard treatment is way too convenient a philosophy for Q ...edpecialky when it blows up.in his face as Nashvilke showed us our behinds.. When Toews forgets that $10.5 is not paid to Selke guys who defend but cannot produce big offense ..
Let alone his defense went awol too...when Seabs at $6.8 was a travesty of defending ...and their lax defending gets tolerated (of course with kids you can send them down or sit them for such) but since with vets doing nothing both ways ,you cannot do anything but bah'skate them ...which Q NEVER EVER has done to lazy vets. .then you see that Q has too convenient an excuse to keep the kids minutes down even if they make the team

Cause he CSM lesson kids but cannot Lesson his vets .
.ands the original Hammer said..."can't touch this"....so vets safe from any Q show them.up as a warnibg/example/lesson..but he can amd will lesson a kid .

This is a double standard ...funny ...Babcock lived with his kids defensive issues but gleefully accepted their offensive contributions ...the plan was to go slow and live with their defensive mistakes..but fun thing...they got better faster than Leafs brass thought..Kids punched above their weight and better results in the standings came faster than expected..Now all we hear from the experts is. .it is a kids league and stars may be finished or best years over by 30 ....It is a young man's league now...but Q has not head this
.so he cannot live with too many 19 and 20 year Olds. .that is for every other team ...I guess.This is the old Detroit..do not give them a chance till they have at least 2-3 years down I the AHL model..fat lot of goid that did for Detroit in recent years ..their talent got over-ripe wasting in the AHL...meanwhile EDM suffers with youth till it finally started to bear fruit after a few seasobsblearningnon the job 8n the NHL (of course a generational stud helps).. BUT even there they accepted that defensive learning takes some nhl experience but just let the talent score as much as they could..Eventually defense also started Co ing on. .

My point is that Q has used a double standard for years and we simply are always sold on the "bring them along slowly" model..which is nlwhy 5he talent has trouble developing ...wro g bottom line roles amd too many "Q still does not trust them" comments..
Limited minutes.

You gotta pkay the minutes and learn the lessons that way .

When us "being ready"...when guys at Rockford are AHL alk-stars tearing up that league (so far our Prospects cannot seem to do that)...IS It because we haelvenover -rated them or because their spirit was stifled by not getting nhl spots early enough ..so they lose the dedire/interest ?

So IF DeBrincat really does have NHL talent then holding him on the farm till Q can "trust him" may have a negative effect in stifling his enthusiasm...if he feels he us ready but not given a proper chance Now for NHL stardom...But if his Junior stardom.failsvtobtranslate at the NHL level and h3le cannot shine there then keeping him at Rockford will not change much..Either he Can or he Cannot.

Now it may be that a Brief (half season) time in the AHL after Juniors or College is helpful ....a start right I to the NHL for a lot of kids is too daunting as they give way to nerves ore being awe-struck by playing against st their boyhood heroes..So a half season adjustment till the nerves calm and the natural skills taken over ..that is understandable ..but to assign a 2 -3 year period of adjustment before they are"ready" to pass Q's trust test ..that philosophy stinks to high heaven.If they can produce on the attack..now ..you gotta infuse them over some sorry vet who defends to a degree but cannot beat goalies very frequently ..ofvthe make defensive errors ...you.live with that for now...providing they score more than they give up..So if scores go to 5-4 you take that rather than try to win 2-1 or 3-1 with a more vet laden squad.Besides...if your goalie is any good..he should not need "trusted vets" to prevent pucks going on..he should be good enough to bail out his team when mistakes happen ...9r steal some games when required.

Anyway..if the New NHL is all about speed and youth ..then Q and his reliance on older vets is not the model anyone would want to pursue.

LOL! How long did it take you to type up this original drivel?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Debrincat has been proving doubters wrong and embarrassing the 'bigger and faster' players in every single hockey level he's ascended to.

That will continue, provided that he's afforded the opportunity to play with skill players off the hop and given a long enough leash to make use of his greatest strength - his adaptiveness. As long as he's not stuck in the bottom 6, and the coach isnt overly punitive for minor mistakes, the transition will be smooth.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Debrincat has been proving doubters wrong and embarrassing the 'bigger and faster' players in every single hockey level he's ascended to.

That will continue, provided that he's afforded the opportunity to play with skill players off the hop and given a long enough leash to make use of his greatest strength - his adaptiveness. As long as he's not stuck in the bottom 6, and the coach isnt overly punitive for minor mistakes, the transition will be smooth.

Ideally he would have top-6 line mates for him to have the best opportunity to succeed, so I would prefer him to be with 15-88, but I could see him doing well on the 3rd line too with Schmaltz and Hartman.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He is a much better shooter and has better hockey sense and passing ability than Schmaltz ever has had or will have ..so there is no comparison in those areas...But Schmaltz is a better skater (even though D'Cat's skating is not as bad as many have stated ...to me skating is not even an issue...but Schmaltz has recovery speed con the back-check to be a goid 209 foot player.that and that alone is the only comparison one coukd male. ..on the other hand D-Cat coukd be a 49-50 goal scoring impact star...Schmaltz probably never cracks 20 goals ...it is a stupid comparison ..D-Cat has far greater ...far greater offensive impact potential .He can Beat Goalies...a rare gift on the NHL where so many ...even highly Pais "stars" seem to be having trouble doing it much.D-Cat gets off shots that beat goalies with a Bossy-lije super -quick release. .that alone separates his talent from virtually the entire NHL...It is not a 1-timer scoring threat shooter like a Brett Hull or Panarin or Ovechkin firing from the dot ..Rather it is the Bossy-like super quick release and wrist/snap shot from anywhere ...and it finds tge gaps goalies cannot cover ..It is a cry special attribute few if any current NHLERS have ..which is why he Would make most NHL rosters ....immediately..cause he will simply put pucks in past goalies..Nothing they can do ..the release. It is alk about the release ..It is like a gunslinger shoot-out at high noon...Fastest on the draw always wins ..the release is special gift fast ...he will pile up goals IF given tge opportunity...period.You cannot take that aspect from his game.As to defense..I do not think he is any worse than K ane was in putting effort into defending when Kane first came to us or even now at times. HE IS an offer sive player. .and you live with other posdible deficiencies..but you get linemates to help cover for this if they become a problem.He will.bever be McDavid in skating..who is? BUT McDavid may never even get 49-50 Goals ..he has a goid shot but it is not Bissy-lije and goalies can stop some of these McJesus shots ...but few goalies coukd stop the Bissy release ..similarly that us tge very special gift D-Cat has...It will not matter he will face NHL goalies ...That never bothered Bosdy either..you cannot stop shooters who posses that kind of quick release..it is rare and unfortunately for goalies D-Cat has that rare gift ..Despite whatever else D-Cat brings...hockey sense vision 0asding ...it is that release on tge shot snd the hardness and accuracy from the release that makes his shot so stunningly great..and that 1 attribute alone is enough to justify why he ought to be piling up goals this season I tge nhl ...except he may not..because...only in Chicago...only in the Q world..could it be otherwise. .no other team woukd keep such a rare ability out of the NHL..but maybe Q finds a way or maybe Stan outsmarted himself by mis-judging D-Cat's ETA readiness but now stick with his vet signings and because we can send D-Cat down without losing hom to waivers. .they probably ate forced to do that .Too bad we may have to wait 1 more year before we get entertained by D-Cat beating goalies in bunches.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He is a much better shooter and has better hockey sense and passing ability than Schmaltz ever has had or will have ..so there is no comparison in those areas...But Schmaltz is a better skater (even though D'Cat's skating is not as bad as many have stated ...to me skating is not even an issue...but Schmaltz has recovery speed con the back-check to be a goid 209 foot player.that and that alone is the only comparison one coukd male. ..on the other hand D-Cat coukd be a 49-50 goal scoring impact star...Schmaltz probably never cracks 20 goals ...it is a stupid comparison ..D-Cat has far greater ...far greater offensive impact potential .He can Beat Goalies...a rare gift on the NHL where so many ...even highly Pais "stars" seem to be having trouble doing it much.D-Cat gets off shots that beat goalies with a Bossy-lije super -quick release. .that alone separates his talent from virtually the entire NHL...It is not a 1-timer scoring threat shooter like a Brett Hull or Panarin or Ovechkin firing from the dot ..Rather it is the Bossy-like super quick release and wrist/snap shot from anywhere ...and it finds tge gaps goalies cannot cover ..It is a cry special attribute few if any current NHLERS have ..which is why he Would make most NHL rosters ....immediately..cause he will simply put pucks in past goalies..Nothing they can do ..the release. It is alk about the release ..It is like a gunslinger shoot-out at high noon...Fastest on the draw always wins ..the release is special gift fast ...he will pile up goals IF given tge opportunity...period.You cannot take that aspect from his game.As to defense..I do not think he is any worse than K ane was in putting effort into defending when Kane first came to us or even now at times. HE IS an offer sive player. .and you live with other posdible deficiencies..but you get linemates to help cover for this if they become a problem.He will.bever be McDavid in skating..who is? BUT McDavid may never even get 49-50 Goals ..he has a goid shot but it is not Bissy-lije and goalies can stop some of these McJesus shots ...but few goalies coukd stop the Bissy release ..similarly that us tge very special gift D-Cat has...It will not matter he will face NHL goalies ...That never bothered Bosdy either..you cannot stop shooters who posses that kind of quick release..it is rare and unfortunately for goalies D-Cat has that rare gift ..Despite whatever else D-Cat brings...hockey sense vision 0asding ...it is that release on tge shot snd the hardness and accuracy from the release that makes his shot so stunningly great..and that 1 attribute alone is enough to justify why he ought to be piling up goals this season I tge nhl ...except he may not..because...only in Chicago...only in the Q world..could it be otherwise. .no other team woukd keep such a rare ability out of the NHL..but maybe Q finds a way or maybe Stan outsmarted himself by mis-judging D-Cat's ETA readiness but now stick with his vet signings and because we can send D-Cat down without losing hom to waivers. .they probably ate forced to do that .Too bad we may have to wait 1 more year before we get entertained by D-Cat beating goalies in bunches.

Debrincat is a great shooter due to his release. Hockey sense Schmaltz and Debrincat are actually really close (because Schmaltz's dzone sense). Schmaltz and Debricat are completely different players. Schmaltz is the complete 200 ft player type who is a pass-first player like Joe Thornton (not talking overall game as Joe used to have a superstar level dominance with the puck due to his size) and Debrincat is the pure offense type (more Kane/Ovi). You need both when building a team so it is great to have both.

49-50 goal scorer? Not a chance considering there were 3 40 goal scorers in the league last season with the top goal scorer being Crosby with 44 goals. I do think Debrincat has 30-40 goal potential if he clicks with Kane.

If both Schmaltz and Debrincat hit as prospects I could see their top scoring break down being something like this (assuming they play on a line with Kane for 82 games).

Schmaltz 15-20 goals 45-55 assists 65-70 points
Debrincat 30-40 goals 45-50 assists 75-85 points

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think there's something to be said for the mechanics of his shot being tighter with him being so small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad